Old 05-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #106  

S/C/G: SW 240/ CW 210/ GW 150

Height: 5'7''

Thanks for linking me to this thread, spiritualflow!

I am hopefully going on an exchange to England for my last year of university so I would love to be at my thinnest by September.

I set a date to meet my UGW of 150 by December 1, so I will commit to a goal of 170 by September.
chocoholic21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 154/149/130

Height: 5'4"

A new member! Welcome Chocoholic21! I think your goal weight is great!
spiritualflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #108  

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualflow View Post
A new member! Welcome Chocoholic21! I think your goal weight is great!
hahaha I am so PUMPED!
thanks for starting this up!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #109  

No problem chocoholic21

Does anybody use any workout videos? What are your takes on them. I think I'm going to stick with my Julian Michaels stuff for another few weeks, 3-4 times a week. I might end up doing P90X after. I was wondering if anybody knows any good abs, cardio, and yoga workouts? Because if I don't do P90X, I'm probably going to do a hybrid of several videos eventually. So my weekly routine will include 5-6 days a week of cardio, abs, full body, and yoga videos in alternation. So yea, does anybody else use workout videos?
Old 05-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #110  

Which Jillian Michaels dvds do you have? I am currently doing 30 day shred and loving (read: hating) it. I have seen people have great success using several of Jillian's dvds. Go from 30 day shred to ripped in 30 to 6 week 6 pack to body revolution etc. etc. You could go on forever! :|

I bought *cough downloaded cough* insanity and it really is appropriately named because it looks like people who do that to themselves should be committed. But in all seriousness it is an amazing workout and the results are unbelievable. I'd send you a link but I'm not allowed to yet I think the full name is Shawn T's Insanity.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #111  

Oh, yea I know Insanity LOL I've *coughdownloadedcough* Jillian (why do I keep writing Julian?) Michael's 30 day shred and ripped in 30. I've done a bit of both, 4 workouts in total, I'm liking the ripped in 30 better though. I also have Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer, P90 and P90X. At the moment all I have are 3 and 8lb weights, I want 5 pound ones, and need resistance bands if I want to do any chin-up stuff.

Last edited by spiritualflow; 05-20-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 220/213/199

Height: 5'4''

i'd love to join! this is my first post so bear with me haha. i'm going to be a freshman in college next year so i'm looking at it as a fresh start i'm about 220 now, i'd like to get under 200 before i leave on august 22nd!
jayferks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 158/154/130

Spiritualflow, I'm currently doing Insanity! I also...."bought"...it. But it honestly focuses on abs, cardio, and even yoga in the stretches. And also a lot of muscle building. Chocoholic is right though. It's hard as ****. But I think I'm in love with it. I've never felt more committed to my workouts than I do with Insanity. It doesn't require a lot of space OR any extra equipment (the selling point for me), and Shaun T is WAY cooler than that other loser in P90X.

Jayferks and Chocoholic, welcome!! Can't wait to hear more from you guys!

---

Okay, so I officially completed my first week of Insanity. My boyfriend and I did it together, today, and we were pretty much neck and neck with each other the entire team. That made me feel good! My upper body is just so weak.

I'm super tired and not in much of a blogging mood, so I'm not gonna post my food, but I was pretty good today! About right at 1500 with calories, and pretty well balanced.

It's only 9:40 here in Ohio, but I'm ready for beeeed! Good night friends!

Last edited by Kristi22; 05-19-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Kristi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #114  

Welcome Jayferks! Wishing you luck~

Thanks for the input on Insanity girls I think I'm gunna *buy* it and see what I think of it

*Edit* So I'm downloading it for sure. I just watched the promo video on the BeachBody site. I didn't know that the workouts were only 40 minutes! that's encouraging! I think I am going to start week 2 of Ripped in 30 tomorrow, 5 days a week. And then move on to Insanity! And yea, I've always liked Shaun T's energy, although I've never done his workout's before, just seen them on TV I also really like the fact that it requires NO equipment. That is ridiculous! Anyways, I have it downloading ATM and will try in in a month or so!

*Edit* Just found out that not all video's are 40 minutes. But the average is roughly that Still pumped! I kinda wanna skip Jillian altogether now xD Maybe I will do Ripped in 30 until the end of the month. NOPE. Got it! I'm going to do Ripped in 30 Until June 5th, then do Insanity until my birthday, August 5th! YAY. K enough ranting from my end~

Last edited by spiritualflow; 05-19-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #115  

Yay! I'm excited for you!! I'm also laughing at the train of thought that you just displayed! We are nerds!

