3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Back to school challenge anybody?

Old 05-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #76
Working on Change

S/C/G: 191/179/140

Height: 5' 7"

Hey guys. I had wanted to join this thread last week. Is it too late to join you all? I'm currently 181lbs and am aiming at 150lbs by August 1st.
kitkat1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #77

S/C/G: 154/149/130

Height: 5'4"

kitkat1218 - It's never too late! Just add your name to the spreadsheet link on the first post. Also include s/c/g weights and start/end dates, the other 2 columns will fill in on their own. But please include your start date as either today or whenever you started, BUT NOT before May 6th. Thanks and welcome!!

On another note: Yesterday was a hectic day, From a 9am dermatologist appointment to a 3pm dress rehearsal for my 7:30pm concert. LOTS of walking involved in between. I didn't eat well AT ALL. I split my dinner into lunch and dinner. It was butter chicken and white rice. In total it wasn't alot, one of those average size lunch containers that can hold like a pbj sandwich, maybe 2. I then had a Timmies Iced cap with milk (normally it's made with cream, and will have 11g of fat, with milk it's only 1.5g, good to know!) and LOTS of water. I got home at like... 11:30pm and was starving, since the last time I ate was around 5pm... So I made 2 eggs. just fried them. And then my mom was like "oh, thanks to Patricia (family friend) you have a nice surprise in the fridge!" It was cream soda (I LOVE IT..... BUT I KNOW ITS BAD...) We actually don't drink alot of pop at home... koolaid yes (I'm weaning off it) but pop no... I had 2 glasses, as it was a treat, and I was so damn tired to even think of the reciprocations. However, I weighed myself this morning and I'm still at 150lbs! So that's good! When I get my first paycheck in a few weeks, I'm going to definately buy a digital scale, any brand suggestions? How do I know if it's a good one?
spiritualflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #78
Working on Change

S/C/G: 191/179/140

Height: 5' 7"

Thank you guys for welcoming me.

And I cannot really help you with the digital scale info. I track my weight through the scale on my Wii, plus a scale we've had in my house since before I was born which have both stayed in line with my doctor's office scale so far. I am not sure of the exact brand, but it would be good to Google recommended brands for weight scales.
kitkat1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #79

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

Height: 5'3"

spiritual flow i would recommend a scale from the EatSmart brand (: i bought it around 2 months ago to replace my old scale that was so unreliable, and i LOVE my scale now. it has big numbers & a back light so the number is easy to see & its really consistent which was the main factor for me. price wise, its not too expensive either (they have a couple..i think i got the one that was around $25-30)

my knee was hurting a lot today so i couldn't go for my 5 mile run as i would've liked, so i ended up doing an hour on the elliptical. tomorrow is my strength training day so i'm looking forward to it. still trying to get used to not looking like a lost dog amidst all the weights..
Mini Goal#1: 162.6 (10 lbs lost!) [2012.03.05]
Mini Goal#2: 155.4 (10% lost) [2012.04.13]
Mini Goal #3: 143.2 (halfway to goal!)
Mini Goal #4: 138 (healthy BMI & 20% lost)
Mini Goal #5: 129.4 (25% lost)

Last edited by delyn : 05-15-2012 at 11:14 AM.
delyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #80
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Hello ladies So yesterday was Day 1 Week 3 healthy me...and so far so good. I am down just shy of 8 lbs now and I'm shooting to lose another 8 before June 1st!! I had started P90X but then hurt my shoulder so I haven't worked out in a couple of days besides doing some yard work. So today I am going to try and get a workout in before I head of to work. Oh and its also TOM for me which is always awful but on the plus side I am not holding onto the bloat that I had been for weeks! Good luck ladies

Goals for 2012
1. 209.6-June 1st Goal 5/28/2012
2. Onederland (July 1st goal) 7/21/2012
3. 197.3- No longer "obese" (BMI) 8/17/2012
4. 195- pre-pregnancy weight- 8/29/2012
5. 185- 60 lbs lost 1/31/13
6. 175-70lbs lost 8/15/2013
7. 168- Weight I started dating my husband at
8. 164- Ultimate Goal! no longer "overweight"(BMI)
9. 148- Weight senior year of high school
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #81
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi all! I'm too tired to do responses, but it looks like you're all doing well!!

I had a couple 'meh' choices over the weekend. My kids made pumpkin pie with my mom, for mother's day. It was a sweet gesture, it is my favorite... so I had a little slice and tried not to think about the sugar (which I've been off of for weeks!) I don't think it knocked me out of ketosis, but it did make me dang tired! I think I ate a little bit too much at dinner last night, too... but life goes on. AF is here and I feel cruddy. Sometimes you just have to say "ok..." and move on. So I'll do that. Weight is holding still at 168... Annoying, but to be expected with my monthly visitor... hoping I see a woosh in a few days!

Got a good workout in, this morning. Upper body weights, sprints, and the recumbent bike. I was going to run hills but my asthma was not cooperating and my inhaler was empty. I need to hunt down my RX so I get that refilled. Not nice. I also went swimming with my daughter, and got some sun.

Now we're relaxing inside. I LOVE summer!! It smells like chlorine and sunscreen in here <3.

I need to figure out what I'm doing for dinner. I'm not even sure what I've got in the fridge... It's too hot to cook!! What kind of things do you guys cook when it's too hot to cook? I have kids to feed. One of them will happily eat salads with me all summer, the other won't. I could grill but it's a pain because I can't have a BBQ on my apartment patio and the one they provide is across the quad. Nothing else sounds very good when it's 100degrees in the shade and I can't turn the AC on until 8pm. The last thing I want to do is fire up the stove!!!

I hope you're all having a great day!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #82
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys! I need to get caught up on reading this thread but I wanted to touch base really quickly. I've been home from school on break and I'm watching everything I eat but every day I seem to kind of veer off course around night-time. Not majorly but def. eating processed crap and refined carbs. My aunt brought over a hand made organic strawberry cake and Mac and cheese!! And there has been drinking, and even pizza one night. Ugh. I'm maintaining right now at 250 but I think my granny's scale weighs me a little higher than mine at home.
Every day I wake up and eat right, so that's a victory. Tomorrow I plan to do better. The plus side is I'm getting in more exercise than normal.

Goal One: 245- goal of my first challenge on 3FC. Goal Two: 225 Goal Three- 199 Onederland. Goal Four: 179- previous low weight. GOAL: 152 (NORMAL BMI)

And all the spilt milk, sex and weight
It all will fall, fall right into place

munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #83

Hey ValRock, There are inside grills you can get, that go on your counter!

Today I started off with a ham and egg sandwich, soooo good! I also ate a banana, and I think my mom is making me a salad right now. I am probably under 1300 calories, but I can't be sure. I haven't exercised in a few days now... pretty bad of me, I will DEFINATELY do it tomorrow! Maybe even twice!
Old 05-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #84
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualflow View Post
Hey ValRock, There are inside grills you can get, that go on your counter!

Today I started off with a ham and egg sandwich, soooo good! I also ate a banana, and I think my mom is making me a salad right now. I am probably under 1300 calories, but I can't be sure. I haven't exercised in a few days now... pretty bad of me, I will DEFINATELY do it tomorrow! Maybe even twice!
I know... but it's 85degrees, In the house!!! I can't bear to turn anything on that produces heat. I can't turn on the AC during the day because on peak electricity is too expensive .
Old 05-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #85
Getting back on track!

S/C/G: 174/172/145

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! I'd like to join if possible. I'm 27 and a senior nursing student. I graduate in a year and I'd love to be fit for my last year of school. I want to lose 20-25 lbs.
psychedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #86

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

Height: 5'3"

blcarter84 awesome progress so far! & good luck with losing the next 8lbs~ i'm sure you can do it! hopefully your shoulder recovers soon

valrock ah pumpkin pie sounds pretty delicious right now...& i wish i could help you with the food/cooking stuff, but everything i could think of would involve turning on the stove hopefully you'll find some good ideas & will get the "whoosh" you're waiting for soon~

munchievictim everytime i went home i would end up binge eating like crazy 'cause i missed home food so much..but you have an awesome attitude! tomorrow is a new day & you can definitely succeed!

Today was a longgggg day for me. Woke up & went to catch the bus so I can meet with some friends to go hiking (i live in Korea so mountains are literally EVERYWHERE). weather was awesome, but dang...the hiking kicked my butt. i thought it wouldn't be too bad since i've built up my endurance with running, but my body is not used to all the hills/incline. awesome cardio workout for today! then got home a few hours later & did some strength training for about an hour.

food wise was okay...i had a sandwich after the hike & an ice coffee & ate chicken salad for dinner. but i am so exhausted (in a good way) & i am excited to get a good nights rest tonight. hope you ladies have an awesome day!
Mini Goal#1: 162.6 (10 lbs lost!) [2012.03.05]
Mini Goal#2: 155.4 (10% lost) [2012.04.13]
Mini Goal #3: 143.2 (halfway to goal!)
Mini Goal #4: 138 (healthy BMI & 20% lost)
Mini Goal #5: 129.4 (25% lost)
delyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #87

psychedout - Of course you can join Just add your name to the spreadsheet on the front page of this thread and follow the rules Good Luck!

