Fos

S/C/G: 280/199/150

Height: 5'7

First name: Steph, but most people call me Fos

Geographical location: Pennsylvania

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Gold lab named Pippin

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, reading, crafts, and sci-fi, fantasy, and true crime shows. I have an interest in everything--my curiosity has no boundaries!

Eye/Hair Color: Green-gray/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: It's been years now of starts and fails, but I recommitted 9/1/14.

Starting Weight: 316 years ago, 280 now.

Present Weight: 276

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional eating.

Following any specific plan: Nope, just low calorie, low carb, lots of water, and daily exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm ready and determined (more "THIS IS HAPPENING" than "I'll just...try and see") . Plus, support. I never told anyone when I was trying to lose weight before, so now it's not just support but accountability.
Fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #287  
Struggling

First name: Urooj

Geographical location: UK (Birmingham)

Pets: 2 goldfish

Hobbies/Interests: Travelling, cooking , reading about weight loss and beauty blogs

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Black eyes/Black hair

Starting Date of Weight-loss Journey: A week ago

Starting Weight: 198

Present Weight: 198

Goal Weight: 143

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Giving up weight loss journey

Following any specific plan: Gym and Strict Diet (calorie counter and keeping eye at what I eat)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am being far more determined and promised myself to never give up again.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really want to get in shape and lose weight as soon as possible.
Urooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 187 / 176 / 130

Height: 5'5"

First name: Zoe

Geographical location: Los Angeles, CA

Pets: none at the moment, but thinking of adopting a kitten

Hobbies/Interests: I love traveling, dancing, watching movies and singing. Love love love love swimming and hope to feel comfortable in a swimsuit soon.

Eye/Hair Color: Blu/green eyes, light blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 09/09/14

Starting Weight: 183

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 132

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: frustration, impatience, yo-yo dieting

Following any specific plan: southbeach, but not really

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think i've finally accepted that i can't shed 50lbs in just a couple of months. I've always been able to shed a consistent amount of pounds quicky, but only to regain the whole thing after a few weeks. This time i think i've accepted the idea that it'll take time, and patience.

Anything else you would like to share with us: i've alway felt like the "fat one" in the group and i'm not completely sure i can lose all the weight that i would like to - because it'd mean becoming a different persone, in a way. I feel silly saying it but i think it's one of the biggest hurdles i'll have to face in my weightloss journey.
redkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #289  
Houda

S/C/G: 75Kg/please see thicker/60Kg

Height: 158cm

First name: Houda

Geographical location: Morocco

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: nothing really

Height: 158cm

Eye/Hair Color: brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 04/09/2014

Starting Weight: 75kg

Present Weight: 72.5

Goal Weight: around 60

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: comfort fooood!!!

Following any specific plan: counting calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i'm thinking of it as a new life style not as a diet
fcoad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:30 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 175/167/150

Height: 5'8''

First name: Just call me Shell

Geographical location: Toronto

Marital Status: single gal

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: A cat that's not really mine

Hobbies/Interests: I write, play a bit of music (badly), sing some, dance (inexpertly)

Height: 5'8''

Eye/Hair Color:

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Why don't we say Sept 1.

Starting Weight: probably over 175

Present Weight: 171. like really?

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: CHIIIIIIPS. I'm an eater. An emotional eater, unemotional eater, celebratory eater, consolatory eater. And when the cravings get bad enough, I smoke like a chimney, which is no bueno either.

Following any specific plan: Dukan diet, personal training program

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, I'm older and wiser, and it's on my own terms. It wasn't because my mom politely suggested I give it a shot. It wasn't to fit into any sort of dress for any silly milestone. It's because it's something I want, something I deserve, and something I believe I can do.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I feel like I should be pooping more.
Too much? YOU ASKED!
ShellCottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:02 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 145/145/125

Height: 5'4"

First name: Brit

Geographical location: SE Asia

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: I'm active and comfortable in the outdoors. Dabble in most sport (swim, run, cycle, rock climb, kayak, sail, martial arts etc.) but never really committing to one. Someone once identified me as an incorrigible sport-flirt which, unfortunately, isn't too far off the mark. Other non-sport related interests include travel (I pop out of the country as frequently as I can) and languages (still chasing the polyglot dream!).

Height: 5'4.5" (164cm)

Eye/Hair Color: Brown / Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I've always been overweight. It's an eternal battle which I often surrender to and call it quits on before realising I can't.

Starting Weight: 145lbs / 66kg

Present Weight: 145lbs / 66kg

Goal Weight: 121lbs / 55kg

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Determination and Motivation, or rather, the lack thereof which results in inconsistent effort. I've been through multiple bouts of clean eating and regular exercise that all lapse eventually. Hard to articulate why or how.

