Pets:none

Hobbies/Interests:

Height:5'9

Eye/Hair Color:brown/ brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:4/8/2013

Starting Weight:250

Present Weight:250

Goal Weight:180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:stoping myself from eating sweets :/

Following any specific plan:counting calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I am exercising more regularly

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hope this time will be the good one! Good luck to everyone !
  • First name: Andrea

Geographical location: Wisconsin

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, camping, traveling, spending time with my friends

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: Brownish

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time? As soon as my Medifast food is delivered, 4/15-4/17

Starting Weight: 175-180 depending on the day/time

Present Weight: 175-180 depending on day/time

Goal Weight: 125, for now

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating when I'm not hungry, food choices, portion control, sticking with it.

Following any specific plan: Medifast

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Determination. I'm at an all time high, and I feel really low about myself. Also I'm trying to get more support this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: So far this seems like a great place to come for support, I hope I make it this time!
  • First name: Carmen

Geographical location: Southeast (FL/GA LINE!)

Age: 29- this is the group for me for a few more months!!

Marital Status: married 12 years!

Children/Ages: 3 boys/9, 8, & 6

Pets: Dog-Blue Elvis (blue-tick hound)/ 2 yr old quarter horse-Ally

Hobbies/Interests: reading, coaching little league baseball, swimming, beach days, Cub Scouts, riding bikes.

Height: 5 foot.....

Eye/Hair Color: DARK brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2/28/13

Starting Weight: 189

Present Weight: 170.5

Goal Weight: 139

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: family meals! hard to eat separately. no specific hunger drive fro me! slow metabolism due to skipping meals

Following any specific plan: Metabolic Research Center 17 week Meta-slim

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: asked for help!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Trying to warm up to RUNNING! But so far RUNNING SUCKS! LOLOLOL
  • First name: Maddie

Geographical location: Utah

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Doggie

Hobbies/Interests: Singing, Reading, Hanging out with friends

Height: 5' 5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue(green), Brownish Red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4.11.12

Starting Weight: 251.8

Present Weight: 248.3

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation

Following any specific plan: Exercise&Diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have no choice but to lose the weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Any tips would be amazing! I am also a fantastic listener, so if you ever need to talk, PM me

Geographical location: Houston, TX

Marital Status: Living with boyfriend

Children/Ages: No kids

Pets: 2 dogs! Remi, my absolute lovie buggie pit bull mix rescue. She's about 1.5 years old. And Cuda, our big loveable dopey Rhodesian Ridgeback, is 3.

Hobbies/Interests: I love being outdoors. Hiking, boating, kayaking, fishing, horseback riding, jogging, and sports. I don't do all these things a lot, mind you, but I love them when I can do them! I also enjoy reading, turning old T shirts into 80's looking workout shirts. I love taking my dogs out and about, enjoying a drink every now and then, and chatting with my girl friends.

Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown eyes, naturally dark blond hair but I like to dye it dark brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 2008.

Starting Weight: 200 lbs

Present Weight: 164 (a few have crept back on!).

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating, definitely. I had a TERRIBLE relationship with food. I have overcome a lot in my snacking, portion control, and nutrition habits. I still struggle with occasional snacking problems and chocolate cravings. I just love to eat!

Following any specific plan: Nothing specific, but I am focusing on veggies, certain fruits (mostly berries, 1 banana & 1 apple a day), and lean protein. I have carbs in the form of breads, etc, as little as possible while still ensuring I get a few a day. Workouts are 4-5 times a week. I alternate weeks between strength training and cardio. I don't do cardio every day due to getting slight shin splints, hurt knees, etc, when I do a lot of it. I don't strength train every week because I am STARVING when I strength train, and I have a hard time not eating everything in sight just because I am so hungry!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have less to go, so I am having a really hard time pushing myself to the point where I need to be to get results. In the past, giving up alcohol, most snacking, and bad foods was enough. Now, I have to let myself be a little hungry, absolutely no extra snacking, and the heat makes margaritas sound SO tempting! I have NO leeway if I want to get down another 10-15 lbs, and that is super hard.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm just happy to have people to vent to who GET IT!
  • First name: April

