Old 05-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/234/175ish

Height: 5'7"

Default My Diet To Go food arrives tomorrow!

Hey everyone! I've been off and on these boards for years now. I'm 24 and lately have just been BLAH. I gained a lot of weight over the past year because I moved back home from FL and my lifestyle changed dramatically. Finally, a few weeks ago, I just got disgusted with myself. I started thinking about how much my weight affects my self esteem, the things I do and don't do, relationships, etc. And then I started thinking about how I'll be turning 25 in December and I'm like, "Dude, I do not want to turn 25 and still feel like this. I want a life." So, here were go! I have been eating much healthier over the last few weeks and walking daily. I'm a vegetarian and I absolutely LOATHE cooking. Nor am I really able to cook anyway. If it doesn't go in a microwave or come from a drive thru window, I don't typically eat it. I also have always struggled with some major depression, even more so lately, so finding the energy/motivation to cook is super hard. So I started looking into meal delivery programs and decided on Diet to Go's vegetarian plan. From what I've read on reviews, the food is pretty good. It all looks good, so I'm excited to try it. I'm starting with the 1600 calorie a day plan, and if all goes well, will hopefully go down to the 1200 calorie plan later on to bump up the weight loss. I'm also hoping that later on, after losing some weight and feeling better, I will start learning to cook a little bit and wean myself off the Diet to Go program. I think this will be a good start for me-- a serious start. I've always had a problem with the food aspect of losing weight. I'm picky, don't eat meat, and hate to cook, so options are somewhat limited and usually lead to things that are not so healthy. This program, I think, will introduce me to some new foods and help give me a kickstart with the weight loss. Not only that, with spending so much money of their food, there's no way I'll be going and spending it on any other food!

My first week of meals arrives tomorrow and I'm so excited to get it!
yammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Awesome! Good luck! I think it's very smart that you're already planning ahead as to how you'll wean yourself off of the food. Make sure you pay attention to portion size.

I liked doing meal delivery (I used a different program) but I got tired of the food after a while. of course, if I had committed to it (and exercise) 100%, I would have been able to stop eating the food sooner!

Not saying that to discourage you though! I hope things go well!!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #3  
Long Hauling It

S/C/G: 365/208/190

Height: 6' 3"

Good luck OP, I hope it does the trick for you.
shapedself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/167/147

Height: 5"10

Nice!! I find following plans like that make it much easier! You will do great!
Rintin is offline   Reply With Quote