Old 06-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/195/150

Height: 5'7

Question weighing on different scales?

Do you weigh yourself away from home?

I'm going to be away from home for almost 3 weeks, but in many different places. Each scale I use are likely to have varying readings so I take my daily weight with a grain of salt, theoretically speaking.

Do you weigh yourself like normal away from home or slack off a bit until you are back home with your normal scales?
blue dogweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #2  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

If I can I bring my scales with me, if not I just don't weigh and I pay attention to what I'm eating and how much I'm moving.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1

If I was away, I wouldn't weight in probably. If you are so concerned about the weighing in, is it possible if you could bring your scales? I was first weighed in the doctors so when I got my own scales, I thought I could get a different reading. Maybe a pound up or down from the doctors but it was the exact same.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I do if it is just one other scale. For example, we stayed with my grandparents for two weeks and I used hers. However if I had to use more than one I would just continue my diet as I would at home and weigh again when I am home or maybe one other time while I am gone. But if you can bring your own scale thats a good idea too.
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

I'd probably wait.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeilaJey View Post
If I can I bring my scales with me
Same. I bring my scale with me if I'm getting there by a mode of transportation that doesn't require me to watch the weight of my suitcase.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

Embarrassingly enough I am too fat for a lot of scales. I can't find any home scales that go up to my size. There are few I know so I am limited. I found a clinic a shortish bus ride away that has a gym connected to an obesity programme it runs. Their scales go comfortably to my weight so I use these. If I am away from home it is unlikely I can weigh myself. The consistency is a good thing, I think.
xxx
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/195/150

Height: 5'7

Taking the scale would be great! Especially since I'll be gone so long.
Unfortunately, I can't afford the added weight/ taken space in my suitcase.

So far, everywhere I'm staying will have a scale of some kind. So maybe ill just weigh based on the individual scale I'm using that week instead of basing it off of my home scale.

Or just skip the scale and focus more on my food choices and exercise! I like that one better I think.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
blue dogweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #9  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Hmm I never thought of bringing the scale with me, but I usually ask the hotel I'm staying at if they have one, if I stay with someone I think from now on I'll bring my scale... "watching" what I eat doesn't seem to work unless I can weigh in, and I always see an increase when I come back!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 132/100/100

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dogweed View Post
Taking the scale would be great! Especially since I'll be gone so long.
Unfortunately, I can't afford the added weight/ taken space in my suitcase.

So far, everywhere I'm staying will have a scale of some kind. So maybe ill just weigh based on the individual scale I'm using that week instead of basing it off of my home scale.

Or just skip the scale and focus more on my food choices and exercise! I like that one better I think.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Definitely don't weigh yourself on other scales. I went on holiday for 2 weeks. I started at 110 lbs. In the last week of my holiday I discovered the hotel had a scale. So I started weighing myself everyday and the day before I left, it told me I was 107lbs. I was ecstatic until I reached home and realised that my normal scale said 109lbs . Losing those 2 pounds was a bit disheartening simply because I thought I'd already lost them! But I focused on the fact I had predicted a gain during my holidays and was more than happy with any loss!

I'm not sure which scale was more accurate (their's was one of those they use to weigh baggage as well!) but I prefer the consistency of my normal scale.
Kayriel is offline   Reply With Quote