Old 10-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Spent a few hours at a festival today. I was sampling yummy foods, but I got in more than 10,000 steps before 4pm!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

BreakingUp: My bf was like that when he first started staying over. It's like they don't understand how much it means to us. It's not just about another warm body laying next to you. It's so much more than that. Men...I know we're supposed to be understanding and self-less. But sometimes we just need what we need. I hope HE understands you.

atarimae: Your friend is a florist?? Which florist?? I'm in the wedding industry so maybe I know them! I'm trying to avoid the mall because I know I'll keep losing weight and I'll just have to keep buying clothes. I want to wait until I'm at least nearer to goal weight. I had to do 4 separate round of buying clothes the last time I was on my weight loss plan because I couldn't wait. Glad you're down a size, though!

katbot: Keep the ring in. Don't take it out until you're supposed to. Even if you got your period, your body still needs the hormones. Your body might just be adjusting to your new eating schedule/diet. Your body does weird things with changes, but it'll adjust soon. No worries!

ballerina: oooh, what kind of food?

So the bf and I are still doing terribly. It's just not getting better and I don't know if I can move past this week. It's just been fight after fight and it's gotten to the point where he can't even give me common courtesy. I guess one of his friends invited him to a wedding (JUST HIM), and without even talking to me he accepted. Besides the fact that I really don't like this friend, the fact that he just did it was like a slap in the face. To me it's like, "I really don't give a flying f~~~~ what you think but I'm going anyway." I just feel like he could have brought it up to me before accepting even if he was going to say "yes," regardless. Ugh. This whole thing has started to disgust me to the point where I'm ready to just call it quits.

On a better note, the bridal shower today was fun. I'm not into the games and opening gifts in front of people, but this is one of my best friends so I'm really glad I went. It was nice to see her so happy with the rest of the girls! Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:21 AM   #48  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Katbot ~ Oooh Thanksgiving food is giving me quite a watery mouth already. Have a nice dinner!

Ballerina ~ Wow great job on all that walking! Keep us updated on the foods...love hearing of these things, now that Taste of Honolulu isn't around. That sampling is wayyyyy too yummy.

jmko ~ She is just kind of starting out in the business, but if you want to check out her work on FB, it's Candi's Flowers. That thought of you knowing her due to your industry actually crossed my mind too! I hope things with you and the BF work out though. He may be on his man-period and may just need some time to cool off before actually realizing what he's doing is wrong. If things don't get better, hope you can have a serious talk with him about what's going on.

~~

Maaaaan, I'm kind of in a great mood today! Got to get some grocery shopping done, got my health clearances filled out, and okay, little happy girly moment...there might be a guy to be talking about in the future. Oookay, there's nothing serious at all going on yet, but I'm hoping things are promising.

I got some homework and a birthday dinner in store for tomorrow. Have a great Sunday everyone!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #49  
in pursuit of progress

S/C/G: 180/146/130

Height: 5'6"

I am feeling great because I finally got back in the gym after a summer of it being closed! It was so nice being able to do things other than running!!

Although I am a little nervous because I have a very busy week ahead, entertaining my cousin who is coming to stay, I am planning on showing him some amazing bits of London and I want to take him to some great restaurants/cafes/bars too. I will just have to make sure I am making the healthiest possible choice!
nina cloudstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #50  

My steps were even more awesome yesterday!! I walked over 15,000 steps by the end of the night! And I climbed up 15 flights of stairs.

I wasn't sure if y'all wanted to hear about the food!
One place had these delicious artichoke tarts, so I had two of those. Another place had vegan mac and cheese along with some kale, so I tried some of that. It was a big serving so I didn't want to eat the entire thing. Some fries (haha I just wanted something a little salty), a delicious little dessert thing...it was chocolate pudding with a marshmallow on top served in a small shot glass...yum!...oh, and some frozen yogurt. There were loads of booths, but they were charging for all the food so I only wanted to try food that I really wanted.

