Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 207/195/132

Height: 5'5"

First name: Cathy

Geographical location: Brisbane, Australia

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 1 cat, Flinders

Hobbies/Interests: Running, Magic, Science, Bush-walking/Hiking, Animal Rights, Travelling, Movies

Height: 5’5”

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Starting “Phase Two” today the 16th of January 2013, though I am down from 207lbs in June 2012.

Starting Weight: 207

Present Weight: 195

Goal Weight: 132

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying consistent and not giving up at the first set back.

Following any specific plan: Eating vegan, increasing vegetable intake, minimising sugar and added oil. Running three days a week, with kettlebell training at least twice a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I’m seeking support whereas I previously kept weight loss efforts a national secret.

Anything else you would like to share with us: My lowest adult weight is 171lbs and I’m looking forward to reaching and surpassing that.
Thermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #77  

First name: Alexa

Geographical location: Eastern U.S.

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: krav maga, running, yoga, cooking, playing the piano

Height: 5'8.5''

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel-Green/ Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 01/09/13

Starting Weight: 202.6

Present Weight: 195.2

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating sensible portions and balanced meals as well as not bringing in junk food. I am not a "moderation" person when it comes to junk. I am an all-or-nothing gal. I can't have a whole bag of chips in the house. I need portioned sizes, even if I do it myself.

Following any specific plan: Dr. Ian Smith's Shred Diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In the past I have tried to do it alone and have tried the "moderation" thing with bad foods. Now I am excited about following a plan that is metabolically good for me-meaning I'm eating small meals frequently and am hardly ever hungry. This diet is re-shaping the way I think about food and the way I approach structuring good meals.

Anything else you would like to share with us: My lowest weight was about 149 when I was a teenager. However, I had a HIGH percentage of body fat and so wasn't as "tight" as I'd like to be. I think about 140 pounds will be a good weight for me since I'm tall. I'm looking forward to being on a diet that doesn't include starving myself.
lex talionis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #78  

First name: Amy

Geographical location: (Cannot disclose. Husband is in the Army)

Marital Status: Married!

Children/Ages: None. :/ But want some! I had a chemical pregnancy last month, that really put things into perspective for me.

Pets: None. We're not allowed any in our apartment.

Hobbies/Interests: Baking. Horrible for losing weight but I love making desserts!

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/20/2013

Starting Weight:185-ish ( not completely sure)

Present Weight: (185)

Goal Weight: (140)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: I love baking, desserts, cookies etc. My husband loves junk food too and doesn't gain from eating it.

Following any specific plan: Just eating healthy.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to get pregnant, and we're having trouble. I'm convinced it's because of my weight. More so I want to have a healthy environment for a baby, and make healthy habits to grow a baby in.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
I'm just looking for some support, and can't wait to meet everyone!

Last edited by goldengirlamy; 01-19-2013 at 11:57 PM.
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 198/154/132

Height: 5'4"

First name: Mel

Geographical location: Australia

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: -

Occupation: shop staff in a bakery, I also work in a small cafe

Pets: 2 dogs, Rex red cloud kelpie x border collie and Kazz a jack Russell

Hobbies/Interests: gaming, music

Height: 165cm

Eye/Hair Color: eyes-blue/grey, hair changes constantly right now it's orange/red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 20th of January 2012

Starting Weight: 70kg (about 154pounds)

Present Weight:70 kg

Goal Weight:60kg (about 132)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: lack of motivation and being surrounded by yummy free food and coffee at work.

Following any specific plan: no

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: more exercise, in the past dropped 20kg through diet alone and after maintaining for 2 years want to lose a bit more combining diet and exercise
Charlotte92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #80  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

First name: Jodi

Geographical location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Marital Status: common law

Children/Ages: Nope

Pets: Kitty name Kitty

Hobbies/Interests: TV, Internet, Cooking not much else really

Eye/Hair Color: One blue, one green and blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 1st 2013

Starting Weight:297.4

Present Weight:289.3

Goal Weight:197

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
- Staying Motivated
- Finding healthy things to eat, that I like to cook, eat and will satisfy my bf!
- Exercise - Bought a cheap elliptical from Kijiji (needs a bolt before I can use it) Hoping that once that is up and running I will have less excuses!
- Not Binge eating. Since I was young, the moment someone would leave the house I would go and stuff my face with the worst things I could find. I think it was probably out of spite since my mother always (with good intentions) tried to keep me from overeating. I have always been the kind of person to do the exact opposite of what I am told...

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting with MyNetDiary!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have never really given it a solid try before. It was always because my mom was bugging me or something like that. Now its for me!

Last edited by Silverfire; 01-22-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Hit enter before finished!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #81  
Awesome member!

S/C/G: 205.4/186.8/138

Default Hi!

First name: Emma

Geographical location: Ontario

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: Spider

Hobbies/Interests: Science, make up and hair, reading, star trek

Height: 163 cm

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Dec 10, 2012

Starting Weight: 205.4

Present Weight: 198.0

Goal Weight: 138

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Being so hungry ALL THE TIME!!

