20 Something Profiles

You're on Page 19 of 30
Go to
  • First name: Alyssa

Geographical location: West Michigan

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: N/a

Pets: 2 cats: Spartacus and Jasmine

Hobbies/Interests: Scrapbooking, Outdoor activities (I LOVE the water), running, reading, debating, anything and everything really.

Height: 4' 11"

Eye/Hair Color: Natural Black hair and Dark Dark brown eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I suppose all of my life? My weight has been a constant battle since about middle school. Not so much in my lower elementary years.

Starting Weight: 200lbs.

Present Weight: 184

Goal Weight: Science and Doctors say I should be 98-123 (ish) lbs. My heritage says my average weight will be around 145. So, I'm shooting for 130!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Myself. I know nothing about my parents or what issues they might have had to deal with in their 20's in regards to weight. They have run a million tests and bloodwork has all been done and the science says I'm healthy as a teenager. Yet I am still obese! It is frustrating. I'm also an extremely picky eater and have been through numerous stints of eating disorders.

Following any specific plan: Not yet, maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Don't say calorie counting, please. You can swear by it but they hold no power with me.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Honestly, nothing. I have the same motivation and same obstacles I've always had. I'm just older and possibly wiser?

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm extremely shy and often take words the wrong way. I'm not joking when I say I have tried and been through everything in the book. Name it, I've probably tried it. Also, I'm a Michigan State fan! I live for football season! Nice to meet everyone, and I look forward to chatting soon!!
  • First name: Liz

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: Divorced

Children/Ages: 4, 5

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: My children take up the little free time I have, but I love it that way!

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/ Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 05/12/2014

Starting Weight: 217

Present Weight: 210

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Time management, trying to balance everything

Following any specific plan: Insanity

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't dread my workouts. I don't look forward to them either, it's just part of my day.
  • Quote: First Name: Cris

Geographical Location: Fort Hood, TX

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: a son, 6

Occupation: graphic designer (although I am currently on extended leave until 2015)

Pets: a (rescued) black shepherd, Link, the sweetest and kindest dog ever!

Hobbies/Interests: crafting, sewing, surfing, makeup, shoes, ~glitter~

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: green/blonde (though I just recently went dark red)

Starting Date of Weight Loss Journey: April 24, 2014. It was a Wednesday - I know because for three weeks prior, I kept saying "next Sunday... Next Monday..." And on Wednesday I woke up and said, you know what? It's now or never.

Starting Weight: 195

Present Weight: 185.0

Goal Weight: 115

Biggest Hurdle to Overcome in Weightloss: eating - I typically eat only one meal (dinner) and will not stop what I'm doing to make or eat something when I am hungry, which means I eat nearly all of my calories at dinner and right before bed.

Also, my husband is deployed and a medic who tends to fret over the smallest bruises, so I haven't told him what's going on. It's very hard not having his support, but he has other things he needs to focus on.

Following any specific plan: just counting calories and lots of cardio for now. I'll adjust later as necessary.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts in the past: I've never tried losing weight in the past, so this is uncharted territory for me!

Anything else you would like to share with us: my husband is deployed until the end of November, and I'd really like to lose most of this weight by then. Our son is also struggling with being underweight/classified as FTT, so he needs a very different diet and I'm trying hard to make sure we both get what we need.
    It's crazy how much we have in common! I live in Killeen, so we live pretty close to each other. My five year old son is also underweight, so I have to make separate meals for all of us. My ex-husband and I were both active duty, but he got hurt on deployment and is now medically retired. We are currently back together trying to work things out, but that's a whole other issue. I chose to not continue in the military because I wanted to be home with my kids more. Anyway, I just thought it was so awesome finding someone I had so much in common with, so I had to respond to you. Good luck in your journey!
  • First name: Melissa

Geographical location: Ohio

Marital Status: Not married, but in a relationship

Children/Ages: -

Pets: 8 kitties and a parakeet

Hobbies/Interests: Flute, sewing, theater (crew, not acting), makeup, swimming

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: green eyes, light brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 2012

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight: 195

Goal Weight: ~150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation. I have SO much trouble sticking to a work out routine for more than two or three weeks.

Following any specific plan: Not at the moment. Just going to work and eating less.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've seen progress. I started my job one month ago and I noticed stuff like my new pants not fitting, my collar bones being more pronounced, rings fitting looser even. Before I even weighed myself. It's great to actually see weight coming off instead of wondering if my scale is just a little off today or if it's power of suggestion from the number on the scale going down.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have PCOS, possibly thyroid problems (currently waiting on the second batch of blood work) and this is the first time I've been under 200 lbs since I was like 14 so nearly 5 years.
  • First name: Mimi.

