Old 08-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

Default Regained weight...but in all the wrong places :(

I don't know where else to open this thread or if it's even worth opening but here we go.
This goes for the chicks who lost and regained weight...did you feel like your regained weight went to the places where you lose weight the hardest or did it spread like before you lost it?

i lost a little over 50 pounds in 2010 and regained half of it very quickly, to me it felt like overnight and now i'm relosing it but not all of it because i really went overboard before and lost too much, and i just realized that now.

I compared my pictures of the same weight from 2 years ago and now and i was shocked. i was so much smaller at the same weight, probably because i exercised last time and after i regained only fat and fat is more voluminous than muscles plus i stopped exercisizing?! i don't know how else to explain it. all the regained weight went to my upper thighs and hips which were perfect before and to my butt and my back i know that i will have to work twice as hard as before if i'll want to see the same results, especially the back because it's just awful. i'm surprised that i haven't noticed this before, probably because i didn't want to face the truth.

any words of wisdom please
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #2  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

You're not alone in this! I have never gone from overweight to normal but I do remember my normal weight days and I HATE where my fat decided to live.. mostly my stomach back and thighs. I find that when you have more muscle the fat doesn't look as bad because some tone may peek through. Have you considered working out in addition to changing your diet?
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I have regained like 7 pounds that has decided to stick permanently after being on a 4 month plateau. I never really stopped exercising but I did stop caring so much as whether I was eating unhealthy. My stomach won't flatten. It's like now even if I'm exercising 5-6 hours a week that my body is like no I will not flatten out and no I will not let you lose weight. I hate that I was on the overweight line but I'm back at obese. I didn't even want to admit it because I look in the mirror and don't see the person I used to be but still am frustrated because I feel like I need to drop some weight. It's nothing like feeling like you are having a good time and then realizing that the work you had put in before went to waste. Sigh. I'm not even sure where to go with it. The past few days I've been eating green vegetables as my whole breakfast and as part of my lunch. I'm probably not drinking enough water or something.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #4  
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

I don't know if this would help anyone.. Bliss is a brand that has a product line called FatGirlSlim. It is way over priced but I can see why it is priced so high. I used something called the love handler for the first few weeks of my workouts just to see results quicker. And it was crazy. I hadn't lost anything from it, but I tightened up . The only problem is when you stop using it your body goes back to normal. But, it can be a really good boost to get you in the right direction.
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote