Old 06-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #1  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Default ***June Chat Thread***

I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes starting this thread *gulp*

Let's chat it up, everyone! Talk about your day, your good times and your bad times. Have a story to share? This is the place to do it!!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Hi everyone! My day is going pretty good I guess. Kids and I didn't wake up till 11! Crazyness! Now I am watching Cars for the millionth time. Going on our family bike ride this afternoon. Last time we went a dog chased us and I totally freaked out. My husband was laughing at me because I started hauling, where before I was going too slow because it was near the end and I was getting tired.
The dog was tiny! I am such a wimp!
What are yall's plans this weekend?
I wanna bike ride to the park and have a picnic with the kids. Our pool is open so we most likely will hit that up too. Other than that, I plan to lazy around a little and watch some tv. Since we exercise now tv has been put on the back burner and our shows are piling up. I am pretty excited for the 4th of july.
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #3  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Ash2007 hahaha! Bloody dogs eh, and it's always the small ones. I had something similar happen recently on my nice relaxing cycle. It was trying to bite my feet and my feet were trying to bite it's face. In the end I just sped off without either of us making contact. Ahhh you have a pool? I'm so jealous.

I cycled down a country lane to my neighbour's house earlier and I guess I was going pretty fast because there was a dead fly on my forehead when I got there. I had a pretty disgusting day of lifting/dragging pallets (big heavy ones) across a mucky field. Every time I lifted one up I had a good look at the emmm "creatures" underneath. I'm sure it was a really great workout though haha, that's the upside.. last year I didn't think about it like that.

Have a great Friday everyone!
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #4  
Samantha

I've been doing Insanity all week, and although I'm hating life in the moment, I'm loving it after! The only problem is that my blood pressure has lowered this week, and I think it's because of the drastic change in activity (I've always done an hour cardio, but never insanity). I had two appointments this week for my upcoming job, and they've had to check my blood pressure. In the beginning of the month, it was 112/64, now it's been around 100/61. Not that big of a change, but apparently it's being indicated as borderline low, and I'm noticing it during my workouts now. I couldn't maintain my balance today during the stretching activities, and I felt light headed a couple times and had to sit down. I'm drinking TONS of water, so I know that's not the problem!

I have nothing to do this weekend besides a baby shower tomorrow. I'm SOOOO tired of bridal/baby showers. I know that my time will come, but for right now, it's tiring to constantly give. The shower is at an italian restaurant tomorrow. The food is DELICIOUS, but I've been eating really healthy this week, so I know my body is going to shut down tomorrow from the food. I might just pick on salad because I really don't feel like having an internal battle with myself.

Ash: it's those little ankle biter dogs that you have to look out for! Have fun with the bike rides!!
LeilaJay: LOL at the fly incident!! I wouldn't have been able to move those pallets...not because they were heavy, but because I would have been having a mental breakdown about the critters!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #5  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

sammalamma I'm sure they don't call it insanity for nothing. Take care of yourself though.. hopefully it'll level out again soon when your body adjusts to the...insanity. Oh god, I can't stop.

I'm sure you can get a tasty salad anyway, or maybe they'll have other options that aren't just pasta + meat + cheese (what a magical combination). Your time will come!

Ahhhhh I know, I think the slugs were the worst because I didn't want to touch them so I had to really awkwardly carry some of them. On the last one I swear there were so many spiders it even freaked me out a bit and I'm well used to them. They were really fast ones.. I just kicked the crate for a while until I couldn't see them and went for it. I think tomorrow's going to be a less wild day haha! I'm driving home for a visit for a few days by myself this time.. gonna stop at the beach

I think I might be going over my calories today.. friend just called and is bringing cider. Yay.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1

Hey everyone

Today is my first day at my diet plan and exercise and it went pretty well! I went on a slow paced walk today for about 2 hours and than a brisk walk for an hour in the evening as well as starting weights for the first time! I was able to go for 5 minutes before my arms getting sore!! :P I was going to try add a minute every 2/3 days maybe and increase that number. Diet plan was mostly stuck too... bar the cupcake I bought... It was needed today though!

After my first day, I feel like I'll be able to maintain the calories recommended to me on myfitnesspal but think I could struggle with the carbs, fats and protein! Not going to give up. The odd thing is I have SO much motivation to lose weight and try hard at this, I really do. It's just a case of actually seeing results with all the changes I've made to my diet.

During my slow paced walked, I went job hunting! I'm off college for the summer and need a job. In my town would be wonderful but just nothing going it seems. I'm going to start having to look elsewhere.

Don't have plans for the weekend - other than exercise and sticking to diet plan! It's a bank holiday here this weekend. All my friends are going out but I'm not. Don't really have the money to be going out (or the spare calories :P) but I just wanted to get into bed and watch a movie for the evening which is exactly what I am doing!

I have one problem though. There is a reallllllllly big spider in the hall of the house and my mum is refusing to get rid of it and I won't go near it because I'm terrified of spiders. It has a huge body too! Don't know what to do about this problem. Get this idea of it coming into my room (even though the door is fully closed over) and me waking up with it on me or something! Stressing me out!

Last edited by Dreamer2012; 06-01-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

Hi Dreamer! Good luck in the job hunt... anything in particular you look for? AND GOOD LUCK SLAYING THAT SPIDER!!

I too am looking forward to a long weekend. I am going today to a local festival, helping at the kids craft area. I love it, I adore working with children and also doing crafts! I am going to a little party later at a local cafe... there is a promise of lots of cake... oh wow, HELP!! He he!!
xxxx
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies!