Needless to say...I had a very light breakfast before all of that, and I knew I'd need to go light on dinner. Went out to eat with friends for a birthday, and we went out for Mexican. Since I wanted guacamole with chips, I opted to only eat some of the inside of my taco (so, chicken, peppers, and onions) and avoid the taco shells. Had a dessert cocktail instead of a big dessert too.

jmko I'm sorry you've hit such a rough patch with the boyfriend.
(I mean this next part gently...) It's probably because I don't know the back story with the fights and such, but I don't know if I understand why you're upset about the wedding issue? Did you want to go with him? Did you want him to skip it? Did he need to ask permission?
I could be wrong, but do you think things he is doing/not doing are getting on your nerves more because you might want out of the relationship? Or there's a bigger issue that needs to be tackled?
*hugs* I hope things get better, whatever you decide to do.

Atarimae Oooo! I love that feeling of excitement about a possibility. The thrill of a new crush.
I haven't been dating lately. Between apartment hunting and roommate hunting, the last thing I want to tackle is online dating, which is how I normally meet guys.

nina Enjoy your time with your cousin! and congrats on getting back into the gym.

It's chilly here!! 52! So awesome. I have my window open and it is awesome. So excited that I can layer and wear cute fall clothes.

Last edited by Quiet Ballerina; 10-07-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #51  

Height: 5'2"

sorry guys, i'm just gonna barge right in and ask the question of who goes from 139 to 136.8 in one day? it isn't that i'm not excited..... just. what?
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #52  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

I saw someone say something about a festival and it made me think of the fair that's coming up this week, and I wanna go, but gaaaaaaaaaaaahhh at the food. I don't know if I'm gonna splurge or not, but part of me wants a deep-fried candy bar, lol. Terrible!!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #53  
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey guys! It's been a couple weeks since posting. I haven't been feeling too hot. I honestly don't know what's wrong. A couple nights a week I stay up ridiculously late with what feels like a huge balloon of gas in my chest. Usually I puke up whatever I had to eat last. It's so bad that I've missed like 5 days of school because the next day I am exhausted, which is making it hard to stay on top of my algebra, my workout and my diet. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday but I am so sick of this. I am so tired. I hope to catch up in the next couple of days.
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:55 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Katbot – How did midterms turn out? They are one thing I definitely do not miss from being a student!

Atarimae – I hope things got off to a great start with the new school! As far as TOM, I recently got a new scale that (supposedly) measures body weight and water percentage. TOM started yesterday, with a slight gain. I noticed that my body fat % dropped and my water % is the highest I have seen it so far, so I guess I retain right at the beginning.

Jmko – Sorry to hear that thing are so rocky with the boyfriend right now, but I’m glad that other aspects of your life seem to be going well.

Cutecutecat
– Welcome! Good luck cutting back! I got some great advice as to eating out on this thread last week: go in with your mind made up and don’t even look at the menu.

Breakingupwith90lbs – Sorry you’re feeling crummy! Different BC affects people in different ways. Hopefully it will even out soon, but if not maybe you need to head back to the doctor and try something else. Also, not sure if you have been on the same eating plan for a while, but if I make a drastic change (like dropping my card intake) I find that can wreak havoc on TOM.

Quiet Ballerina – All the food you got to sample sounds delicious. Did you hit up Taste of DC? I heard that mentioned on the radio. I checked out the Manassas Fall Jubilee with my parents, who were visiting, but managed not to venture into the food court.

Nina cloudstar – Yay for the gym being open again! Variety is the spice of life. Have fun with your cousin!

Beahawkins – I hope you feel better soon!

So I have managed to fail completely at my original plan of checking in here every day for accountability. Things got off to a great start last week, but my parents were here over the weekend and I always manage to overeat when I spend time with them. I really need to stop that.

In other news I managed to stick to my plan of the red pepper and crab soup for the anniversary dinner last Tuesday night. I added on an order of mussels (which turned out to be enormous) to round out the meal. The restaurant was fabulous and I can't wait to go back. After that we headed home, exchanged cards, and my BF proposed. I knew it was coming, but didn't expect it then. I'm excited, but it's definitely made things a little more hectic because I am completely clueless about wedding planning and how we are going to fund this thing.
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

atarimae: haven't heard of her but her stuff is really cute! So...this guy...is it the same one you met in chinatown that was complimenting you??

nina: I'm glad you got back to the gym! Good luck on making healthy choices when your cousin is in town!

