20 Something Profiles

You're on Page 16 of 30
Go to
  • First name: Frances

Geographical location: England

Marital Status: Living with my gorgeous beau <3

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Music, tea and books.

Height: 5'3''

Eye/Hair Color: Brown to both

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: There have been so many starting dates to so many weightloss journeys! But the most recent one? Some point soon after 1st Jan 2014

Starting Weight: 12st 9lbs

Present Weight: 12st 6lbs

Goal Weight: 10st or 9st

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Hmm... I suppose I'm just a greedy bugger really. So yeah, I need to learn not to be.

Following any specific plan: No

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Absolutely nothing if I'm brutally honest. Once more, I'm just seeing if I can make it this time round.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Here is where I sound horrendously boring and say, 'no! I'm afraid I really have nothing else to say!' Hmm... I can bake but not cook, which, suffice to say, is NOT what you want when you have a kitchen surrounded with Victoria sponges but really need to cook a not blackened jacket potato for dinner. Oh yeah, I'm obsessed with potatoes too. Fried, baked, boiled and chip-ed.
  • First name: Arzu

Geographical location: NJ

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: -

Pets: -

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, traveling

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown, black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/19/14

Starting Weight: 145

Present Weight: 145

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional eating

Following any specific plan: Trying to follow the Mediterranean Diet. I don't like the word diet though... I want to say Mediterranean Lifestyle.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have attempted this so many times before... hoping this one will stick.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I work in a bakery so temptation surrounds me! Haha!

• First name:Melissa

Geographical location:CT

Marital Status:Relationship

Children/Ages:none

Pets:none

Hobbies/Interests:reading, music

Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color:green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:1/18

Starting Weight:234

Present Weight:227

Goal Weight:165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Staying goal oriented

Following any specific plan:nope

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Living on my own/I can set my own schedule

Anything else you would like to share with us: not at the moment.
  • First name: Chelaina

Geographical location: Washington (the state)

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: none, though I'm going to be an aunt in June!

Pets: Back home I have 2 dogs, 3 cats.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, knitting, too many TV shows

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Dark brown with blue and purple tips

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 27th

Starting Weight: 250

Present Weight: 250

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Bad habits. I tend to binge eat when I'm bored or upset or whatever, and it's never vegetables or anything resembling healthy. I also have a soda problem.

Following any specific plan: No, just an overall lifestyle change.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This community, deadlines I have to stick to, overall more motivation.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm just excited to be a part of this forum. And I'm totally willing to geek out about books/TV/movies with anyone who needs a geek out buddy
  • First name: Kristyn

Geographical location: Newfoundland, Canada

Marital Status: Relationship

Children/Ages: None

Occupation: Student (Will be a high school science teacher after the spring!)

Pets: None (unfortunately; my parents have bad allergies)

Hobbies/Interests: baseball, hockey, football, cooking, baking and skiing

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown eyes and hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/6/14

Starting Weight: 213

Present Weight: 203

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying motivated and making good decisions when it comes to food.

Following any specific plan: Not really. I do count calories religiously and use MFP

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I really want to start my new career on a good foot!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've seen great weight loss results before and have lived most of my life at 125 but completing a science degree at university was my eating downfall! I didn't suffer the freshman 15 as much as the university 75!!
  • First name: Serynn

Geographical location: Singapore (Asia)

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: NIL

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Travelling, cooking, baking, chilling with friends and... working. Unfortunately I consider myself a workaholic lol.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown eyes, dark brown hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: TODAY. 30 Jan.

Starting Weight: 187

Present Weight: 187

Goal Weight: 143

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Busy schedule, procrastination habit, loves carbs too much.

Following any specific plan: Not specifically, but I'm planning to cut coffee from my diet, cut gluten, cut fast food, and incorporate more exercise into my daily regime. Going to replace coffee with green tea instead, and I've just bought a blender to make daily smoothies for breakfast. Will count calories too.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am at my heaviest now, and I'm tired of not being able to look good in clothes. Most Asians are petite and I can barely fit into ANYTHING locally. Did alot of damage to my self-image.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Happy to be here! For some strange reason most of my friends are slim so there's no one to share my pain... I've been looking for a support group and this is it.
  • First name: Roxy

Geographical location: Syracuse, NY

Marital Status: High School Sweet Hearts, 7 Years, Not married yet

Pets: Bunny Rabbit!

Hobbies/Interests: Apps, Internet Blogging, Reading everything about how to lose weight and success stories of others, My Ipad, Always listening to Pandora. But Honestly I maintly just work all the time lol.

Height: 5’6

Eye/Hair Color: Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/3/2014

Starting Weight: 247lbs

Present Weight: 231lbs

Goal Weight: 150lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Time management and Will Power. And I have to learn to like cooking.

Following any specific plan: No Diet Plan, I count calories using MyFitnessPal and I started T25 Work out a week ago.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am really researching more of what I need to do to be successful and I am looking places other than my friends and family for support.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really need help through this. I’ve tried a million and one things and am hoping to learn a lot more about what I have to do to reach my goal. I feel like I am reaching for the stars.

Geographical location:NC

Marital Status:Not married

Children/Ages:None

Pets:None

Hobbies/Interests:Reading (when I can, school takes up my life)

Height:5'7

Eye/Hair Color:Black hair, Brown eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:2/3/2014

Starting Weight:187.6

Present Weight:187.6

Goal Weight:If I can hit 160 I would be happy

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Im a full time junior in school, that also works and it is so hard trying to healthy when you barely have time to eat! None the less work out.