Following any specific plan: Not really, no junk food, lots of veggies and fruit, work out 3x a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am doing this weight loss with my boyfriend and this time really feels different! I am focused and determined

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really am so happy I found this website. I read a lot of the posts and looked through the threads for a while before I joined. It may have taken some time but I finally joined and I am on here everyday getting support from everyone!
emmablack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #82  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

First name: Ally

Geographical location: Bethel Park, PA

Pets: A cat, a dog, 100+ fish, and 2 chickens at my parent's house

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, anime, Subeta.com

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Eyes are blue/grey. Hair is dirty blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 13, 2013

Starting Weight: 195

Present Weight: 188

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Boredom

Following any specific plan: Just eating healthy and doing cardio and weight training

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Going to a gym

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've been heavy since I was young. I'm genetically predisposed to be heavy, but I don't want to be. I've struggled with my weight for years. I've tried dieting in the past, but never got through more than a week or two. In the last year, I have gained 20 pounds do to stress and unhealthy diet choices. I want to lose what I gained and more. I refuse to reach 200 pounds.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #83  
Put good in, get good out

S/C/G: 290/283/200

First name: Erica

Geographical location: Kentucky

Marital Status: in a relationship and waiting on the ring!

Children/Ages: N/A but hopefully in the future.

Occupation: recent college graduate, work in retail but hopefully going to grad school for a music performance degree.

Pets: 3 kitties! Bruno, Mia, and Percy.

Hobbies/Interests: music of course, playing flute and piccolo, dance, Winterguard, spinning flag, drum corps, knitting, and being super creative!

Eye/Hair Color: hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: last week, 1/14/13 but have steadily slimming down months prior.

Starting Weight: 290

Present Weight: 283

Goal Weight: 200 or below.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating right. I live with my boyfriend who hates any veggies (meat and potatoes kind of guy) and doesn't gain weight easily. It's going to be hard changing my eating habits with someone else who can eat whatever he wants!

Following any specific plan: turbo Jam exercise program and Couch to 5K app.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm tired of feeling bad about myself. I want to have more energy to live life to the fullest instead of it passing me by.

Anything else you would like to share with us: support support support! I hate doing things alone and really need a system that can push me to do my best and succeed.
Airycuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 280/265/140

Height: 5'6

First name: Kaitlin

Geographical location: Colorado

Marital Status: In a Relationship

Children/Ages: None!

Pets: My holy terror of a cat-dog, Basil, and my boyfriend's cat Pixel.

Hobbies/Interests: Animals, writing, hiking, computer, etc, etc.

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel, turning slowly green and brown hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Back in 2010.

Starting Weight: 245

Present Weight: 247

Goal Weight: 140ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sheer laziness. There's no getting around it. And my "screw it" mentality when it comes to doing things I want to do.

Following any specific plan: I'll be following the same idea I was initially, intuitive eating along with working out. I've been looking in the Paleo lifestyle lately, and I may switch it up a few times before the end of it all. My exercise focus will be with weight lifting, P90x theme of videos, and perhaps some Jillian Michaels.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've gotten away from the edge I had before with it. I entered into a relationship and weight loss took a backseat. Now, I'm suffering the consequences. I can see a double chin again and I hate it, vehemently. I need to get my butt into gear. Enough is enough.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a lurker, I read a lot and talk less, but I do post when I feel moved to. I love this site and have been here for years now, even if I haven't posted that much, I feel that the inspiration here has been a very positive drive for me.
birdtostone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:46 PM   #85  

Location: Okinawa, Japan (for now!) originally from the UK :-)

S/C/G: 279/254.4/135

Height: 5 foot 5!

Afternoon all :-)

First name: Carly

Geographical location: Okinawa, Japan.

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: N/A

Hobbies/Interests: I enjoy traveling with my husband and exploring new cultures.

Height: 5 Ft 5

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 27th 2012

Starting Weight: 279 lbs

Present Weight: 267.4

Goal Weight: Gw1: 155 but my ultimate goal weight is 135. I will see how I feel/ look once I reach 155 and decide wether to continue losing or to go into maintaining.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Because we travel a lot eating out is my biggest hurdle. I have to do my research and make sure I'm prepared! "Failing to plan is planning to fail."

Following any specific plan: calorie counting (as well as conscientiously watching carbs/fat/sugars etc) and exercise! I've taken up Zumba and I love it. Although a drunken spider overtakes me in the coordination department.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I haven't really committed myself whole heartily in the past. December 2010 I suffered a devastating miscarriage at 8 weeks. And since then my husband have been trying desperately to conceive again and each month it ends with me in tears and my husband doubting himself as its another chance missed! I realised I can not expect to carry a child if my body is 100% healthy (apart from being very overweight I am healthy). I'm not saying losing the weight will guarantee me getting pregnant but I want to get myself in shape and giving it a good go before we turn to Drs to help!