ballerina: no worries...my ex-bf used to have this tendency to just do what he wanted, when he wanted. He never used to tell me until he was halfway out the door. When my current bf and I got together this was one of the first issues we talked about...to me, it's almost like a common courtesy thing. He said he understood and would make an active effort to never to something like that. The fact that he did it, really ticks me off. The fact that he told me on Saturday that he did it on purpose makes me even more mad. I don't expect to be included in every aspect of his life, but that weekend of the wedding is the last weekend we have before I leave for a 2-week business trip. I just expected a conversation before he made a decision on anything...Like, "hey, i've got this thing, do you mind if I go? I know Saturday nights are usually our date nights..." blah blah blah. Maybe I'm just crazy or overly sensitive.

val: congrats on the loss! Did you do anything differently? Weight loss isn't linear either. Sometimes our bodies just do weird things. Did you have a stall recently?

mimsy: When I was in vegas a couple weeks ago I made it a point to go get deep fried oreos. Holy cow they were so good. And they were cheap! I got 3 for $1. When we have the carnivals and fairs here, they're like 4 for $6.

bea: I was wondering about you! I hope you're feeling better. How are things going with that guy?

audri: CONGRATS!!! Post a picture of your ring!! I'm so excited for you! I'd say good job sticking to soup and eating healthy, but that's so minor compared to your big news!!!

I feel like I'm just all bad news recently. We lost our cat this weekend. We last saw her on Saturday evening. She usually comes home every couple hours but she just never came back. I spent the rest of the weekend walking up and down the streets calling her name, talking to neighbors, informing the humane society...I've been up at night hoping she'll come back, but she hasn't. This cat is like my kid. I don't know what to do...

On a better note, today was weigh in day and I'm down 5.5 pounds. Thank goodness. I always have my doubts about my weight loss but I'm glad it's worked out. I just need to stick with it. I know I won't see a loss this great every week, but every little bit counts, right?
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/180

I feel like i'm interrupting lol! I haven't posted in this thread since the beginning of October so I thought I'd give a quick update before I read through your guys' posts

---

Hope all my fellow Canucks had a great Thanksgiving weekend. I worked all weekend serving and it was absoloutly nutso! Always busy, but good money. I unfortunately missed out on thanksgiving with my family because they live a couple hours away and I booked off the wrong day but they sent me a care package of delicious food home. Yesterday, I had a small family reunion where I got to see some cousins and aunties I haven't seen in a couple years and again, another huge turkey dinner.

My boyfriend surprised me and came down just for the night last night (I was coma tose from turkey) I haven't seen him in 2.5 weeks because he works 2 hours away until November so it was nice to catch up on Dexter and visit with his family.

Weight-loss wise it's been VERY VERY VERY slow moving since I quit Ideal Protein. i have only gained 1lb back which is better than other peoples stories I've heard them gaining everything back and then some. So i'm not too upset, its hard to go from losing 3lbs a week to losing 0.5 lbs a week. I'm at a loss of what to do most days, I really want this weight off.

In a weird way as much as I'm in this to lose weight to feel better about myself and to be healthy, I also want my doctor to see that I've shed the weight when I go to my next physical. Since she's always telling me to do it.
nightprowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #57  

jmko Oh! Well now that you explained that part of the story, I totally get it. Not cool on his part at ALL. I'd be mad too. Very disrespectful of him to do that. And the way he went about it sounds kind of immature too.
I'm so sorry about your cat. Hope she comes home soon.

Audri: yep yep! Taste of DC. Too funny; I didn't realize how close we are. You're only about an hour from me! Congratulations on the engagement!

bea Welcome back! That really sounds awful though...*hugs* Hope things get better soon.

val Wow! Awesome whoosh! My body only does that when I'm sick and living off of broth.

mimsy they had deep fried oreos there, but I didn't want to try them (and I heard a lot of the booths sold out of those quickly!)

night Sounds like a very nice surprise from your boyfriend! I like surprises like that.

