Old 08-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 287/249.6/179

Height: 5'5"

1yr2mkovr - its hard to not see the results we want on the scale. I've decided to step away from the scale for 2 weeks because I'm worried I'm getting obsessed with that number. My body is toning up, my clothes are starting to fit different and I FEEL so much healthier - I think this is the important thing... not the number underneath me.

Quiet Ballerina - It seems like forever!! You work AND do classes? Good for you! I've started using being a student as an excuse to avidly avoid working...

beahawkins - congrats!! what a great feeling

namaste984 - sounds like a great WW meeting! I'd love to go back to WW but the group that was around where I live had women a lot older than me, I always felt out of place. Have fun shopping!!

-----

I did my very first Zumba fitness session... unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) my aunt gave me the advanced DVD so it was INTENSE. I lasted for about 10 minutes before I went to get water, sat on a chair and just didn't get back up. LOL... at least I tried, right? Also, that .7lbs I put on is gone now... I always weigh my self at the same time of the day and naked, so maybe I was just retaining some water or something? Who knows. Regardless I'm putting the scale aside for a little while so I can just focus on feeling good... I need to avoid that number for a little bit.
katiekish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #47  

I'm gonna hop in too, I guess! Hello everyone!

Not much to report except for the fact that I'm extremely bored at work. Less than 40 minutes and I can go home! Then a meeting with my wedding coordinator about ceremony music!
odalisque0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #48  
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

KatieKish: Thanks!! : ) Zumba can be a lot of fun. I know a lot of the churches around where I live that have free Zumba classes a few nights a week. I went twice with one of my friends who is a twig. She is great at it. But there were more people like me who were tripping over themselves. There were a lot of people at various levels so I didn't feel out of place. Do you have many free fitness things around you?
The number doesn't have to be everything. It could mean that you're gaining muscle! Always good!!
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #49  
bee

Picking out ceremony music sounds fun! I have a friend who walked down the aisle to a song from the lord of the rings.. And another from Final Fantasy? I guess inspiration can come from anywhere : )
Old 08-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/148

Height: 5'11

Thanks for the welcome!

katiekish- Zumba is a lot of fun but yeah I guess it would be scary starting out at advanced. It definitely works you out though!

Hey odalisque0!-Have fun picking out the ceremony music! We had friends that just got married that went down the aisle to a beautiful Finnish wedding song beautifully sung and accompanied with a guitar. I just got engaged (on Monday!) and am very much looking forward to jumping into plan mode. Keep us updated!
The Jolly Green Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #51  

beahawkins: i live smack dab in the middle of downtown toronto, so is suspect that there are quite a few free things around. The community center up the road has free water aerobics, zumba and all the normal sports that community centers have. i decided to just do the video because i like to work out in the early morning, and most of the classes i've seen are after 4pm.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #52  
bee

KatieKish: Well that is understandable!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

namaste984: Yeah. I do write down what I eat, but I'm afraid that in this case I went too far the other way. So Starting today, I'm actually eating more. I think my body is in full on starvation mode and is holding onto every calorie. So I probably won't have great progress this week, but I def want to get my body back in a healthy way.

katiekish: That's brave of you to do!!! I am def holding onto my scales. When I was moving across the country I packed the scales away a month early as an experiment, for the same reasons as you, but then a month later I weighed like 5lbs more. So I know that I need it to keep me honest and on track (I'm a great liar when it come to me lying to myself ). But this is a very individual preference so it may work for you!
1yr2mkovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #54  

well i'll keep counting calories and working out, so i shouldn't gain any weight! ... at least i hope not
Old 08-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #55  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by beahawkins View Post
Picking out ceremony music sounds fun! I have a friend who walked down the aisle to a song from the lord of the rings.. And another from Final Fantasy? I guess inspiration can come from anywhere : )
You would think so, but I have actually found it an absolute nightmare to find happy, romantic, not overly cheesey wedding music. A nightmare I say!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:25 AM   #56  
bee

Well if you get stuck, you could always just choose something off the wall and goofy. Oiy!! or I just remembered!! Vitamin Strings Quartet. They cover sooo many songs with their string instruments. Eventually, on that far off day, I might go to them.. If I don't run off to Vegas instead.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Jolly Hi! Welcome. Congrats on the engagement!

