Old 05-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Default vacation...

My husband took a vacation and has been off since Thursday.. we also haven't really exercised since! UGH! He told me it is his "vacation" so he doesn't want to work out in the heat. We have also been crazy busy and out of town for one of those days. I understand he means well.. but I really NEED my exercise. I feel like crap! I feel so fat, despite what the scale says. Luckily (and unluckily because I will totally miss him not being around) he is going back to work after monday. So back to our exercise routine.. even if I have to drag him out of the house, we are going!
We did find a awesome kids bike trailer on craigslist. so now we can start going out on the bikes with the kids.. I am excited about this because walking gets old after awhile and skating gives me huge blisters.
I did go to walmart today and get a bathing suit, something I haven't done since I was like at least 12. It was not a horrible experiance.. I would love to fit into the tiny ones..but not wearing a t-shirt will do for now. Next summer, I will be in a cute bathing suit for SURE!
Hope everyone is having a good weekend..
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #2  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Nice job on the bathing suit! That's always a nice feeling

I must ask though, why can't you exercise on your own?
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #3  

I am weird. I think it has to do with my dad, because he is super paranoid about stuff too but I just can not bring myself to go alone. I feel like I am gonna get killed. In my defense there are more than enough weirdo's out where I live. twice a homeless dude followed us around where we are walking so.. yeah.. I think I need to get over this one day.. but for now I feel a lot better going with him. If I had a friend that would go with me, I would. I am also running around doing things with my husband too so the day kinda passes.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #4  

oh and usually I will just go to my dads house to use their treadmill if my husband doesn't want to work out. but my dad just had surgery and I don't feel right letting my kids run around their house destroying things while I work out....
Old 05-29-2012, 04:10 AM   #5  
keep going

Sorry to hear that too, I know it can be frustrating to not feel safe like that. Would you try some self defence classes?

Well in that case would you be able to do a workout inside your own home in a plan B situation? Sometimes I get a Zumba video on youtube and do that for a while and mix in some different exercises and do lots of squats, lunges and some yoga too. Or you could invest in some home workout system. The only piece of equipment I have is a little stepper with bungee chords but I actually really like it and it was cheap (60). I usually just use it on days when the weather is rubbish and can't go outside.

It's lovely that you guys do your exercise together but I think it's good to have a back up plan for yourself too just in case
Old 05-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #6  

Yeah my dad pretty much has a home gym, that is usually plan b.. he had a normal routine surgery that went wrong and has been recovering for a lot longer than expected. I want to get a elliptical or maybe a stationary bike for our apartment but they are so freaking expensive! I do have a dvd I brought, but it is so hard! Sure, I guess I could have done it while he was on vacation but really none of those days we were home.. I am actually now pretty happy I put it on the back burner for a few days. I am totally excited to go today. I have a huge problem when it comes to exercising at home, since I live upstairs and my neighbors already complain about the tv.. I could only imagine if I was jumping around in here! lol.
Not to mention my husbands entire family has passed away way sooner than they should have from heart disease.. the man has to exercise even if he likes it or not... he usually likes it though.
I have been thinking about also walking around our apartment complex.. our swimming pool is also open now.. those are things I do not think would be that bad to do during the day while he is at work.

Did I mention I have a one year old and a four year old? That is also kinda hard to mix in since they usually are running different directions and there are two of them and one of me! And put only one of them in a stroller and the other screams their head off because apparently it is unfair to allow one to walk while the other has the ride in the stroller.

My husband has great hours so it is great that there is plenty of time to exercise once he comes home from work. We also make it a family thing.

But you are totally right, I need a plan c! (my dads is plan b, but that back fired this weekend) I need to start saving for a machine that is mostly noiseless to use here at home.. I have been looking at craigslist but nothing so far...
Old 05-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #7  
keep going

I'm saving to get one of these

to save space.. I'll wait until the Winter I think..

but seriously the little stepper thing I have doesn't really make any noise and there's no jumping or anything as you're just moving your legs. I can still work up a sweat when I do lots of exercises with the bungee chords for my arms too.

Anyway, hope you figure something out