Time for me to do some Julian Michaels Ripped in 30! Hope everybody is doing well

*EDIT* So I ended up doing 30 Day Shred instead, by clicking on the wrong file lol. But it was almost the same, I'm not sure which one I liked better. I did sweat alot more in Ripped in 30, but this time I took several 5 second breaks to text my boyfriend lol. But my heart rate was still up the whole time. I like them both, I need running shoes though. My cat decided to take a piss on ALL my shoes... except my dress shoes, so I'm currently exercising bare footed, NOT A GOOD IDEA. It kinda hurts. I can't wait for my first paycheck so I can buy runners!! Time for a shower guys! see ya!

Last edited by spiritualflow : 05-16-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #88

S/C/G: 158/154/130

Hey everyone!

Valrock, chicken salad? Or you could do something in a crock pot, so you don't have to be standing over high heat for extended periods of time? Seven Layer Salad? Subs? haha I'm pretty simple-minded, huh?

Munchievictim, I do the same dang thing! I come home from a good day of eating/exercise, and since I stay up so late I start getting hungry, so I'll grab something processed to eat. My favorite currently is plain Eggo waffles with 0 calorie butter spray. What the heck is my problem?! haha We should try to plan in a later snack and prepare it earlier on, like cut up some fruit or something to have?

Spiritualflow, breakfast sandwiches are my FAVORITE! Timmy's classic breakfast sandwich is the best! ...and worst, depending on how you look at it! Even though you haven't been working out, it seems like you've been on the go and highly active over the last 2 days, which will still burn a surprising amount of calories! AND how do you like Jillian's workouts? I almost got one, but wasn't sure about it.

Psychedout, welcome! My goal is the same! 25 pounds by the end of August!

Okay guys, I just finished day 3 of Insanity. This is literally SO hard. Ugh!! And I can't even do half of the things haha but I weighed myself this morning, and I'm down 2 pounds from Monday! Woo!

Also, I'm so excited about something that I wanted to share it with you! I don't know if any of you have heard of this, but there's a 5k called the Color Run, and I'm doing it!!! It's not really a "run" because the focus is more on throwing colored powder on each other haha but it just seems like SO much fun! I saw that it was in Chicago last year and just found out that it's coming to Columbus, Ohio in July! I live there!! So if anyone is interested in looking at a video of it (I can't post links yet, grrr) you can go to youtube and type in "THE COLOR RUN - The Happiest 5k on the Planet - Las Vegas"

I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

Last edited by Kristi22 : 05-16-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Kristi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #89
Don't turn back.

Kristi- OMgosh 0 cal butter spray is in my blood, I swear, I eat it on everything! I was doing the waffles and butter spray and sugar free syrup (25 cals for 1/4 cup!), I'm also from the south and weirdly in love with grits and butter spray and Splenda. Yum. At home I had pretty much cleared all the processed junk out so there wasnt anything too dangerous to snack on at night, and I was waiting as late as I could to eat dinner. I'd have a snack planned after dinner and I'd wait until 8 or 9 pm to eat and then wait a little while And eat my snack and then get snuggled into bed with the lights off and a good tv show, and I was able to overcome it. But being home is a different story! I can't control anything here and no one thinks to take my diet into consideration because they're used to me eating everything.

I am still 100% converted to the low carb way of life, but I think that while I'm home I'm going to stay around 100-150g/day instead of <30g. It's very difficult for me to be prepared and stick to that strict of a diet here, and I constantly feel like there's nothing I can eat and end up eating crap. So I'm lightening up on myself a little for now, for fear of completely falling off the wagon.
Today I ate:
2 turkey sausage patties for breakfast
Chicken nachos (fat free cheese and sour cream, skinless chicken breast, yellow corn chips, tons of lettuce and tomatoes)
1 fig newton with 1/2 cup skim milk
Hamburger patty with cheese, (cookout at mom's, very limited options) salad
3oz vodka. Maybe 4.
~1400 calories for today.
Not sure about weight because I don't trust my granny's scale to weigh me accurately so I'm going to go buy a cheap Walmart scale to keep here in my bathroom.

Goal One: 245- goal of my first challenge on 3FC. Goal Two: 225 Goal Three- 199 Onederland. Goal Four: 179- previous low weight. GOAL: 152 (NORMAL BMI)

Old 05-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #90
Don't turn back.

Valrock- sandwiches? I keep cooked bacon and sausage handy. I love precooked bacon on a blt. Little kids love pb&j, even if it's not way healthy.
Also, I get what you mean about the empty inhaler. My asthma is still bad enough that as soon as my inhaler runs out, my breathing gets worse and worse until I can't sleep. I def can't work out, for fear of triggering an emergency situation.

(I know you're low carb, maybe you can still have your salad. I love an antipasto plate with cheese and ham or bacon or roast beef, whatever lunch meat is on hand)

Last edited by munchievictim : 05-16-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.