Old 06-12-2016, 11:44 AM   #376  

S/C/G: 257/257/150

Height: 5'6"

First name: Taryn

Geographical location: North Dakota

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: Harley, 4

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, Entertaining, Hunting, Fishing, Wrenching on vehicles, photography, bingewatching netflix

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6/8/16

Starting Weight: 257

Present Weight: 255

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: All of it. I need to have the willpower to make conscious food choices as well as the willpower to make myself get off my butt.

Following any specific plan: Nothing too specific. Working out like a boss, and eating healthy/clean versions of my favorite meals. I'm going to try to incorporate vegetarian meals in more often too, as well as power smoothies.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel like it was easier for me to lose the weight the first time, as I was younger and had no real responsibilities. I feel like this time it's different because I have to maintain my life as well as improve myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I want to say good job, good luck, keep going. We'll get there.
Winosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:59 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 285/279/250

Height: 5 foot 7 inches

Default My Profile

First name: Samantha

Geographical location: New York, USA

Marital Status: single (but have a boyfriend)

Children/Ages: none!

Pets: 2 dogs and a cat

Hobbies/Interests: camping, kayaking, and photography

Height: 67 inches

Eye/Hair Color: brown eyes and brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 285 lbs May 15th, 2016

Starting Weight: 285

Present Weight:279

Goal Weight:250

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stress and emotional eating.

Following any specific plan: Using MyFitnessPal and exercising regularly

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have gained some emotional confidence that I have never had before. In the past, I never had the support that I wanted, and now that has changed.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have a huge issue with "yo- yo" ing with my weight. I will lose a ton of weight, but within a few months I will gain it back plus more.

Last edited by Winry; 06-19-2016 at 09:01 PM. Reason: I had some missing information that I had missed before!
Winry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:38 PM   #378  

S/C/G: Starting:136lbs Goal:115lbs

Height: 5"2

First name: Emily

Geographical location: UK

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages:

Pets: 2 pets

Hobbies/Interests:

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: green eyes, blonde/brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: TODAY

Starting Weight: 133lbs

Present Weight: 133lbs

Goal Weight: 115lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightless: Junk food :/

Following any specific plan: Starting with the South Beach Diet and continuing to Low Fat High Carb Vegan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I'm setting it as a gaol rather than 'i should probably lose weight" And holding myself accountable by telling people, joining communities and joining this forum.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
NaturalBeauty17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 04:17 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 240

Height: 5'5"

First name: Ashley

Geographical location: Los Angeles

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Dog- Tarzan

Hobbies/Interests: Films, television, reading, writing and basically anything entertainment.

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/ Green , Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today, July 5th.

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 240

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying motivated

Following any specific plan: None yet.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to lose the weight to qualify for a breast reduction surgery and to be healthier

Allons_y_Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:39 PM   #380  

S/C/G: 217/211/145

Height: 5'5

First name: Amber

Geographical location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Marital Status: Common Law

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 0

Hobbies/Interests: music, crafting, reading, travelling, coffee drinking

Height: 5'5 or so

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Uh... 2003 or earlier. Chronic yo-yo dieter Starting date of my current journey: July 2/16 (switched from WW to SB as of yesterday)

Starting Weight: 217

Present Weight: 211

Goal Weight: 135-145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating for entertainment/enjoyment; emotional eating; food addiction; maintaining weight loss

Following any specific plan: South Beach

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Following South Beach as an adult (last time I did I was 14). It's nice to be able to eat until I'm full instead of having minuscule portions that I have to ration out/count (that was triggering past ED behaviours so I had to switch)

Anything else you would like to share with us: Have tried several diets: WW, SB, calorie counting, vegetarian... Here's hoping SB as an adult where I can make my own food choices works!
ambymaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:59 PM   #381  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

First name: Dakota

Geographical location: Canada

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: Nicholas Cat

Hobbies/Interests: Baseball, fishing, quading

Height: 5'9

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 28, 2015

Starting Weight: 245.4

Present Weight: 214

Goal Weight: 135-145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: portion control, motivation to work out

Following any specific plan: Eating clean and low carb and starting 21 day fix when it comes in the mail

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am ready! I have taken pictures of myself and I am ready to make a change. I am eating clean and have not felt hungry or like I need to eat more. I have ordered 21 day fix to help me with my portion control and i have bought a food scale. I am also ready the labels on EVERYTHING and cutting sugar as much as possible. This time around I am also on a healthy sleep schedule and have a regular routine that leaves me hours to prepare my meals and to walk on the treadmill. I have even gone as far as to make my own salad dressing as opposed to using the crap filled store bought ones. The hardest thing for me to give up was my vanilla greek yogurt (approx 25-30 grams of sugar a serving) but I have happily replaced it with non fat plain greek yogurt with vanilla extract, almond butter, and chia seeds (5g of sugar and way less carbs!!)