Following any specific plan: Nope. Just eating regular meals and trying to run regularly. Keyword being trying to.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Commitment and tangible sport-related Goals to shoot towards will hopefully keep me on track

Anything else you would like to share with us:
For anyone interested to see the different height/weight proportion standards used for Asians, feel free to google "Singapore height and weight chart" and refer to the pdfs by the Ministry of Education. It seems I'm not allowed to link it here.
MisAzn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:56 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 282/SeeTicker/160

First name: AmyLynne

Geographical location: Bowling Green, KY

Children/Ages: Hopefully someday but definitely not now!

Pets: I REALLY want a dog!

Hobbies/Interests: photography, hand lettering, reading, watching House and Criminal Minds, spending time with friends

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue and blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11/2012... but really, now!

Starting Weight: 282

Present Weight: 280

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Controlling my eating

Following any specific plan: Just trying to count calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am seeking out support from 3FC!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I started losing weight in November of 2012 and lost about 30 pounds but put back most of it. I am trying to lose the weight for good now!
amylynnehicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:44 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 245/241.2/170

Height: 5'5

First name: Divina

Geographical location: San Jose, California

Occupation: Student at San Jose State University, also a Student Assistant there

Pets: None, I want a cat though...

Hobbies/Interests: Drawing, reading, being lazy...lol.

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Summer 2012

Starting Weight: 245

Present Weight: 196.6

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have a problem with plateauing and yo-yoing. Also holidays are a problem...the food is so good during those times...

Following any specific plan: I'm doing Weight Watchers.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want it more and my will power has gone up.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Usually once a week I eat a meal with friends where I eat what I want, within reason of course....most of the time.
DivineDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:25 AM   #294  

First name: J

Geographical location: Australia

Marital Status: Long term relationship

Children/Ages: nil

Pets: 2 horses, 1 dog.

Hobbies/Interests: Studying!

Height: 180cm

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, (dyed) brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today!

Starting Weight: 115kgs

Present Weight: 115kgs

Goal Weight: 80kgs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Saying no to chocolate.. also physical pain.

Following any specific plan: Eating healthy and for my body type.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am making it public, so I am hoping I will commit better!

Anything else you would like to share with us: This isn't a diet for me .. it's a lifestyle change. I am hoping to make some friends that can help support eachother
GreenFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:05 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 173/173/130

First name: Coco

Geographical location: Spain via England

Marital Status: LTR with the boy!

Children/Ages:None

Pets: None :-(

Hobbies/Interests: History, Film, Reading, Writing

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Auburn

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 20/10/14

Starting Weight: 173 pounds

Present Weight: 173 pounds

Goal Weight: 130 pounds

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: motivation to keep going

Following any specific plan: At the moment I think I will try and keep up a mixed exercise regime, remove particular things from my diet (sugar, alcohol, white flour).

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Its an issue now my mental health and and my physical health and it gets harder to lose weight with each year, so I want to get on it now!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really can't think of anything lol, um...I'm writing this as I watch Reign, started it yesterday which is a bit weird for me as I am a bit of a historical nit picker and this is nothing like history...so pinch of salt and now I see it as quite fun!
bluebellrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 165/165/120-125

Height: 5'2

First name : brandi
Marital status: 6 years together ( fingers crossed for a ring hehe)
Children: 9 year old daughter and 6 year old son
Pets: 1 cat, 1 dog , 2 snakes , 8 chickens 2 ducks
Hobbies: hunting ,fishing , farming also movies and tv
Height:5'2
Eye/hair: blue/ brown red
Starting : 10 /27/2014
Starting/current weight: 165
Goal weight: 120
Biggest hurdle in weight loss: over thinking and getting frustrated then giving up
Plans: portion control and elliptical
The difference between now and past times trying to lose weight: I have a goal or a specfic reason why I want to lose weight (summer trip and having to wear a swim suit around a lot of people)
countrymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:20 PM   #297  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

First name: Allison

Geographical location: Pennsylvania (or Pennsylvanis, like I said in my intro post. WTG fat fingers!)

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 2, Boy child will be 2 in only 16 days() and girl child will be 9 months old in 6 days.

Occupation: SAHM, Origami Owl Designer and I have an etsy shop selling cloth products (napkins, handkerchiefs, cloth wipes, 'paper' towels, Brand name dust and wet mop heads and gift bags).