Beahawkins congrats on mini goal!

1yr2mkovr Good luck! Just eat good food to up your calories. And drink lots of water!

katiekish Yup. Work 45 every week, Mon-Fri, and have night classes 3 nights a week. Mondays are the worst: a 3 hour night class on punctuation. Can you imagine a 3 hour lecture ONLY on semicolons and colons? Because that was my Monday this week.

oooo Zumba? That's been on my "try this out!" list for a while now.

odalisque0 Welcome! When's the big day?

Oh man...so, I browse pinterest from time to time, but I didn't sign up for it because I didn't want to be forced into changing my facebook to the 'timeline' setup. Well, facebook told me the other day that I have to change over to timeline on August 15th (boo) so...something tells me I'll be joining pinterest then too.

I have sad, sad news. I think my cell phone is reaching the end. I really need it to hold on until February when I can get an upgrade. But I woke up at 5.30 this morning (not on purpose) and my cell phone said it was 1.30. I paused. Looked at my clock and ipod. Blinked a few times. Yup, cell phone still read 1.30. It fixed itself after a minute or so, but that makes me nervous! I use that as my alarm. Better switch to something else.
Or I could look at this in a positive light: It's my cell phone whispering "go. go get a smart phone. you've stuck with me for so long. treat yourself...."

Last edited by Quiet Ballerina; 08-09-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

behawkins: Wedding music can be so weird! My cousins are metal fans so while the music during most of the wedding ceremony was the mostly typical one, their wedding song was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfC9n8OgUG4.

Quiet Ballerina I am from Cyprus since you are asking. A very small island in the Mediterranean sea.

katiekish Zumba rocks but starting from advanced must have been really tiring. I try to find youtube videos for beginners.

I am preparing my suitcase for tomorrow night because I work in the afternoon. Poland is apparently quite cold now and I have to take winter clothes with me. I can't think about winter clothes when in Cyprus is 45 oC. It seems bizzare to me.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Ballerina View Post

katiekish Yup. Work 45 every week, Mon-Fri, and have night classes 3 nights a week. Mondays are the worst: a 3 hour night class on punctuation. Can you imagine a 3 hour lecture ONLY on semicolons and colons? Because that was my Monday this week.

oooo Zumba? That's been on my "try this out!" list for a while now.

I have sad, sad news. I think my cell phone is reaching the end. I really need it to hold on until February when I can get an upgrade. But I woke up at 5.30 this morning (not on purpose) and my cell phone said it was 1.30. I paused. Looked at my clock and ipod. Blinked a few times. Yup, cell phone still read 1.30. It fixed itself after a minute or so, but that makes me nervous! I use that as my alarm. Better switch to something else.
Or I could look at this in a positive light: It's my cell phone whispering "go. go get a smart phone. you've stuck with me for so long. treat yourself...."

Wow, that's a busy schedule! What class are you taking that you're spending 3 hours on semicolons and colons?!!? I'd go crazy!!

Definitely try Zumba, it's amazing!! The advanced DVD is intense, but after 5 minutes I'm sweating like crazy and it feels like only 1 minute has gone by. I love it.

Sometimes if a cell phone is sitting dormant for a while the clock will take a few seconds to switch. It is still keeping the right time but the display is slightly behind in an effort to conserve your battery. Sounds like your phone is just getting a little tired. It should last until February - but then again smart phones are faaaantasticc.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #60  
bee

preetyladyserenity: That song is intense. I bet it was a fun wedding though!
Have fun on your trip!

Quiet Ballerina: I do not know how you do it! Oh. So this may be a little weird. I have this cell phone. It was free for me. I start a new plan sometime next month. (the boy is making (harshly advising) me to wait until the iphone 5 comes out. So that even if I don't like it. The 4s will be insanely cheap. I know this is logical. But I'm horribly impatient. Anyways back on track. The girl that gave me the phone made me promise to pass the phone on when I am done. So if you have sprint or know how to change the phone to another service.. I have been told this can be done? I can send this your way when I get my new one.

Last edited by beahawkins; 08-09-2012 at 04:46 PM.