Anything else you would like to share with us: Clean eating is the way to a healthy body! Not depriving yourself of food!
FYML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:22 PM   #382  

Default Profile

First name: Ariel

Geographical location: Rockford, Illinois, USA

Marital Status: Unmarried, but in a relationship

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: Fish

Hobbies/Interests: Running/walking, Movies and netlfix, Video games and board games

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: sometime this April

Starting Weight: 212.5

Present Weight: 170.5

Goal Weight: 158

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Weightloss isn't bad. Keeping that weight off is my greatest struggle. I feel comfortable when I'm focusing on weightloss and dieting. I feel like I'm in control. When I stop dieting because I'm happy with my weight/body, then the real struggle begins! I know I am going to HAVE to make eating healthy and exercising a part of my everyday life in order to manage my weight!

Following any specific plan: Eat healthier foods, stay within my calories, exercise regularly.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am taking things slower. I have less to lose this time, so I don't feel so rushed. I have plenty of time to lose the weight that I need to!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Two years ago, I went on a diet and lost about 135 lbs. Then, I gained back about 50 lbs. This time, I'm determined to keep it all off. Previously in my life, I have lost weight as well. The first time was when I was 17 and still in high school. I lost about 70 lbs. My weight has always been up and down because I just really love eating. When I'm not dieting, I can't control my eating. This time, my big focus is not just keeping the weight off, but also I really want to learn how to control my eating for the rest of my life. I hate the feeling of losing control.

Another interesting thing: when I was losing the 135 lbs, I never once had a cheat day or cheat meal. Not once. Not one little piece of chocolate. Not one french fry. Nothin'. I dieted for about 8 months to lose it all. So, people who say you "need" cheat days are wrong. If you are determined enough, all you need is your own will power and that little voice in the back of your head telling you "don't give up".
abrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:14 AM   #383  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

First name:Caireen

Geographical location:Scotland, UK

Children/Ages: NONE

Pets:Dog Called Zoe

Hobbies/Interests: Scottish Pipe Band Drummer, Love music, Love to travel

Height:5ft, 6

Eye/Hair Color:Green eyes, Brown Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:13th January 2016

Starting Weight:323lbs

Present Weight:301lbs

Goal Weight:165lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:EXERCISE!! I do it in waves, sometimes I have all the motivation for it, sometimes I want to curl up on the couch

Following any specific plan:My Fitness Pall, 1450 calories daily with 5,000 steps daily

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I am more educated on food, portions and know more about my own body.

Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:18 AM   #384  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Height: 5'11

First name: Constance

Geographical location: California, USA

Marital Status: Single and not ready to mingle

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 3 dogs, two cats and a lot of fish

Hobbies/Interests: reading,photography, film editing,movies

Height: 5'11

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, Dirty Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: The day I was brought fourth into the world

Starting Weight: 280

Present Weight: 260

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Motivation to drag myself to the gym

Following any specific plan: Survival plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time if I don't get down to my goal weight I can't get the career I want.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have played 5 sports my entire life and yet still no weight loss -_- and I am a foodie...which doesn't help.
Rockincon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:32 PM   #385  

S/C/G: ?/?/138

Default Ready to BURN BURN BURN!

First name: Kelly

Geographical location: USA

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: Three cats (Rhino, Flitter, and Trifle)

Hobbies/Interests: cartoons, wine tasting, fire pits, writing, voice acting, meditation, dreams

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, Honey-colored hair with highlights

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9/7/2016

Starting Weight:

Present Weight: still need to weigh myself

Goal Weight: 138

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Need to burn this belly fat! I enjoy naughty foods, so trying to avoid those!

