Old 08-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #1  
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

Default Omg! It's August!

And I'm soooo not even close to my weight loss goal for the end of the year. I have just been mucking around way too much So I'm kicking my butt into gear and getting back into the forums for some motivation. Anyone else in the same place as me and need a motivational buddy??
lilmisschattabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

I need a motivational buddy, that's for sure! I've lost about 12 pounds, but not anywhere near the weight I wanna be! In two weeks I start school again, and the 3 month summer was suppose to help me reach my goal, but boy, it ain't working! I've been lazing around all summer Now that my summer goals aren't reached and it's nearing the end of summer, I'm just gonna try hard and reach my goal by the end of the year. I'm so ready!!!
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #3  
Determined!

Yes!! Exactly!!!! Time is running out and I need to get motivated NOW! What are you doing to lose weight/get fit?
Old 08-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #4  

I count calories, but I changed my diet completely. Before, my lifestyle was fast food everyday, sometimes even twice a day. Now, I don't eat fast food anymore and I also cut out all the soda and only drink water, tea, and coffee- but mainly water. A lot more greens in my diet. Walking on the treadmill more now, also. I've had a little setback, but now I'm back on track (: I notice a HUGE difference when I eat too much carbs. It makes me gain weight like crazy, so I'm also trying to cut back on the carbs.

Wahh, dieting while in college is gonna be TOUGH. There are dozens and dozens of restaurants around my campus

What's your diet plan? (:
Old 08-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #5  
Determined!

I've had some success with south beach diet, so following that loosely and trying to keep my carbs down. The problem is I love carbs so I can't cut them out completely lol. So just trying to make healthy food choices. And I am struggling with chocolate at the moment which I had managed to pretty much remove from my diet... so that has to go again!!

I'm trying to up my exercise as well. They make us go to the gym once a week for the course (vet nursing) I'm doing, so I have my compulsory exercise session! And I'm trying to add in some walking/jogging, pilates and dancing

So with all of that, if I can stay on track I'm hoping to start seeing some results!!!!!

What are you studying at college?
Old 08-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #6  

the positive side of august are its enourmously high temperatures that make your body sweat and melt calories
jenn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #7  

Blahh, exercising is a pain in the butt Music keeps me distracted for a while, but I'm a super lazy person. I mean it, you won't find anyone lazier than me. I rather not eat so I can sleep in bed, rather than eat and exercise. I know that's not how it works, but my mind thinks in strange ways sometimes, LOL. Definitely out of that mindset now though!

Chocolate is HEAVEN. I love love chocolate and all kinds of deserts. I've also cut back on those drastically, LOL. I thank the heavens that I love water because I know some people have a very hard time cutting back their soda addiction.

And I need to take a course like yours that FORCES me to go to the gym, LOL! Are you going to be a veterinary nurse? That's amazing! I wouldn't be able to do that, I have an unexplainable fear for animals- don't ask, it's a phobia!

My major is Health Service Administration and a Psychology minor. I'm most likely gonna drop my minor though because I don't have the time for it, and I only declared that minor because of my pure interest in psychology. Maybe I'll do something about it after I get my Bachelors and Masters first, but for now, I'm not too concerned about it.

How many more years of college do you have? And how old are you?
Old 08-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #8  
Determined!

Lol Jenn... I'm in NZ - it's winter and I'm freezing my butt off!!!

Bloopers - Yup, I'm super lazy when it comes to exercise! I have to force myself and I try and do fun things so it doesn't feel like exercise. At least with the group class at course we all have a laugh cos we're suffering together!!!

Yes I'll be qualified as a vet nurse at the end of November I'm already working part time as one which is exciting, but can be very nervewracking!! There is still so much I need to learn!! Awww, I'm sad for you that you can't enjoy animals!! They are my life!!! I'm 27, I've been doing office work for the past ten years and decided I needed a life change

Wow, that sounds like you've got a long study road ahead of you if you're doing a bachelors and a masters!!! What do you want to do after you've done your study?