Pets: 2 cats, Ulysses and Poppy and the boy child has 2 guinea pigs, Margot-Matilda and Bacon

Hobbies/Interests: Gardening, Knitting, Reading, Horseback riding (which, I will get back into once I'm not fat!), Zumba

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/dark auburn

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
originally 2002-2003, my mother took me to LA Weight Loss as a surprise. Since then I've lost significantly and gained significantly. I can tell that my hubby doesn't quite believe that I used to be a size 6, but he's only ever known me as at least a 16!
I recommitted to my journey this week, 10/27/14

Starting Weight: 281.2

Present Weight: 281.2

Goal Weight: ideally 140, I dream of 130 but I'd probably be happy at 150.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Right now it's DH having gone back to school. It needed to be done, and it's all online, but since he can't watch the kids at the same time, it's very difficult for me to get out and go to Zumba, which sucks. If I'm VERY lucky, I get to go twice a MONTH.
Then, come 2016, we're probably going to try for baby number 3, so I am sure that will be a big hurdle for me.

Following any specific plan: LAWL, or at least, a version I have piecemealed together. Once I get closer to goal, or if I get a PT and can start lifting weights I will probably switch to a primal diet.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I have 2 little ones who are looking up to me for how to live their lives. Not only that, but they want me to play with them, and it's heartbreaking to tell my son he needs to play by himself because "If mommy goes down that slide, they'll be calling the fire department to come get her out"! I try to be funny about it, but it bother me to no end that one day I could be that 'fat mom' at the school run. I don't want that to be me. Because of this I like to think I am so much more motivated, but since this is only day 3, time will tell on that score. I know what I need to do for myself and my family, it's just the doing it that is hard for me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: My big dream is to have a small farm we all work as a family. In the meantime I grow veggies and my goal for 2015 is to harvest 500 pounds of veg.
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #298  
Stiff Yoga Pretzel

S/C/G: 218/ticker/145

Height: 5' 9"

First name: Erica

Geographical location: Suwanee, Georgia

Marital Status: Married

Occupation: Unemployed, looking for work. Finishing up last semester of college (two more months before graduation in December '14!).

Pets: A green cheek conure named Justine, a white pied cockatiel named Natalie, and a Beta fish named Demetrius

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, knitting, Choir, violin, Anime/Manga, Cosplay/Costumes, Japanese (language).

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: Brunette/Red Highlights // Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sometime around 10th grade...15-ish

Starting Weight: 218 lbs

Present Weight: 176 lbs

Goal Weight: 145 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Outside influences like stress and toxic relationships. Overcoming eating for the love of food and not for substance. Plethora of sweet, salty, and greasy food in the kitchen 24/7 (brought in by my grandmother and parents).

Following any specific plan: Trying my best to cook with fresh/frozen foods and avoid canned/boxed/packaged foods.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Before I had a lot of success on my own with eating healthy/clean and exercising. I got all the way down to 140 lbs! All of that was when I was living away from my family and outside of their influence. I came home so to speak (moved back into my home town) and went back up to 195! I moved out of town again and dropped 20 lbs. Now, my husband and I are forced to live with my parents and grandmother because of tuition costs (we're both in college and somehow never qualify for need based aid so we pay cash as we go) and because of my unemployment. With so many hurdles in cooking/buying healthy foods and avoiding eating family meals without hurting feelings I came here for some support.

Anything else you would like to share with us: This is something I've worked on for my health. My family has a history of cancer, high blood pressure, COPD, diabetes and obesity. I want to break the cycle before I have children!
MrUki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:46 AM   #299  
Miss Motivated

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'5

First name:*Arianna

Geographical location:*Katy, Texas

Marital Status:*Single

Children/Ages:*3 year old beautiful son

Pets:*None

Hobbies/Interests: Art, Tattoos, going out. Movies.

Height:*5'4"

Eye/Hair Color:*Brown and more brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This Journey. Today. 11/07/2014

Starting Weight:*170

Present Weight:*170

Goal Weight:*145 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Stress eating.

Following any specific plan:*Trying my best to cook with fresh/frozen foods and avoid canned/boxed/packaged foods. EAT LESS. That's definitely on the plan.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:*I've gotten to the point where nothing fits and I do not have the financial means to buy anything so, I gotta lose weight to wear clothes!

Anything else you would like to share with ushis is the way I was able to lose 60 lbs after my son was born. The women on this forum really helped me stay dedicated to my body and I fell off once I hit my goal weight. I won't let that happen again.
Ariannag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:39 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 182/146/132

Height: 5'7"

First name: Mateja

Geographical location: Slovenia, Europe

Children/Ages: //

Pets: //

Hobbies/Interests: Reading sociology and psychology books, tv shows, traveling, art, coffee (!)

Height: 5' 7''

Eye/Hair Color: brown / brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2 years ago

Starting Weight: 182

Present Weight:154

Goal Weight: 132

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Milka (chocolate) and eating too much too late.

Following any specific plan: Yes. I'm sticking to this sign here >. I eat the most for breakfast and very light for dinner (only vegetable, if I'm really hungry I add protein, If I'm not hungry at all I skip it).

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Actually this is the lightest I've been so far. I want to continue and get more fit.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
mtea is offline   Reply With Quote