Old 08-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/143/130

Height: 5'4

Default What's happening?!?! HALP!

Oh jeez! Hello everyone, I'm a long time lurker whose coming out of the shadows for the advice of this lovely forum!

So here is the deal: I'm 5'3 and my highest weight was 210ish. Over the course of a few year (without trying) I went down to 175ish about a year and a half ago. Since then, I've stopped eating refined sugars and have gone down slowly to 150ish. Now, I've added some workouts and can't seem to get out of 145-147 territory. WTF?

I am currently on day 18 of the 30 day shred. I don't really see a difference but I feel stronger and know I'm building muscle. AND I'm doing couch to 5k every other day. I'm currently on week 6 (20 minute run). On my off days I walk 3.5 miles at a rate of about 3.8-4mph. But no move on the scale! I don't think I even look different! I don't care about the number as much as the outcome and I'm just getting a little depressed that I'm not seeing any results...other than strength/endurance (which are great but I also want to fit into a size 6, dude!).

For about 4 months my weight was steady at 150-155 on 1500 calories a day. I moved last month and it seemed to give me a shove downward to 147. I am currently eating 1400 calories and working out. I sometimes eat my workout calories back (around 100-300) but not always. So whats the deal? Am I just impatient or am I doing it wrong?

Okokok. This is long enough so thanks 3fc for reading!
Lauracore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #2  

At your current weight, weight loss is going to be slow. You may need to tweak what you are eating. Complex carbs, lean protein, dairy, fruits, vegetables, and good fat will get you to your goal.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #3  

Height: 5'2"

listen, i'm no expert but i've been reading around here long enough to say this:
it sounds like you are eating too few calories with your level of activity.

but keep in mind, if you're building muscle (i'm not sure what the shred entails) you probably won't see much movement on the scale. but you'll SEE the difference. a few inspiring ladies around here can tell you that (valrock, sontaikle, etc..)
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I agree with valalltogether... it sounds like your building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat so you might not see much movement in the scale but you might see it in your pants size soon. Keep up the good work!
basquegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/143/130

Height: 5'4

Thanks Vala and Quilter! I think I just had a mini freak out there

After I posted I did my workout and even upped my run time and felt amazing. I was taking for granted the long way that I've come and choosing to focus on the negative. I'm trying to get back into positive thinking by focusing on the strength and endurance I've gained and letting go of the outcomes...for now.
Lauracore is offline   Reply With Quote