Sorry my entry was so long winded!
MrsO2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 322/315/200

Height: 5'5

First name:Trice

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status:Single

Hobbies/Interests IY Projects, Classical music, fingernail polish, history, genealogy

Height:5'5''

Eye/Hair Color:Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 21, 2013

Starting Weight:322

Present Weight: 321

Goal Weight:200

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking with it and a lack of organization

Following any specific plan: Just cutting calories and walking for now

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think now I actually want it. Other times I think I really lacked the motivation.
tricenews87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 187/180/150

Height: 5'10''

First name: Joanna

Geographical location: Washington, DC

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: nope

Pets: nope

Hobbies/Interests: swimming, playing music, knitting, cooking, arguing, puzzles

Height: 5'10

Eye/Hair Color: blue-green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 25

Starting Weight: 187 (my heaviest)

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight: 150 before starting graduate school in the fall

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: inconsistency and distraction from my goals. That and cheese.

Following any specific plan: limiting to 1400 calories, using my work's gym at least 3 times a week, swimming once a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a deadline in mind. I will be moving to start graduate school, and I want to start fresh in a new place (and hopefully meet some men who are attracted to me)
synchrojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:49 AM   #88  

First name: Christina

Geographical location: Chicago, IL, USA

Marital Status: Dating

Pets: Hershey-san, my cat.

Hobbies/Interests: Listening to music, writing, dancing (horribly I might add), reading, playing the Sims 3, reading to my 2 year old niece, walking, singing

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2-1-2013

Starting Weight: 255 lbs (I think. I'm getting a scale this weekend.)

Present Weight: 255 lbs

Goal Weight: 150 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I live on campus at my university and the biggest hurdle is the food. The good stuff is all fried, the stuff that's good for you is expensive and also tastes horrible.

Following any specific plan: I plan to take my doctors advice and reduce my sugar and fat intake to 50 grams a piece. This is easier with the fat intake than it is the sugar. I was told that natural sugars, that are in fruit and other natural sources, are alright to indulge, obviously the healthy recommended intake. I also plan on walking around my town, going to the gym, and doing simple exercise in my room. Once the weather begins to get better, I plan on trying the Couch to 5k running system. If you have other suggestions that would be good for a beginner, let me know!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time around I'm doing this for my future and for myself. When I have kids, I want to be able to keep up with them, and I know that I'm having an issue because I can't keep up with my niece. I'm also trying to improve my health and improve my life. I'm unhappy with my image and I know that if I was thinner I wouldn't be as unhappy. Overall, I am doing this for my health.

Anything else you would like to share with us: At this moment, no, but that might change in the future!
Lali421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #89  
Lok'tar Ogar!

S/C/G: 248.6/ticker/170

Height: 5'9

First name: Dina

Geographical location: Cincinnati, OH

Occupation: Student (English: Writing Studies and German double major)

Pets: None But I want a Welsh Corgi and German Shepherd

Hobbies/Interests: All things nerdy! Video games, comic books, movies, etc. I also love to sketch and write.

Height: 5'9

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: We will say Jan. 2012

Starting Weight: 255

Present Weight: 214

Goal Weight: 170 for now. 150 ultimately.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Losing weight while in college! Also, cutting out Coke! Why do I love coke so much?

Following any specific plan: Nothing too particular. Just calorie counting.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think in the past it was more because I'm not comfortable in my skin. I think now it's more for medical reasons. I have PCOS and as many of you probably know weight loss is a big motivator to help deal with the symptoms that come along with it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to be here and I'd love to talk to people who are in college and juggling weight loss because I know that's a big struggle of mine.
Soft Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #90  
Hopeful Pessimist

S/C/G: 230/224.5/180

Height: 6'0"

First name: Amanda

Geographical location: Plano, Texas

Pets: 2 cats: Grace and Dank

Hobbies/Interests: Drawing, writing, comics, video games.

Height: 6' 0"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes; naturally brown hair (changing regularly! )

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 1, 2013 (latest)

Starting Weight: 230

Present Weight: See the number in the profile box! xP

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food is GOOD. Also, I cannot keep fresh food in my current apartment as it is overrun with bugs. I have to drive to my parents' house to eat or pick up something from a convenience store.

Following any specific plan: Cheating weight watchers. (using the points system, but not paying out the wazzoo for the tools.)

What is different this time: I have no idea. Hopefully I can stay motivated.

What else: I'm broke, in college, and have no idea what I'm doing with my life. I spend my days wondering what I'm working for and what I want to do, usually coming to the conclusion that though I have talents I am a waste of potential due to lack of ambition. My favorite thing to do is to sit at Starbucks with a venti Java Chip Frappuccino, nonfat, no whip, one extra pump mocha, and draw while people pass my table and comment on my drawings, making me feel awesome and making me forget I'm an immature adult living above my future-mother-in-law's bedroom in a roach-infested apartment that I pay $200 a month to live in. I also enjoy going to bars with my best friend, spending money I could be saving on a few overpriced drinks and flirting with everybody, pretending I'm a cool, worldly, interesting person even though I only have those two friends and haven't seen or done a whole lot of anything in my 21 years of life. But... I'm okay.
RavenTheMind is offline   Reply With Quote