Something Cool for University Chicks

• So I found something awesome through my university gym today: it's called the Rec Pack. Basically, to get into the university gym you need to swipe your student card, and then again when you leave. So it records how long you are there for. Now, if you're part of this rec pack thing, it gives you a point for every 1/2 hour of exercise (you can also report your own hours online). There's also other criteria for getting a point (don't eat junk for a week, visit the doctor for your annual check up, etc). After a certain number of points they give you prizes. Tshirts, water bottles, stuff like that.

Apparently, most universities have something similar in place, so maybe check it out?
  • That's so cool! I don't think we have one of those at mine. I've never actually used my gym pass for the school because everyone tells me it's always so busy and cramped.. So that's a no for now! Maybe in September I will check it out!
  • That's awesome! Too bad I didn't know about it before I graduated...though I don't think my university had it.
  • When I buy my books for Summer I, I'm going to see if my school activity center does this! That would rock so hard!
  • My old YMCA in Decatur, Ga had a program like this as well.

And seriously, take advantage of your University Rec Center. I definitely miss mine. It was the nicest gym I've ever had access to. It also had a lot of awesome outdoors programs for much cheaper than you would find elsewhere.