Last edited by Kristi22; 05-19-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

Woo, this thread is perfect for me! Add me to that list, please! I began my weight loss journey not so long ago, but I managed to lose about 7 pounds, so I'm excited to lose the rest! I want to be about 120 by the time school starts in August, which is approximately 3 months. That leaves me with about 10 pounds to lose a month. I'm working hard!! I want to go clothes shopping that last week so hopefully it falls off quickly. I don't care if I'm at 125, as long as I'm in the 120's, I'll be happy cause I can just continue losing while in college (:

Can't remember the last time I was in my 120's...
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #117  

Quote:
Welcome Jayferks! Wishing you luck~

Thanks for the input on Insanity girls I think I'm gunna *buy* it and see what I think of it

*Edit* So I'm downloading it for sure. I just watched the promo video on the BeachBody site. I didn't know that the workouts were only 40 minutes! that's encouraging! I think I am going to start week 2 of Ripped in 30 tomorrow, 5 days a week. And then move on to Insanity! And yea, I've always liked Shaun T's energy, although I've never done his workout's before, just seen them on TV I also really like the fact that it requires NO equipment. That is ridiculous! Anyways, I have it downloading ATM and will try in in a month or so!

*Edit* Just found out that not all video's are 40 minutes. But the average is roughly that Still pumped! I kinda wanna skip Jillian altogether now xD Maybe I will do Ripped in 30 until the end of the month. NOPE. Got it! I'm going to do Ripped in 30 Until June 5th, then do Insanity until my birthday, August 5th! YAY. K enough ranting from my end~
Haha, I agree with Kristi about your train of thought. I run these things through my head all day too and when I say them out loud people just look at me like I'm losing it haha.

I want to try insanity too, but I don't know if I'm ready. I know I have to finish the last 12 days of the 30 day shred first, but it's kind of boring in comparison to insanity.

I think your plan is a good one. You are going to be a MACHINE by the time your birthday rolls around!

And this will be me doing insanity when I finally grow a pair (ew) and do it
Old 05-20-2012, 01:05 AM   #118  

Quote:
Oh, yea I know Insanity LOL I've *coughdownloadedcough* Jillian (why do I keep writing Julian?) Michael's 30 day shred and ripped in 30. I've done a bit of both, 4 workouts in total, I'm liking the ripped in 30 better though. I also have Tim Horton's 10 minute trainer, P90 and P90X. At the moment all I have are 3 and 8lb weights, I want 5 pound ones, and need resistance bands if I want to do any chin-up stuff.
I just re-read this post and stared at "Tim Horton's 10 minute trainer" for whole minutes before realizing what was wrong with this. I wish this were an actual thing... it would probably involve baked goods and iced capps and nobody would gain any weight from them. Those are just some of my dreams.

This is proof that I should go to bed.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #119  

chocoholic21 - WOWWW I didn't notice I did that! So embarrasing! lol I actually changed it back to Tony. I have now skrewed up the names of Jillian and Tony LOL. I must have been tired. And good luck finishing the last 12 days off, your more than halfway there! And I BETTER be a machine after insanity LOL.

Bloopers - Welcome! I haven't checked yet, but you are free to add yourself to the timetable. You started here at the same weight as me! Although my goal is only 130, but my ultimate goal would be around 120 lol. Good luck~

As soon as I finish waking up (I woke up 25 minutes ago) I will be starting week 2 of Ripped in 30, I'm going to be doing 4 days of each remaining week with a day of rest in between, so that I can actually start Insanity on time. Ugh! But I need running shoes! I have NO shoes, well I have ones that are not running shoes and the sole is SO thin it hurts to walk in them for long periods of time. I want my first paycheck to come!!! ahaha. Have a good day everybody~
Old 05-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #120  

HAHAHA Tim Horton's is on your BRAIN, girl! I don't blame you. When I saw that I was like, "Wow, cool, a fast food place that's trying REALLY hard to help us lose weight."

Okay, not to be an Insanity rep, but one more thing I like about it is that Shaun T (my man), FORCES his own participants to take rests and water breaks, and he stresses that it's important not to overdo it. If you can't do something, you stop (as I often do). Then the next time you do that video you can make your goal to be able to do a little more than the previous time. So I honestly think that anybody can do Insanity!

Spiritualflow, I got those crazy Nike shoes with the weird looking strappies and bright colored laces and soles. You know the ones? haha Okay, I just retrieved them. Nike Free Run 2. Normally I'm not a fan of Nike running shoes, but I actually really like these ones. And they're fashionable unlike my preferred running shoe brands (Asics and Brooks). Kinda pricey, but what shoes aren't any more?

Bloopers, welcome!!

---

I have to drive back to school today to get the rest of my bigger items. Blah. It will be a nice little workout though. I'm going to lift with my legs and keep my core tight. My man would be so proud.