Following any specific plan: Working out at least 30 mins a day, avoid late night eating and sweets

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not out of shape, but I need to do more strength training

Anything else you would like to share with us: I make some pretty stellar guacamole .
narwhal_hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:51 PM   #386  

First name: Anna

Geographical location: Johnson City, TN

Pets: One black and white kitten named Gobi

Hobbies/Interests: Cosmetology, Social Issues, Cooking, Animals, Volunteer Work, Astronomy, Music, Road Trips

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Strawberry Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 2016

Starting Weight: 228

Present Weight: 228

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: The fear of failing yet again. Giving up after a lot of progress, because of one bad week.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting using MyFitnessPal and fitness apps

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I am married already, but we haven't had our big celebration with family yet and I really want to look my best. Also I've had enough of gaining and regaining weight, I'm sick of it. I really want to do this for my life and for my future children and for my husband. And for me. I finally want to make myself happy. I know I'm missing out on a happy life.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really want to connect with the people on this website. It's important that I have a support network, where I can also give support.

Add me as a friend or message me anytime!!
annaloverlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:27 AM   #387  

First name: Martina

Geographical location: Czech Republic

Marital Status: in a relationship

Children/Ages: /

Pets: Border terrier Buddy

Hobbies/Interests: Sewing, learning, dancing, bellydance, larp, psychology, philosophy, history, language, mysticism, music

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Grey-blue-green, dark blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3rd september 2016

Starting Weight: 180

Present Weight: 176

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not forgetting to eat and buy food (so I don't go wild once I do get to some)

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting + meal plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Better planning, more knowledge, support system, determination

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hi! I absolutely love the community here, such nice people
Ameline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:11 AM   #388  

S/C/G: 165

Height: 5'8"

Talking Shelby, losing for the Army!

First name: Shelby

Geographical location: Idaho

Children/Ages: Nope

Pets: I wish!

Hobbies/Interests: gardening, writing

Height: 5 foot 8 inches

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: September 16th

Starting Weight:170

Present Weight:165

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: My husband not being on board

Following any specific plan: Mostly just keeping a food journal

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: The food journal, rather than just winging a plan and then failing.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am really tired of practically killing myself in order to meet height/weight for the Army weigh-ins. I want to end that stress once and for all!
Skork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:58 AM   #389  

S/C/G: 220/160

Height: 5'8

First name: Caroline

Geographical location: Montreal, Canada

Children/Ages: Oh dear, no.

Pets: Two cats, Fantine and Cosette

Hobbies/Interests: I harbour an unhealthy, unreasonable, devastating love for One Direction. I love writing and sometimes I dabble in arts and crafts like cross stitch and knitting.

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I'm not sure, yet. At first I thought next week, but with the holidays right around the corner, I feel like I'd be setting myself up for failure. It's most likely to be January 1st, after the turkeypocalypse that December will be.

Starting Weight: eh last time I weighed myself I was at 219, roughly a week ago

Present Weight: 219

Goal Weight: 160, literally the lightest I'll have ever been since I hit puberty

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Exercising. I haven't found anything yet that I like, except perhaps the yoga I try to do daily with YouTube videos, but eh. I'm not sure it counts.

Following any specific plan: I'm considering Atkins. I used My Fitness Pal over the summer, but that didn't work too well for me. I need more rules. Also, if I eat any more carbs I'll turn into a baguette.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think having found this community will help me. I'll feel less alone. Also, I want to look banging at my best friend's wedding next summer, I'm maid of honour. Also, just, like... an overall weariness about not liking myself. I want to do this for me. I think this time it's grounded in a true desire to change rather than plain old self-hatred. Oh and I live on my own, now, so I control my food rather than having to eat whatever my mom cooked.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm hella gay
spunthestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:11 AM   #390  

S/C/G: 96/ticker/65

Height: 160cm

First name: Samantha

Geographical location: Australia

Occupation: University student, studying to be high school English/history teacher

Pets: A cat named Misty, who is a handful, but I love her anyway She's a tabby who is about 3 years old

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, gaming, baking

Height: About 160cm

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I think it was early October 2016 when I started doing it "for real"

Starting Weight: 96kg

Present Weight: 84kg

Goal Weight: 63kg

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional eating/sweet tooth

Following any specific plan: Currently Jenny Craig, but after quitting once my trial membership is over I plan to just try to stick to "everything in moderation" as much as possible, plus sticking with at least 3x scheduled exercise each week

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I have no clue but for some reason I seem to be binge eating less O.O It's like something "clicked" and I feel like I can do this

Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking forward to becoming active in this community!
HanneCat is offline   Reply With Quote