Geographical location: new york

Children/Ages: Max- 7 weeks

Pets: dill - toy poodle mix

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/auburn

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4/1613

Starting Weight:184

Present Weight:184

Goal Weight:144

Following any specific plan: calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: dont want to become so obsessive, want to do this in a more healthy way

Anything else you would like to share with us:
    I lost 100 pounds a few years ago with the help of this site. My weight started to creep up when I was in a relationship. I just had a baby 7 weeks ago and also just broke up with my fiance. Seemed like a good time to start new
  • First name: Janay

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: Boyfriend

Children/Ages: No kids

Pets: Yorkie

Hobbies/Interests: Music Dancing and Gaming... Reading

Height:5'8

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/ Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 04/16/2013

Starting Weight:175

Present Weight:175

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Bad foods and I am a bit of a wino

Following any specific plan: eat clean and drink plenty of water... maybe have a cheat meal on the weekdays.. if I do the cheat meal on the weekend I stray for the rest of the weekend

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: A reason and desire to put my best me forward and career choice includes being a top notch chick

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am a big gamer I have an xbox i play computer games too ;-0
  • First name: Kathrin

Geographical location: New York

Marital Status: Happily Married

Occupation: For now stay at home wife (lol!) but I'm going to try to get into air controlling preferably with Lufthansa

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion, football, nutrition, languages, traveling, fitness

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Technically April 2011 but let myself go (went from 160 lbs to 126 lbs then back up to 150 lbs). New start on January 15th, 2013.

Starting Weight: 150.4 lbs

Present Weight: 139.8 lbs

Goal Weight: 120 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: PMDD food cravings, bingeing and emotional eating. I can eat TONS of junk food when I PMS and I mean - I can eat so much you wouldn't believe it. Place a whole cake, chocolate, donuts, ice cream and pudding in front of me and I'll eat it all. When I'm upset, I tend to wanna eat junk. When I'm super happy, I tend to wanna eat junk. It's horrible! Once I start I can't stop and the word "moderation" doesn't mean anything to me.

Following any specific plan: Just trying to be overall healthy which also means that I have sweets every once in a while. I eat a lot of veggies, fruits and whole-grains. I've been going vegetarian for about 3 months now and I'm really enjoying it. Also, I've never been a fan of sodas or processed foods, I have never smoked and I don't drink. Oh, and - I don't eat any carbs for dinner. As far as exercising goes, I go to the gym whenever my body and mind feels like it which is usually about 4 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Trying not to limit myself. It's all about moderation!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Summer will be here soon girls, we can do this!
  • First name: Tammi

Geographical location: DMV

Marital Status: In a Relationship

Pets: 1 shih tzu

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Watching tv, Movies, music

Height:5'1

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4/1/2013

Starting Weight: 147

Present Weight: 144

Goal Weight: 115-120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation, boredom/emotional eating

Following any specific plan:

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Previously lost weight for special occasions or for summer only but tired of up and down weight and not feeling in control of weight/motivated. This time I want to focus on being healthy and fit year round and make it a lasting habit.

Anything else you would like to share with us:First post and excited to have some unbiased support from other women

Geographical location: Huntsville, AL

Marital Status:In love, but no ring yet

Children/Ages:My mom. She's 55.

Petsoes my niece count?

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, cooking/baking, crochet, and Scrabble

Height:5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:4/28/13

Starting Weight:240lb

Present Weight:240lb

Goal Weight:180lb

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have an enormous sweet tooth, and am not very good at following through with projects.

Following any specific plan: Right now I'm just working on cutting out gross processed foods

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    I am finally in a situation where I have complete control over the groceries I buy, the meals I cook, and the food I eat. I am going to take full advantage of this and instead of looking at my goal as another project I'm going to think of it as a life overhaul where I'm going to start Living and Experiencing.

Anything else you would like to share with us: My weight and eating habits have messed up my insulin. I have some kind of low-blood sugar thing that now makes me even hungrier all day and night long, and if I eat the wrong combination/amount of high-sugar foods I crash and faint ...*yay*....
  • First name: A

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: Newlywed!

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: camping, hiking, reading, dancing..adventuring!

Height: 4'11ish

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: ugh, my whole life? I'm a yoyo dieter.

Starting Weight: 145

Present Weight: 145

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have a sweet tooth, I love carbs and I don't really like exercising just to exercise.

