Old 09-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #31  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr123 View Post
I'm like you.

I actually don't even own a scale. So I end up checking when I'm at my parents or bf's or whatever.

For me, I just find I fluctuate quite alot depending on the day and what I have to do for work. So for me to stress about my weight constantly isn't healthy for me. If I just weigh once in a while, then I feel better. Plus I know when I've gained weight. If my pants are tighter, I have got to be better!
Very cool... I'm not sure I could ever get to a place where I don't even own a scale, but thankfully today I can at least "imagine" that possibility... and I can so relate... I've finally discovered that weighing myself constantly isn't healthy for me, too... I've finally realized that I've got enough pressure and stress in my life already... So why add to it... By doing something that I know just stresses me out.... Don't get me wrong, I still keep track of my weight, maybe even to the point that might appear to some as obsessively so... But now that number on the scale isn't my number one, be all, end all goal goal anymore... It's just one piece of the puzzle... and that's what's working for me these days....
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredKestrel View Post
Very cool... I'm not sure I could ever get to a place where I don't even own a scale, but thankfully today I can at least "imagine" that possibility... and I can so relate... I've finally discovered that weighing myself constantly isn't healthy for me, too... I've finally realized that I've got enough pressure and stress in my life already... So why add to it... By doing something that I know just stresses me out.... Don't get me wrong, I still keep track of my weight, maybe even to the point that might appear to some as obsessively so... But now that number on the scale isn't my number one, be all, end all goal goal anymore... It's just one piece of the puzzle... and that's what's working for me these days....
For me, I was always worrying about a number. I look about 40lbs lighter than I am, so the scale was causing me to be unhealthy. So I got to a point that the number didn't matter and getting a scale wasn't really worth it.

I think its great to keep track of things, but remember that everyones number is different. Go by how you feel, and don't let a silly number on a scale change how you feel you are doing. So for me, looking down and seeing a 180-190lbs number just made me feel crappy. When most girls my age/height are all like 120-140. So I just felt bad about myself. Until I got sick and actually got down to 130-140 and looked anorexic, I realized I need to stop caring about a number and go on feeling and fit of clothes and how I look in a mirror. Because weight is just a number and everyone's number will vary even.

That said, I need to exercise and keep healthy and lose some weight (or inches).

Last edited by Orr123; 09-06-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Orr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/135

Height: 5'6

I weigh myself twice a week. Mondays and Thursday. I do it as soon as I'm up and ready, before I've eaten anything. It helps keep me on track since I can't wait a full week. Once a day is too much for me. My weight can really fluctuate day to day and I don't want to see that because it's too disheartening for me.

Plus I like to see "more action" on my scale. If it's a loss like 0.1 day to day, I would probably find that disheartening too.
slicedbreadbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #34  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

I tried a daily weigh-in challenge here on 3FC for July, and I found it did more harm than good. Even having been at this for over a year, I still put a lot of value on the number on the scale.. so seeing no change (or worse- a gain!) after a good workout/eating day was super disheartening, and made me question staying OP.

I know it's all psychological, and any gains would be just water.. but it still gets me down.

So, now I weigh every Monday morning. I exercise Monday-Saturday and take Sunday as a day of rest. This seems to be what works best for me!

Last edited by pinksparkles; 09-08-2012 at 11:18 PM.
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

I weigh once a week. On Wednesday mornings. Frankly I don't see the point in weighing every day because the scale doesn't really change that much in 24 hours. And I also imagine that one meal high is salt or a tough workout that can cause water retention might affect the scale falsely. Once a week appears more accurate.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #36  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Usually every morning, just to keep on track, but I don't fret if I miss a few days. I have the 'major' weigh in once a week (usually Fridays) in which I record my weight.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 378/tickers/145

Height: 5'4"

Multiple times a day. I used to only do it once a day (mornings), but then I started wanting to monitor myself over the day, make sure I'm doing the right thing. ("Uh oh, I've gained this much over the course of the day, I shouldn't have that" or "I've been good today, maybe I can just walk one mile not two".) Probably not the best thing to do, but I want to run a tight ship.
coolacrity is offline   Reply With Quote