Geographical location: Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Marital Status: Single.

Children/Ages: None.

Occupation: Full-time student, but I am a Residence Advisor during the school year.

Pets: One rambunctious cat who drives me up the wall.

Hobbies/Interests: I love hanging out with my friends, going to new restaurants, cooking for people I care about, baking, reading, watching television, and exploring the city.

Height: Almost 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown hair, lighter brown eyes.

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: October 2012.

Starting Weight: 170 lbs.

Present Weight: 160 lbs.

Goal Weight: 115 lbs.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: I love to eat. I do this thing where I eat a lot of delicious food in one day because I say I'm going to start dieting tomorrow, and then the next day rolls around and I say the same mantra...this can go on for weeks...I unintentionally gain weight before I start a diet.

Following any specific plan: Signed up for Weight Watchers for 3 months. It's exactly like calorie counting so I think it was a waste of money, but we'll see what happens. The fact that I'm paying for it means I gotta stick with it, right? I'm also doing a DietBet right now (google it).

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, I lost 25 lbs last year and unfortunately gained 15 lbs of it back. This time I'm going to lose it FOR GOOD!
  • Stop stalking, start posting!
    First name: Lindsey

Geographical location: Virginia

Marital Status: Single (and too picky, if you ask most people, haha)

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Jack Russell terrier

Hobbies/Interests: Church, reading, nearly any fun thing...

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Mostly green, sometimes brown / light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Somewhere around age 15 (when I didn't need to lose!!), but 2008 is when I reached my heaviest weight and really started seeing measurable results.

Starting Weight: 226

Present Weight: 205 (had lost down to around 194 in March, but had a "fall off the wagon" season).

Goal Weight: 178. More than what BMI charts indicate, but I'm big-boned, so that looks pretty thin on me.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Tracking and snacking! I can plan a healthy meal, but I reach for terrible snacks, and I can put away 2000 calories in no time flat. And then I always neglect to write anything down.

Following any specific plan: Bounce back and forth between WW Points and counting calories. I'm about to try iTrackBites on my iPhone.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm more toned, even though I have had a gain. I discovered CrossFit in the last year, and it has done wonders for my fitness level. But I never got my eating under control, so I still have a layer of "fluff" over all the muscle! I haven't been to a workout in 3 weeks, but I paid my registration this week so I can start again on Monday, haha.

Anything else you would like to share with us: That I'm DESPERATE to finally get this weight off! I seriously have never once reached a goal weight that I set, so I need all the support I can get!
  • First name: Jena

Geographical location: South East London

Marital Status: Engaged

Hobbies/Interests: Music and anime

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: My hair is red and my eyes are blue/gray

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: On and off since I was a teenager

Starting Weight: 218 lbs

Present Weight: 218 lbs

Goal Weight: 140 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Depression and giving up.

Following any specific plan: Not yet.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: The way I think and also I was diagnosed with pcos yesterday so I want to start looking after myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm extremely self conscious and came to this site looking for a buddy in london.
  • First name: Amber

Geographical location: Technically the Kansas City area, but I'm almost never home.

Marital Status: Married 5 years

Children/Ages: Nooooo

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, camping, painting, traveling the country.

Eye/Hair Color: Eyes are blue/grey, hair is...currently dark brown. It changes a lot!

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oh lord, since I was 10? Not kidding. :/ Currently I'd date it about Sept 2013 that I stopped gaining and started losing.

Starting Weight: 210 lbs

Present Weight: 184 lbs

Goal Weight: 130 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binging and giving up.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting combined with IE.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm older and have a more realistic view on weight loss and maintenance, I think. That, and I am so determined to really do it this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Can't wait to go on this journey with you ladies!
  • First name: Karen

Geographical location: California

Pets: One Dog

Hobbies/Interests: Traveling, Walking, Spending time with family, Cooking, Dancing

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 15, 2014

Starting Weight: 193.8

Present Weight: 186.4

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have such a hard time sticking to any type of plans. Any time, I don't get immediate results, I resort to old ways, self sabotaging is the biggest hurdle.