Following any specific plan: Trying to get back into running. I used to be addicted so I know it'll come back...right?! Try to go for a walk everyday with my husband... Also eat better, and have a green smoothie every day. Cut back on junk.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Mm, I have lots of extra time at the moment!

Anything else you would like to share with us: My bmi is 28.6, i'm an apple shape, and I'm super short so I carry my weight pretty badly. I really would like a more athletic look and I'd like to not have a gut!
  • First name: Christiana

Geographical location: Newfoundland, but Memphis bound in 3+ months for school

Marital Status:
    engaged

Children/Ages:
    nope!

Occupation:Art student, going to get my beauty license in august!

Pets:
    none

Hobbies/Interests: I'm an amateur illustrator with big dreams to become an animator, I love to cook thai food and indian food, I am really into fashion blogging, I love gaming, and basically an all-around nerd!

Height: pretty sure I'm 5'7, but I could be 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown eyes, I was a platinum blonde with verrry long roots showing about a week ago, then I dyed it to the ends the closest I could get to my natural hair color. I am a medium brunette.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 25th 2013

Starting Weight: 260 lbs

Present Weight: 260 lbs

Goal Weight: 150 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Nothing big yet, but I will get there! A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Following any specific plan: I downloaded LoseIt! (a basic calorie counter, very similar to My Fitness Pal) and I will be doing a low-fat non-processed food diet, within my calorie budget. I will be hitting the gym for 30 min cardio and light weight training within my abilities, 5 days a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have decided to go through therapy and I am going to track my progress daily. I have lots of support, this time around I think I can make it. OA is very powerful for me and I believe I can make it with proper support and a good plan. So far, so good. I am drinking water with lemon and orange slices instead of sodas and processed juices.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Something I'd like to share about what I've come to understand (even though I haven't lost any major weight yet, and I've just started!) is that admitting you are unhealthy can be VERY difficult. But once you get to that realization (it took me 2 years to figure out that I had a problem with my relationship with food) don't freak out and don't think all hope is lost. You are now empowered to make changes in your life because you truly want to; not because other people force it upon you. No doctor or boyfriend/girlfriend or family member or close friend can make you lose weight/ see your problem. YOU are the only person that can make the change for yourself. But do look for support along the journey!! I'm glad to be apart of this community.

Geographical location: Roseville CA

Marital Status:

Children/Ages: 7 Destiny 6 Christian 2 1/2 Hailey

Pets: 2 teeny pups, Sophie and Little Bear

Hobbies/Interests: I love singing, dancing, cooking, the outdoors, bbq's

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/6/13

Starting Weight: 250

Present Weight: 248

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Portion Control

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting..Low Carb Low SugaR

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am excited and dedicated...I am still young I need to be healthy for my family

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really need motivation and I feel like a need a partner all the time so I think this site will be good for me, my boyfriend is a darn twig to I feel alone sometimes even though he is very supportive
  • First name: Mary

Geographical location: Indiana

Children/Ages: none!

Pets: The best dog ever!

Hobbies/Interests: I mean I love to read. HARRY POTTER<3. I love traveling, doing new things, going on adventures, and really just having fun.

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today. 5/12/2013

Starting Weight: 258

Present Weight: 258

Goal Weight: For now 180.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding support and staying motivated

Following any specific plan: I just plan on dieting and exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is honestly the lowest I've felt in a long time. I'm tired of this and I'm ready to change.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I would really love to find one specific person close to my stats to talk to regularly. If you want to be my weight loss buddy send me a message! We can get each through this together!
  • hi :)
    First name: Koi

Geographical location: Connecticut

Marital Status: My boyfriend and I have been together for almost four years now!

Administrative Coordinator for a commercial real estate and development company

Pets: one 4 1/2 month old american pit bull terrier named Braxton

Hobbies/Interests: I'm a film and photography junkie. and I like music. and anything that involves any sort of art

Height: 5'7" (almost)

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: (does birth count?) 5/14/13

Starting Weight: 218

Present Weight: 213

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My bulimia and binge eating disorder

Following any specific plan: Not really, trying a little bit of everything. Just learning about my body and improving it any way I can.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I always gave up on diets, but this time it is a lifestyle change.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hi I suck at making friends, haha.