Old 11-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #1  

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Unhappy So Hungry!

Hey everyone!

I recently got into my routine of exercising everyday. I am finding that ever since then, I am sooo hungry! I haven't started changing my diet and eat a regular 3 meals a day, so there shouldn't be a reason for this constant hunger. In fact, as soon as I finish eating and feel full, I would leave the dining commons....and feel hungry again in less than 10 minutes!

The only time I've heard of this happening was when my mom went on weight watchers and didn't know she was pregnant. I am definitely not pregnant. What could be the problem?

Has anyone else experienced this? I don't want my stomach to be growling 24/7 like it has so far. It's really embarrassing and uncomfortable. Any tips?
uniqueindividual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1

Are you eating enough calories with the amount of exercise you are doing? Getting enough protein, carbs and fats in your diet? It may be a case that you're not getting enough of the essentials for the amount of work you are putting in. You could also be eating foods with low nutritional value.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #3  

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Default Thanks

I suppose it is possible the foods I am eating are low in nutritional value, since I am at a college campus. I'll see how the hunger changes when I go home for a weekend.
uniqueindividual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #4  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

I would stick with items that are high in lean protein to keep you full longer, nuts, legumes, fish, poultry. If you pack your meals full of veggies, whole grains and these items you wont be hungry directly after eating.
On another note I like to think of losing weight/being healthy as an 80/20.... 80% eating right, 20% exercise.

If you aren't eating right it wont matter how much or how long you exercise for.

Last edited by Blcarter84; 11-21-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/199/135

Height: 5 ft 2.5 in

Since you started working out I would highly recommend adding in some more calories (specifically protein). I wold also recommend eating some small 100-200 calorie snacks through the day to help limit your hunger and take that edge off. Studies also show that eating shortly (10-20 minutes) after you workout is extremely beneficial to your body. I would recommend that you purchase some protein powder, if you can, to mix up and have as a snack shortly after your workout. About 2 hours after you workout have a decent meal with some lean protein and veggies. Good luck to you! (:
heartinoregon is offline   Reply With Quote