Old 06-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #46  

Height: 5'2"

ah, finally! i saw 137 on the scale about mid-day yesterday. that's a new low since i started. glimmer of hope!
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #47  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Yay Val!

135.6...TOM!
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #48  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I refuse to weigh myself.

...I lied. 145. Sigh. Better be muscle. I've been eating VERY good since sunday now.

Work's busy and it's still orientation!!

Val: congrats!

Shauna: hopefully you get to see the zoo soon! I love the zoo! I haven't been there in 17 years! I went to the Philly Zoo about 3 weeks ago....so fun!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:07 AM   #49  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Ooh zoos...Unfortunately I don't think that there are any near me. Last time I was living in Japan, there was an AWESOME zoo right next to my train station (it had pandas!) I think that the closest thing that Gunma has is a bird enclosure in the local park.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I bought a fitbit yesterday! It's something I've been thinking about for months but I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend so much money on it. Yesterday I was at Target getting some new headphones (broke my old ones accidentally, oops) and right next to the headphones were the fitbits. It was fate! So I thought about it while I did my other shopping and wound up buying one.

AND it stopped me from buying chips! Because I was thinking about getting a mini bag when I was paying for my purchases, but they're at the front of the store. To get a fitbit, I had to pay for my stuff in the electronics department. Since I didn't grab the chips before I got the fitbit, I couldn't get them.

Nearly time for work. I'll update later (if the internet works....yesterday it was out the entire time I was at work.)
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I went wedding dress shopping yesterday (eek) it went better than I thought it would. Not ready to buy but it was exciting to see myself in dresses. My body is already looking better and I want a fit and flare (which didn't look half bad even at this weight) so it was great motivation to keep going!
lilkel244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #52  
Stubborn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkel244 View Post
I went wedding dress shopping yesterday (eek) it went better than I thought it would. Not ready to buy but it was exciting to see myself in dresses. My body is already looking better and I want a fit and flare (which didn't look half bad even at this weight) so it was great motivation to keep going!
I'm sure you'll look amazing! I hate trying on clothes, so I've been avoiding stores even though none of my pants fit any more. I'm glad that you had a more positive experience.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies! Our little family vacation went well. Baby Girl took it ok. Wednesday night was rough, but she eventually fell asleep. Last night was a much better night and she woke up in a wonderful mood this morning. We made it back home this afternoon. Here's a pic of BG in her new swimsuit!

Anyway, we had a good time. And we only ate out once and that was to get a hamburger from a nice little diner in DH's home town. We bought groceries and kept them in the room. Thank goodness for hotel rooms with fridges!

Anyway, I've joined the Halloween challenge and my goal is to lose 20 lbs. in 20 weeks. I think that is totally doable at my weight. And if I meet that goal I will finally be under 200!! So, I'm super pumped about it right now. I usually lose motivation after a couple of weeks of staying on track so I'm going to need lots of encouraging.

lilkel244 - Wedding dress shopping can be so exciting! Share some pics!

QB - I still don't know exactly what a fitbit is. I'm going to have to look it up, I guess. Good job on skipping the chips! Woohoo!

Samma - maybe it is muscle. Good job for staying on plan even though your weight is not cooperating with you! I try to go to the zoo every couple of years at least. Of course, when you have kids you have a better excuse to go. We usually go to the Memphis Zoo. It's pretty nice. I'd like to check out Birmingham's zoo one day.

Hotaruchan
- I hate trying on clothes...seems like I'm always in between sizes.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #54  
Stubborn.

I think that I'm going to have to give in and go buy pants today...I just put on one of my pairs of jeans, sat at my computer, and when I stood back up, the pants didn't entirely come with me. I'm going to try to see if I can find Japanese size equivalents before I go though...it's always kinda soul-crushing when you try on a million different things that are too small trying to figure out your size.

sgregg: I'm in the Halloween challenge too...it's my favorite holiday, and I'm going to try to lose 25. Not sure if it's possible, but I'm going to try like **** anyway. Japanese people tend to have smaller builds and I'm starting to get really tired of being the only fat chick at work It's good to hear that your family enjoyed your vacation!

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 06-15-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #55  
Stubborn.

Well, that could have gone worse...I got two pairs of pants, and while they were in the Japanese plus section, from googling, apparently 76 cm translates to about a US size 8. Considering that I went in in a pair of 12s, that's not too shabby I also managed to find a nice top and dress for work and two braided belts that I can adjust to whatever size I want them to be. No more peek-a-boo undies!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Hotaruchan - That's awesome!!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #57  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

so about that staying on plan thing...not this weekend. It's been a very tiring weekend emotionally and mentally, so I've fallen behind two days in Insanity. On friday I had to skip it because my knee was popping so I didn't want to push things. Yesterday, I got my boyfriend to try insanity with me, but his knee started to hurt too (we're such a perfect match...) so he sat and watched me, and I had to stop after 15 minutes because my stomach was cramping....and we well...uh...changed to a different type of work out

Today I'm just dead tired and have NO energy what so ever. So throughout this week I'm going to catch up on my Insanity program and really try to eat well. I have nothing in the way of making me eat bad...I'm just a horrible decision maker. But I guess on the bright side...I ate all the bad food so it's gone! hahah

TLC is having a wedding marathon today...four weddings, randy to the rescue, and my big fat american gypsy wedding. I'm in LOVE. Now I just need the ring!! (boyfriend and I had a chat, he pretty much indirectly said that within this year, we'll be moving to the next level )

Shauna: glad to hear the trip went well! BG looks too stinkin' cute!!!

QuietBallerina: dumb dumb moment- what's a fitbit?

Hotaruchan: a US size 8 is plus size in Japan?? CRAZY. But congrats on the pant size drop!!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #58  
Stubborn.

I can fit into normal tops here (loose is in style), but normal pants seem to go from 56 cm to 70 cm (22" to 27.6"). As my waist is the biggest problem area, it seems pretty unlikely that I'll be getting into normal Japanese pants any time soon. I was just glad that I found SOMETHING that fit...my old pants were driving me up a wall.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

samma it's (basically) a fancy pedometer. But it tracks steps/miles/calories/flights of stairs/activity levels. There's a docking station that plugs into your computer's USB drive. When you get close to the docking station, it automatically syncs. You can also track sleep on the website (based on how much you move during the night) and log food. And there's a little flower that grows based on how active you are that day. And you earn badges for things like 5,000 steps in one day, 10 flights of stairs in one day, etc.

I'm so bummed. I was doing well with working out, but then Friday around mid-day I started feeling awful at work and it's only gotten worse. have spent the entire weekend in bed, so no workouts. I'm staying home from work tomorrow so hopefully I start feeling better soon. Dang germs!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #60  
Fellow cyster!

S/C/G: 170/170/150

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Well, that could have gone worse...I got two pairs of pants, and while they were in the Japanese plus section, from googling, apparently 76 cm translates to about a US size 8. Considering that I went in in a pair of 12s
Congrats on finding pants AND going down a size! Pants shopping is the worst, in my opinion. I think I'm not going to even look at new pants until I lose weight. It's always so discouraging!
claristotle is offline   Reply With Quote