Samma, thanks for starting a new thread! I'm sure you didn't step on anyone's toes. Keep us updated on the blood pressure situation. What could cause that?

Leila - LMBO about the fly! Hahaha!! That is too funny!

Ash - ahhh...to sleep to 11! I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I'm sure my back would be aching and would be tossing and turning from about 6am on. Ha! I hate dogs that think they are all bad knowing they can't do anything because they are so little. My neighbor has a yapper and she drives me crazy. Always barking at me even though she knows who I am. I'm sure your bike ride was a funny sight though. Haha!

Dreamer
- just go squish it with a shoe. I'm sure it won't know what's coming. Good luck with your new diet plan. I used to use myfitnesspal, but I've gotten out of the habit. I need to get back on it.

As for me, well, I accepted a job offer for a 4th grade Reading & Language Arts teacher position! However, it's at a school that is a 2hr drive from where we live now. Which means we are going to have to move. The school is an area of the state that we've been wanting to move to, but I didn't really think I would get an offer from over there. So, now I have taken a leap of faith and we are planning on moving in about 2 months! So, we need lots of prayers! DH and I both have friends who live over there and thankfully, they are helping us out some by keeping eyes and ears open for any houses that we may can rent. My friend said the kids and I could possibly stay with her until I get my first pay check. Unfortunately, I won't get it until the end of August after I've already been working a month. That's going to be the hardest part of this move. DH will have to stay where we live now until I can start getting paid, then he will be able to quit his job, and find something in the other area. Ugh...I hate not having a definite plan in place, but I know something will work out.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #9  

Height: 5'2"

hey everyone..haven't posted in a while. went to a party yesterday and started to get really down on myself because i didn't like what i was wearing and felt that i looked really fat. such a crappy feeling, and i can't wait to never feel like that again

i spent the whole month of may juggling the same pound and a half and making literally no progress at all. it's really upsetting and it's gotten to me. but, i'm more determined than ever to break into the 130s and stay there.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #10  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Hi. I got mcdonalds today and realized I was stupid. So I only ate half the fries and threw 3 chicken nuggets out. Ick....I feel yucky.
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #11  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Sgregg- what a wonderful but stressful change! Sometimes moving can be really good but it will definitely mess up your routine a little! Good luck and stay strong.
Dreamer- ahh, the beginning. Stay strong girl!
I both am terrified of spiders and feel very guilty for killing them. House spiders eat cockroaches, and I loathe cockroaches, so I go Easy on the spiders now and have no cockroaches. Good luck with that.
Sammalamma I hope your blood pressure problem works out. Mine was super high and just got into a Normal range thanks to meds and hopefully diet.
I agree with sgregg, keep us posted.
Leilajay just- omg about all the bugs your day involved lol.

I'm obvs going to jump right in here I've been slacking on my 3fc visitation the past couple of weeks because I've been on vacation but I'm getting back into the swing of life now that summer semester is about to start.
I'm having a high carb day today (that included taco bell!!) because I'm trying to bust a mini-plateau and move into the 230's. Enjoying my favorite snack now- a glass of white Zinfandel and a light babybel. Yum.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #12  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygurl61 View Post
Hi. I got mcdonalds today and realized I was stupid. So I only ate half the fries and threw 3 chicken nuggets out. Ick....I feel yucky.
Omfg lurrrrve mcnuggets. I just want to go get one of those 50-piece and eat it all!! Not really but maybe definitely the 20 piece. Lol. Poison!
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #13  
Samantha

Shauna: Ahhh!! congrats on the job! Sounds like it's going to be a crazy 2 months for you but it's totally going to be worth it!

The blood pressure thing isn't bothering me now. I finished my first week of Insanity, and I wasn't dizzy at all yesterday. Actually I haven't been dizzy at all since that one spell I had a couple days ago. TOM was also in the neighborhood, so that might have affected my BP as well.

I tentatively start my job on wednesday, and I'm so excited to start! I'm ready to finally get paid for what I do instead of volunteering my services in grad school! haha!

I made burgers (lean patties) and corn on the cob for dinner. For dessert, I marinated strawberries in balsamic vinaigrette, rolled them in brown sugar, and grilled them! I had them with some vanilla ice cream...DELISH!

Hope everyone had a good and relaxing weekend and is ready to take on another week!
Old 06-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #14  

Samma -The strawberry thing sounds interesting. We may have to try that here! Good luck on your first day! I can't wait to get my first pay check.

Crazy - good for you on throwing out the nuggets. You could have eaten all of them, right? But you didn't. So, be happy that you didn't.

val - Don't beat yourself up. There is always the next day to "start over." You can do it!!

munchie - What are you going to school for?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #15  

Good morning, all!

So, we decided that right now was not the right time for a move, so I turned the job down. I felt really bad because I had already told the principal that I would accept the position and she had already sent my info over to be approved. But anyway, I have not signed a contract so there really isn't anything she could do. Now I'm still job hunting. I know something will come up. I just need to be patient and do my best at the next interviews. I have one tomorrow for a 5th grade position in a nearby city, so we won't have to move.

Anyway, DH had the idea to make some steak sandwiches last night and they turned out really good. However, they made feel sick after I ate it. I may have eaten too much. I don't want to get on the scale this morning..haha! But I will suck it up and do it anyway.

I hope everyone is having a good week. Give us some updates on your life! This chat thread is made so we don't HAVE to talk about weight loss/gain all the time.

Have a great day!