Sad to see my 3 day weekend end... Woke up this morning with my neck a little stiff. It's probably time to get new pillows. I didn't do much homework today, but I tackled a lot of dishes and things like that. So that's good. my life is a little boring sometimes. But I'd rather boring over stressful ANY day of the week!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #58  

Height: 5'2"

bea wow! that sounds terrible..i hope its nothing serious! do you think it could acid reflux or something? good luck at the doctor.

audri congrats!!

jmko i hope the cat is okay. good thing letting the humane society know. maybe put some posters up. did it have a collar? i feel like cats are very smart and independent, so hopefully she is okay somewhere.

nightprowler happy thanksgiving. i'm sure your doc will notice a loss, no matter how big or small and congratulate you.

for those who asked..i haven't done anything different except get a little more serious about my calorie intake (no more boyfriend pizza! no more boyfriend fast food!). i had been on track for a while and getting frustrated because i was wavering between 138 and 139. happy for this woosh cause so far it's sticking! hope everyone had a good 3 day weekend. surprised to see that my bank was open today. a bank manager was giving out hershey kisses and i automatically grabbed one...then i was all like "wait, no, i can't have this! here this is for you!" and i gave it to my bank teller lol
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:06 AM   #59  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Ballerina ~ Oh man, some of the things you mentioned - especially the dessert because of my sugar limitations - sound suuuper delish right now! *drool*

bea ~ Oh no! Hope you feel better!

audri ~ Eeeek! congrats on the proposal! It's nice to see you back! And thank you for the info. I was able to see the TOM whoosh with this weigh in!

jmko ~ Yes, that would be the one! Haha, but I'm not making a super big effort of anything. It's not that I don't want to...I just have to focus on my #1 priority - school! I'm sooo sorry to hear about your cat though. I hope you find her! Also, congrats on the loss!

nightprowler ~ I feel the EXACT same way! I avoid all these places that I used to go to because I want them to see the change. Unfortunately, I needed to go to the doc's to get a TB test, but luckily there was no weigh-in. I think I'm only 2 pounds heavier than I used to be though, but at the time, I told my doc I'd be a lot lighter. LOL.

val ~ Great job on the loss! At that lower weight, it's hard to see a whoosh like that, so super glad it's sticking! Also, nice way of handling the chocolate!

~~

Heeey girls. So last night, I had a family dinner for my cousin's birthday at my grandma's house. (I have 4 grandmas, so sorry for any future confusion ~) Anyway, I found out we were having Chinese, so me having to watch my sugar/carb intake? Suuuper hard! What is it with Asian food and sugars/starches? Hehe, I'm Japanese, so I'm allowed to bash...because SERIOUSLY! /end mini rant

Anyway, I managed to eat a bunch of sodium-filled saucy veggies with some minute chicken and garlic shrimp that my grandpa cooked. Not so bad. But then maaan was it hard to turn down dessert! I was asked like 10 times if I wanted anything! My aunties thought I was crazy for not eating anything. Later on the way home though, my dad gave me this talk about how proud he was that I had such willpower to continuously turn down dessert. He was the one who I was worried was being unsupportive, because he seemed so negative on my attempts. But then when I asked him if I looked thinner (I haven't seen him in about a month), he's like "Oh yeaaah! You can see a difference!" which made me feel a lot better.

Then this morning with weigh in, I saw 162.2. I kind of freaked out, thinking I'd see 163 or so at best. Hopefully this helps shape how the rest of this week will be!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #60  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning everyone.

Oh personals - SO MANY!

audri8301 Congrats!!! How exciting! Did you cry? I cried and screamed "I do" instead of yes.

jmko - hang in there with everything. At least you're losing instead of gaining while stressed? I always gain when stressed.

beahawkins - Feel better!

to everyone else!

---------

I've been in a funk. I'll admit it. Just in general. Overall. So, I'm wearing my highest (5") patent leather heels today to pull myself out of it.

I saw the counselor and he basically said I don't need counseling, I just need a pill because my issues are these deep seeded things that need counseling - I just have weird things that stress me out and upset me. So, I'm starting Wellbutrin SR (as of yesterday) that my doctor actually prescribed for me 8 months ago that I never started. If I don't like that I'll go back and ask for an actual anxi-anxiety pill.

Our party was a huge success and everyone had a great time! Except one friend - that did too many shots and got miserably sick in the bathroom. Serves him right for being a USC fan and not a UGA Fan. If you watch college ball - he did a shot of 90 proof whiskey every time USC scored... it was bad news.

Dinner with the In-laws tonight!

Have a great day. I'll stop disappearing so much and get my sh*t together.

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 10-09-2012 at 08:45 AM.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote