First name: Abigail

Geographical location: Massachusetts

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: hiking with friends, reading, drawing, jogging

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown and dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: sometime around 2010? I've been off and on since high school

Starting Weight: 182

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 130 - since I'm short with small bone structure I may like to be even smaller than this, but this is where I would like to start

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: insecurity and being a perfectionist. when I get off plan, I tend to go REALLY off plan. I need to find more moderation, and not have a bad mindset about food

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers. Just doing it at home for free with tools I have found online. I'm also slowly transitioning to being vegetarian/mostly vegan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Finding moderation so I don't completely fall off the wagon. And changing the focus of my diet from animal products to plants, which is helping me have a better relationship with food and helping overall with my health, not just with weight loss

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm in love with Jesus. (And Harry Potter.) I love science and really bad puns, and I have the best friends I could have ever asked for. Feel free to add me as a buddy or PM me if you just want someone on here for extra support!
GordonGirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:10 AM   #332  

First name: Mary

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 1 big dog and 1 fat cat

Hobbies/Interests: piano, ballet, foreign languages, video games, archery, movies...

Height: 5'3''

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes and light brown hair

Starting Weight: 150lbs

Present Weight:150lbs

Goal Weight: 130 lbs for now!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my lack of motivation and love for eating

Following any specific plan: Canadian program called ''Mince à vie ''

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm just fed up with being overweight...
SnowFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:58 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 300/195/120

Height: 5'4"

First name: Chloe

Geographical location: Oregon, soon to be Texas!

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 1 very fluffy kitty

Hobbies/Interests: all things speech/language related, singing, reading, writing, rugby, spending time outdoors

Height: 5'4''

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown on both counts

Starting Weight: 280

Present Weight: 270

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating, impulse control

Following any specific plan: calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Working on getting past the emotional eating barrier
TreatYoSelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:37 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 286/Signature/200

Height: 5'7"

First name: Shay

Geographical location: New York, NY

Marital Status: Single (In a committed relationship: 1 yr. & 3 mo. atm)

Children/Ages: None

Pets: A 13 yr. old cat named Nibbles <3

Hobbies/Interests: Light gaming (I used to game a lot last year before I started college), reading, binge-watching shows on Netflix, watching movies with my boyfriend, blogging, and history.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: D. Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 22, 2015

Starting Weight: 286

Present Weight: 276.6

Goal Weight: 200 - This is my first big goal weight. Ultimate goal is 170.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Currently nothing. I changed my diet a month before I started and I have the willpower to exercise often. The only thing that may alter my progress is the start of Fall semester. Let's hope that doesn't happen, though :-)

Following any specific plan: No plans. Just logging my food and calorie intake into the MyFitnessPal app and cardio 3-4 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am actually doing this for the long run. I no longer want to "lose weight." I want this to be a life-long change. I won't be a slave to fad diets like the past. I will be eating regularly and more often with smaller portions.
wundertales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:42 PM   #335  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

First name: Caireen (Kay-reen)

Geographical location: West Coast of Scotland

Marital Status: SINGLE!!

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Dog called Zoe

Hobbies/Interests: Travel/Travel/Travel/ Music :P

Height:5ft6 or 167cm

Eye/Hair Color: Green Eyes and Brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: FOREVER.... But mostly since 29th June 2015

Starting Weight: 319?

Present Weight: 308

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I Must get under 280... It haunts me....

Following any specific plan: Healthy eating/ Calorie Counting/ regular but short bouts of exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am older, and closer to hitting that big 30 and still morbidly huge. I have a better feeling about this time.... I am ready... it is all about changing my life now.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really need to community support this time from people aho actually understand.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:54 AM   #336  

S/C/G: 168/155/127

Height: 5'6"

First name: Kathryn

Geographical location: Virginia

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: reading, following politics, running, kayaking

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 2014

Starting Weight: 153 (lost down to 139 then gained back up to 168)

Present Weight: 155

Goal Weight: 127

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stopping myself from bingeing on junk food

Following any specific plan: Ideal Protein, South Beach

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Last time I was able to stick to IP easily, but this time it's been a huge mental battle

Anything else you would like to share with us: Trying to figure out a balance for exercise and diet. My least favorite thing about IP is how lethargic I feel some days and not being able to exercise, which is why I'm trying to switch to South Beach
kgbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:26 PM   #337  

S/C/G: 235/235/135

Height: 5'5"

First name: Erin

Geographical location: the coast of South Carolina, USA

Marital status: Single

Pets: My lovely diva rabbit Flopsy (certainly explains my user name!)

Hobbies/Interests: Playing/watching just about all sports, Reading, Watching TV, Hanging out with friends, playing video games and board games, and watching some anime.

Height 5'5"

Eye/Hair color: Brown/Blonde

Starting date of weight loss journey: July 17th 2015 I guess!

Starting weight: 235.6

Present weight: 235.6

Goal weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Stress eating

Following any specific plan: Not really, just calorie counting, healthier eating choices, and consistent exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I actually like myself and my body, so I'm in a much better place mentally than before.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm pescatarian, I love animals, and I love making new friends!
Flopsybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 04:49 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 178/172/100

Height: 4'11

First name: Elena

Marital Status: Engaged

Occupation: Tim Horton's Storefront (overnights, which absolutely wreaks havoc on my metabolism)/ Wedding Invitation Designer (I own my own business)

Pets: One dog, golden retriever, four years old, his name is Cooper. He's far too happy all the time.

Hobbies/Interests: graphic design, photography, Running (when I'm into it), writing, reading, cooking

Height: 4'11

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes/ right now my hair is reddish dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 15th 2015 (very recent)

Starting Weight: 168.5

Present Weight: 165.5

Goal Weight: 120's/115 (i felt most comfortable when I was hovering around 117) but right now I'd really just like to get out of the 160's

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Medications, my work schedule, working out (because I've never been athletic)

Following any specific plan: Beck Diet for Life, once I've mastered the CBT Diet skills I'm going to follow either weight watchers or Tone It Up (I haven't decided yet). But right now I feel like I don't have the skills to follow any diet plan because, well I clearly haven't been able to for a while now.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never tried anything with CBT diet skills before and I've always responded really well to Cognitive Behavioural Therapies in the past so I feel as though this may be a turning point in the way I think about food. Also I'm getting married and I really do not want to look the way I look right now in my wedding dress, I want to be in the best shape of my life for my wedding.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I also have generalized anxiety disorder and Bipolar II so life can definitely get the best of me sometimes

Last edited by howyoulose; 07-17-2015 at 04:49 PM.
howyoulose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 04:57 PM   #339  

First name: Taryn

Geographical location: North Dakota

Marital Status: Single <3

Children/Ages: Harley age 3

Pets: 2 betta fish, Sushi and Bender

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, Motors & Automotive, Makeup, Cooking

Eye/Hair Color: Green/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7/19/15

Starting Weight: 243

Present Weight: 243

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Boredom eating, junk food, getting off my ***

Following any specific plan: Just eating healthy....cooking more, going out less, lots of fresh ingredients & Daily burn, along with "park" workouts that I can do while my daughter plays

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm joining this website, something to hold me accountable.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
CountryGirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:26 AM   #340  

Default Hi, I'm Liz and I need your help.

First name: Liz

Geographical location: Gumboro, Delaware

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: a Labradoodle named Ginger and a yellow cat named Cinderella or Cinder for short.

Hobbies/Interests: Scrapbooking, painting, playing with my two youngest siblings, writing my novel that I will never finish...

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: hazel eyes, changing hair color- usually a red or brown of some sort

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: this time around, or the first time? Today, 7/21/15

Starting Weight: 244lbs

Present Weight: 244lbs

Goal Weight: 160lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My clinical depression, my pessimistic attitude, my binge eating, my focus.

Following any specific plan: I have tried them all then lost interest, so now I don't even know where to start

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This community. I've never had a support system I could talk openly and honestly to. My family and boyfriend have not been supportive, just insulting everytime I have tried in the past.

Anything else you would like to share with us: In high school I was trim and beautiful, I just didn't see it. I was 150-165, but the way I was built made me look smaller in the waste and fuller where guys wanted it. All I saw was a number though, so I always thought I was fat. In college I became very seriously depressed, and it went untreated for over a year. During that time I put on nearly 100lbs due to my lack of exercise and very poor eating habits, not to mention my crutch of emotional eating. It has been two years now since I started treating my depression, but my eating habits and lifestyle choices still haven't changed very much. NOW I AM TIRED OF IT. MY BOYFRIEND OF 6 YEARS CHEATED ON ME WITH A COWORKER OF HIS BECAUSE HE SAYS SHE REMINDED HIM OD=F HOW I USED TO BE. I WANT TO SHOW HIM JUST HOW BIG OF A MISTAKE THAT WAS.
Lizzy0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:37 AM   #341  

First name: Laura

Geographical location: Denver, CO

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Not yet.

Pets: 1 cat, 1 dog

Hobbies/Interests: Baseball, video games, early childhood education, psychology, being weird, and kittens!

Height: 5"2

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: First segment started 2012-2014. I lost about 50lbs. Then I took a year off because it was my first year of marriage and I got too comfortable haha. I gained about half back, and now here we are for leg two!

Starting Weight: 235lbs

Present Weight: 180-200lbs (my scale is broken atm)

Goal Weight: 150lb and I'll play it by ear from there.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stupid freakin' exercise. It's all stupid, and boring. And then you're sore and wish you had stayed home playing video games.

Following any specific plan: Low calorie.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In about a year my husband will be graduating and we will probably have to move to a new town, and we will start the next chapter of our lives. I'd like to start it as fit as possible.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really good at responding to internet messages, so if you're looking for some fast support I'm not a bad option to try.
Laurora Borealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 01:42 PM   #342  

S/C/G: 290/290/140

First name: Liz

Pets: Two beagles

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, cooking, dancing, napping

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark green/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 20, 2015

Starting Weight: 290

Present Weight: 290

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Snacking in the night! And exercising every day.

Following any specific plan: No specific plan. Trying to balance my nutrition and keep my movement up.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm in the danger zone for developing diabetes.

MercuryStardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 01:30 AM   #343  

First name: Heidi

Geographical location: San Francisco/Bay Area

Pets: 1 Dog named Kyra

Hobbies/Interests: Hiking/Camping, dancing, drawing, acting, video games

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Dirty Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 28th 2015

Starting Weight: 202

Present Weight: 202

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My addiction to sweets/my stress as a student that leads to binge eating

Following any specific plan: No, just trying to keep portions small, calories in mind and cleaner eating +working out

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: first time I've ever been overweight

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am really excited to meet people who are working towards the same things as me.

Last edited by heidid; 08-02-2015 at 01:30 AM.
heidid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:10 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

First name: Kristen

Geographical location: Wisconsin

Marital Status: Longtime significant other / boyfriend / partner

Children/Ages:0

Pets:4; 3 cats and 1 dog

Hobbies/Interests: Being outdoors, reading, used to be cooking and wine, less so on the current diet!!

Eye/Hair Color: Blue / Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Birth?? Started current VLCD on 7/28.

Starting Weight: 212

Present Weight: 202

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Lack of impulse control and large role of food and drink in my social life

Following any specific plan: a Very Low Calorie Diet through physician, order my food from Nashua, "Weight Loss Systems"

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Being on such a controlled plan, and with someone watching on, is a huge change from anything I have done in the past!

Old 08-05-2015, 10:19 AM   #345  

S/C/G: 282/282/150

Height: 5'4

First name:Kym

Geographical location: Connecticut, USA

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages:None

Pets:1 Cat Queenie

Hobbies/Interests:Reading, Writing, Dancing

Height:5'4

Eye/Hair Color:Black-Brown/ Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:8/3/15

Starting Weight:282

Present Weight:282

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating. Not putting off workouts.

Following any specific plan:60% Raw/Low carb/Lean protein

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I'm much more motivated. Don't want to put it off or it'll just get more difficult as I age.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hello all!