Following any specific plan: OPTIFAST 800 through Kaiser

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Taking break from Food… This program is very strict, and does not allow any outside food until you hit week 17.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Really hoping to succeed this time. At one point, I was able to go all the way down to 138. I was so close to my goal, but got too comfortable. I gained all that weight back plus another 50.
  • Welcome Karen! There's a relatively active thread for people working on getting out of the 180s. You might want to pop over there, great for motivation. I should be in that thread very soon I hope...I think there's also some Optifast threads around if you want to hang out with people on the same plan. Good luck!
  • Elena, 22 years old, from the Wastelands of South Dakota (cue footage of bison stampeding across the plains)

I'm a single Full-time student majoring in chemistry, working part time as a DSP in a group home.

I live with a cat; fortunately it's not mine.

Hobbies/Interests: Running, cooking, singing, hiking

I'm 5'4 and weigh 142 pounds. That's the most I've ever weighed. My goal weight is 108, which might actually be less than I've ever weighed as an adult.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Straight-up sugar addiction

Following any specific plan: Keto, running a marathon October 5th

What's different now? I haven't tried to lose weight in the past. Mainly I've complained about getting fat - not the same thing.

I went to join this site today and realized I'd already made an account - when I weighed 126. This would have been a lot easier if I'd just lost the weight then :/
  • First name: Katerine

Geographical location: Montreal, Canada

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None of my own but a wonderful 15 months-old goddaughter

Occupation: I'm a Disability Case Manager for an Insurance Company... Yes I'm the bad guy lol

Pets: 2 cats (obviously I'm single!)

Hobbies/Interests: running (I do 5k runs now, trying to go up to 10k), yoga, shopping

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown hair, greenish-brown eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 1st, 2014

Starting Weight: 189 lbs

Present Weight: 179 lbs

Goal Weight: 135 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Honestly, just stop making excuses for why I can't do this and that and just go out and do it! And eating my feelings.

Following any specific plan: I eat mostly plant-based with lots of veggies, some fruits, eggs, some fish and seafood, very little meat, I don't really count calories, just eating healthy foods. I run 5k 4 times a week and do some Fitness Blender workouts through youtube.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have found workouts that I truly like, couldn't stand the dancing choreographed ones! Being able to run my 5k (took me 1.5 month of practice) really gave me a hige boost of confidence!
  • First name: Chloe

Geographical location: Midwestern United States (mostly Wisconsin/Minnesota, but I move a lot)

Pets: none currently But I want a dog desperately!

Hobbies/Interests: I'm an avid outdoorsperson. I canoe, kayak, backpack, and rock climb, and have worked with sled dogs in the past. I especially love whitewater canoeing. I love to read and write. I love to swim and spend time with the people I love!

Height: 5'6.5

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I don't know if there was ever really a start date... I've been on and off for a while. I've kept off about 25 pounds consistently since I first started my weightloss journey sometime in 2011. At one point I'd lost about 45 pounds (down around 170), now I'm back to what seems to be my "resting point" around 190.

Starting Weight: 215

Present Weight: 192

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Consistency, or being able to find a balance I can maintain between over eating and practically starving myself.

Following any specific plan: Not at the moment. Eat less, exercise more.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Being more open about it and getting over any weight loss stigma. Also, training for a half marathon will be good motivation to stay active.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
  • First name: Lorren

Geographical location: Huntsville, Alabama

Pets: 2 Dogs --Diamond and Rocky

Hobbies/Interests: I love to dance and can't wait til the day that I'm able to do it again, Billiards, scuba diving and running

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel green eyes and medium brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2/6/2012

Starting Weight: 281

Present Weight: 243

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my own body

Following any specific plan: Paleo & IF

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm trying harder to listen to what my body is craving and giving it to it if its healthy for me... I crave alot of meat.. lol

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a bit ocd and some might call me a type A personality but I like to think I'm a laid back kinda person. I am very shy however I've learned how to be comfortable stepping out of my norm. I posted a really long intro in the intro forum so if you want to know my story please read it and give me any feed back you might have. Thanks and I look forward to chatting with all of you.
  • First name: Kassy

Geographical location: about two hours south of St. Louis, MO

Children/Ages: Michelle, 10 months

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: reading, walking, biking, organizing

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes, dishwater blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/30/14

Starting Weight: 213

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: cookies! No, but seriously...I think once I start doing well, I feel like I can "cheat" more and so I sabotage myself.

Following any specific plan: carb-cutting, but not really a specific version like Atkins

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In the past, my weight loss was mostly just for vanity. This time, it had started to affect my health and now I have a husband and daughter to take care of!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking forward to reading everyone's stories!