Following any specific plan:Not really, I'm going to do progresso soups every other lunch and make smart decisions for the rest (that's all I got right now)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the pasthis is really the biggest I have ever been, everything was just maintaining before, but now I got to get serious

Anything else you would like to share with us: I would really love support and any suggestions to what a college girl should do about food choices, especially for breakfast
  • First name: Ash

Geographical location: NYC sometimes virginia

Children/Ages: i dont have any of my own. 2 godsons that are my bffs 2&5

Pets: soon to have a bulldog puppy to curb my baby fever

Hobbies/Interests: Music, computers, cooking

Height: 5'9.75"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/ brown with grey streaks

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/1/14

Starting Weight: 299

Present Weight: 295

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Making sure i actually eat. i tend to eat one big meal and snacking.

Following any specific plan: Not really

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: im tired of being the 'fat friend' or 'pretty for a big girl'

Anything else you would like to share with us: id love a workout partner
  • Katy
    First name: Katy

Geographical location: Texas

Pets: 2 dogs. Fleabag and Dodger

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Pop Culture

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12/28/2013

Starting Weight: 281

Present Weight: 255

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Cutting out the fried food and soda

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Determination

Anything else you would like to share with us: Eh.
  • First name: Katie

Geographic location: Austin, TX

Children/Ages: Childfree for life.

Pets: 1 dog, a cocker spaniel

Hobbies/Interests: The internet, comics, reading, basically being a big nerd. Also, live music.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes and light brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/1/14

Starting Weight: 155

Present Weight: 150.2

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying committed to fitness long-term.

Following any specific plan: Just stuff I made up.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Setting small timeline goals over the course of the year in an effort to stay on track instead of dropping out once I hit my first goal.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nope.
  • First name: Avery

Geographical location: Tennessee, USA

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: none.

Pets: 1 cat, 1 rabbit

Hobbies/Interests: Blogging, Crafts, Organizing, Music (singing, playing, listening) and I love watching/collecting movies.

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 6th 2014

Starting Weight: 295

Present Weight: 283

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: The urge to give up and eat all day everyday.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting with My Fitness Pal

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel like I am in a similar place as I was when I joined back in 2010 when I lost 80+ pounds. Emotionally, I am just a lot more stable and I am completely focused on pulling my life together.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I went through a depression that lasted a good year and a half to two years where I gained over 100 pounds. I've finally gotten myself to the point where I am just focused on being happy and accomplishing goals I've set for myself... which is why I came back on here
  • :)
    First name: Holly

Geographical location: MA

Marital Status: very single

Children/Ages: nope. i have three nephews (Killian 12, Liam 9 and Evan 2) and three nieces (Meghan 14, Ava 4 and Lyla 1) who I much prefer over having my own!

Pets: 1 Cat named Treacle

Hobbies/Interests: Movies, Margaritas, playing the ukulele, theater of course...

Height: 5' 8"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 1, 2013

Starting Weight: 243

Present Weight: 199

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love eating out with friends!!! Going for martinis and oysters and dinners...it is one of my favorite things to do. It has been very hard to miss those dinners or to not indulge if i do attend.

Following any specific plan: Was strict IP for the first couple months, but found it too difficult/restrictive because I am a vegetarian. I now do something similar to the IP but I allow myself cheese, nuts, avocados, olives and a few other high fat things, occasionally. I was unhappy living on eggs and salad every day!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't know. Something just clicked, I guess. I hope it stays clicked and doesn't click back!!

Off topic: what do you all think of a 175 goal weight? I have never been under 175 probably since I was 16...and I was a pretty thin 16 year old, a lifeguard and wore size 8's and 10's. I have relatively wide bone structure, and will always have large boobs and hips no matter how much i weigh. But according to my BMI, at 175 i'd still be considered "overweight"...I cannot imagine being skinnier than that. What do you all think? Anyone else here around that height/weight? Do you guys put much stock in the BMI?

Thanks everybody!! xoxoxo
  • First name: Penalope

Geographical location: Washington state

Marital Status: Happily Married

Children/Ages: Not yet

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color:Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 20th 2014

Starting Weight: 172

Present Weight:167

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating Veggies. Sticking to the Diet!

Following any specific plan: Ideal Protein

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:

I need to do this! I've tried a ton of different diets!

Anything else you would like to share with us:

• Geographical location: United States
    Pets: Two kitties.
    Hobbies/Interests: I love to bake, game and read. And I have an interest in fair trade practices and organic gardening.
    Height: 5'6"
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2.16.2014
    Starting Weight: 216
    Present Weight: 216
    Goal Weight: 150 as of now. I may got a little lower when I get closer depending on how I feel about my shape.
    Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I don't have a house that is conducive to weight loss. I'm usually stuck trying to get over hurdles and keep motivated by myself while also fighting temptation that I'm being bombarded with by relatives who KNOW I'm trying to lose weight. So it's a pretty big uphill battle.
    Following any specific plan: No. Just trying to find ways to afford fresher fruits and veggies, and cut out bad fats and sugars. Keeping my calorie intake healthy and remembering to exercise.
    What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is something I have to do regardless how difficult it is. There's the saying that everything is ok as long as you can say you still have your health, and with the number on the scale slowly climbing, my health is going down. I want to feel better (and of course look better). I'm also hoping to start having kids in the next couple of years and have PCOS along with general fertility problems in the way. I want to be as healthy as possible to hopefully ease the process. If I'm able to have kids, I want them to see me healthy and inspire them to be that way too.
    Anything else you would like to share with us:
    I'm happy to be here and hoping to find some support. My goal is also to be healthy and a low enough weight that I can go skydiving for my 30th birthday