3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Legs?

Old 05-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #16

S/C/G: 298/261/175

Height: 5'10

there's no shame in curves! in the 30s and 40s pear and hourglass ruled the roost... inject a little more jessica rabbit when you visualize yourself at goal weight, and find a killer dress to match
healthy and happy is the sexiest outfit around!
rosiewink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #17

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

I know the feeling! but I guarantee they will go down. My legs took 70lbs to look any different, and while they are smaller and have definition now, I don't think I will ever be happy with them. They aren't, and will never be slim, model-like legs, I describe them as "sturdy" but we all have our gripes. Cardio, yoga, weights and diet all helped, if you are losing weight, it will eventually go from your thighs, you just have to stick with it.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #18

Height: 5'7

Pear shaped here too.
Im starting to "run" on an elliptical because of knee problems and it seems to be helping, more so if I use the incline option.
For the first time in a long time my thighs arent touching in the middle. But looks like ill be adding some variation like others suggested to help further it along.
blue dogweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #19
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

They'll go down! Lift weights .

I'm pear shaped and recently having kind of a weird problem with my hips being so wide-set that I've got a gap between my thighs... but my thighs are still bigger than I want them to be! It's always something!
Old 06-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #20
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I don't know what you mean by "normal" legs?
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #21

S/C/G: 154/149/130

Height: 5'4"

It's interesting, I have always wondered what kind of body type I am. I'm either pear or apple. I know I gain weight pretty much everywhere, but I feel like my stomach and thighs are the heaviest. My arms aren't pretty either, but I feel like right now my stomach being fat determines me as an apple shape... but I have a feeling that my thighs, although kinda chunky, my hips are pretty wide in general, so genetically I have a pear shaped body maybe, but my body tends to store more fat on my stomach. Does anybody else feel these discrepancies?

Mini Goals:
149 - Get under 150 - ACHIEVED 23/05/2012
145 - Normal BMI
130's - Haven't seen that in a while
130 - ULTIMATE GOAL!
<130 - If I decide to keep going, we'll see
spiritualflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #22

S/C/G: 168/138/129

Height: 5'4"

I'm a pear shape, and having lost a lot of weight all over my body, my thighs and legs are still much bigger than I would like them to be. I started jogging about 2 weeks ago and noticed that my legs are getting fitter because of this, which is nice. But I really need to be close to my goal weight for the weight loss to start working on my legs. Guess that's just the way pear shape works lol. My arms and chest get skinny, but my bottom's like: what's up, upper half, I haven't even gotten started yet! But for sure, as you lose more, your proportions will get closer to hour-glass shape (or so I've noticed with myself anyway).

Never, EVER, give up.

Last edited by TheWildcat : 06-04-2012 at 09:38 AM.
TheWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #23

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Heh my thighs are HUGE! To add to it I have no butt and then my waist is super tiny. I wear size 14 on tops and size 18 on pants. You just have to learn to like them as time passes by. One of the great benefits of having big thighs is that you can wear this nice 50s style shirts that open as they go down without looking abnormal. In fact my wardrobe has started getting filled with skirts in the part year and I abolished the pants.

preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #24
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I have the big thighs/no butt issue too, but unfortunately my waist is far from tiny :/ Part of the issue seems to be that I gain muscle in my legs fast without actually losing the fat on top. A-line skirts are my friend.

Mini Goal: 170 lbs by August 11th (It'll be a very happy birthday indeed)--Reached 7/25/12
Mini Goal #2: Normal BMI (under 155 lbs)--Reached 12/3/12
5 lbs gets me a dragonfly:
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #25
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

Big thighs run in my family and I am no exception unfortunately. My thighs have gotten a little smaller while I lost weight but to be honest I wish it was more so. My friend is a little bigger but has gorgeous legs! She told me that a combination of running, weights/resistance and yoga keeps her legs the way they are. I think I am going to give her routine a try and see if it helps me.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #26
Hi there!

S/C/G: All time high: 210 lbs

Height: 5' 5"

I have...not an apple shape (my waist does go in more than that), but a straight body shape. There's very little junk in my trunk and my hips and legs are relatively small (not that they feel like that most days).

But I have friends who are very pear-shaped. And I can attest that when they lose weight, they also lose it in the hip/leg/butt areas. But those tend to lose weight slower than the torso.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.