Old 05-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 154/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome t0rn and TheVikingNinja!! I'm glad you guys have both found this forum! You will find a TON of support here, so just stick to your goals and let us do the rest If you haven't already feel free to add your name to the spreadsheet

On another note, my scale sorta wobbled between 149 and 150, so I'm going to say I lost .5 pounds this week! Watch, when I get a new scale my weight will go right back up to 154 I'm actually really scared of that. But I'll keep trying! My knee seems to have settled for now, so I think I'm going to play DDR for 30-45 minutes, and then take a shower and get ready for work! hope you all have a good day!
spiritualflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #152  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Hey guys! Hope you're all well .

My scale is still not budging. I'm betting my muscles are holding water because I've had some free time this week and have been hitting the weights at the gym HARD. I'm sore. Hoping once that drops off it takes a couple lbs with it. I'm getting impatient. I feel good, though... We'll see! 106 days until I move to Hawaii... I gotta get my booty in gear!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #153  

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone! I tend to have a hard time going back and updating my information when I attempt to follow along with these kind of threads but seeing as how my biggest weight loss goal is to be a lot more comfortable with myself when I go back to school this September, I am hoping I can stick to this one. Being at my highest weight this last year messed me up pretty bad and is a big reason why I didn't return to university this quarter but I have a year left once I return this September and I have 4 months until then to be a lot more comfortable with who I am. I've lost 10 lbs since the beginning of May and I am also practicing for my first race, a 10k that I hope to complete at the end of October which is when my 21st birthday is. If I can add a mile every month until October then I should be doing okay. Hopefully the combination of training for this race and eating to be in much better shape this September will work! Good luck everyone

Last edited by PeaceNLove; 05-23-2012 at 07:06 PM.
PeaceNLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #154  

Bloopers- My reward will hopefully be me and my fiance traveling a few states away and doing all sorts of fun things. We really want to go to the grand canyon and visit family and our best friends who all live in different states, including Colorado and Arizona, where we hope to do a lot of different activities including biking and etc. I would love to be in shape to see our friends and family and be able to really enjoy a trip for once!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 220/213/199

Height: 5'4''

i have to say, the spreadsheet is really good motivation! healthy competition to catch up to some of you guys, haha, and seeing that i'm over 1/3 of the way to my first goal! woohoo!
jayferks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #156  

fatbookworm: We're going to school for the same exact thing! I'm also in my fourth year before I would start a teaching credential program for teaching English at the secondary level.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 334/304.8/165

Height: 5'9

I'm not sure what's the problem the scale keeps hovering over 308-310. Been eating well and working out 3-4 times a week. I remembered I was 304 then the next week I was 308. Thought it was water weight but it is not going away

Hey everyone!
ChouKoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 158/154/130

PeaceNLove, welcome!! Congratulations on losing 10 pounds! I can't even imagine how rewarding it will feel to cross the finish line of a 10k! I've never run more than a 5k!

Jayferks, I agree. The spreadsheet helps to keep me striving and remind me that it IS a competition after all and I better get my act together!

ChouKoe, those days will come. Maybe try and change up your workout routine? Your body might welcome a little adjustment. You could increase your level or try new exercises?

---

Just woke up. My scale is STILL at 154. Been there for about 4 days now. Damn. Today is going to be an "I mean business" day.

I just had 2 pieces of oat nut toast with butter and raspberry preservatives.

Boyfriend is on day 4 of no dipping!!
Kristi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 154/149/130

Quick question: Does anybody have any good healthy recipe sites they use?
spiritualflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Why does weight loss have to be so darn slow...??

Also: I need to pick up some weights. I haven't done any formal exercise in about 10 months. This is bad.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 334/304.8/165

Height: 5'9

Thx Kristi22! I had a whoosh today, instead of 308.2 I'm 306.8!

SpiritualFlow- I go to skinnytaste.com or eatingwell.com.
ChouKoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5-4

Alright, i'm joining! I'm not going back to school, but the end of summer is my goal anyways!
Linkovicha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 158/154/130

Today has been an interesting day...

Did my Insanity workout - Cardio Recovery. You might think that sounds like some sort of simple stretching type of workout. Wrong. It's squats, lunges, plies, and boy is my butt SORE! But that's a good thing!

I downloaded MyFitnessPal on my ipod and have started tracking my calories/exercise through that. I'm currently at 1170 calories consumed and 174 burned. Still have 344 left to eat, and I think I might go for a run tonight once it cools down a bit! Woo!

Spiritualflow, if you have heard of Pinterest or have an account there are a lot of "skinny" versions of meals on there. Enchiladas, pizza, casseroles, etc.

Sorry that that was just in the middle of my post haha but it suddenly came to me..

So here is the interesting part of today. It requires some background info, however. When I was in 5th grade I got my ears pierced. As it turns out, I shouldn't have because I was irresponsible with them and they got horribly infected. Well I somehow managed to pull the back of my earring into my earlobe and get it stuck there. My skin healed over top of it, and it's been inside of my ear ever since. You could even see it in the X-rays I got for braces! As I told you all, a few days ago I went to Cedar Point, and there was one ride that banged my head really hard on the shoulder harness. It hurt really bad, actually, and my ear was bleeding. I figured that my current piercing was the one that was bleeding. Wrong again. The back of the earring actually went through my skin to create a new hole. So just a few minutes ago, I was feeling my ear and the bump felt more defined than usual. I gave it a little scratch and the back just fell right out onto my bed. 11 years in my ear and it just falls out like nothing!! Now I have a gigantic hole in the back of my ear from it!

What on earth?!

Any way, I know that has nothing to do with weight loss, but I just couldn't believe it.

OKaaaay, I went to GNC today to get some energy pills and the guy that was working there (who has gotten massively strong, might I add) was someone I used to sing with in my high school choir! How funny! But he hooked me up with a ton of samples AND a discount on the pills I got. I know that these pills aren't necessary and are frowned upon by many, but I just want that extra boost during my workouts!!

Last thing - I got Panera's BEST salad tonight. Poppyseed strawberry salad with chicken. Phenomenal. It's their summer salad and it has a plethora of fruits in it! Along with really tastily seasoned chicken and a low-cal but delicious poppyseed dressing. I highly recommend it!!

Last edited by Kristi22; 05-24-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Kristi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

Kristi, that whole thing with the earring sounds icky! LOL! That reminds me though, when I was in elementary, I used to be SO infatuated with mechanical pencils- I thought they were cool! One day I was sitting around in class doing who knows what, but obviously I was bored because I kept on pressing the cap to make the lead come out and pressed the cap to get the lead back in. It was a new sharp piece of lead and in one attempt to get the lead back in, I forgot to press the cap and a piece of lead totally went into the skin of my index finger! I can still see the piece of lead quite deep in my skin now and it's been at least 12-13 years!!

PeaceNLove, traveling is ALWAYS a nice reward! Honestly if I had the money, I would do that instead! I love love love to travel! I really really want to take a trip out of the country to perhaps Italy or something! But money is tight, so I gotta start saving! My Parents actually offered to pay for my ticket to go back my country this summer with my sister and brother in law to visit the rest of my relatives and to have fun. Quite honestly, the only reason I refused their offer is because I'm overweight. I'm Asian so quite naturally, people back in my country (Vietnam) are stick thin and I always get made fun of whenever I go back there! You think some people in America are mean? People in Vietnam will not hesitate to tell you to your face that you're fat! My sister is 5'2 and 115 pounds and people call her 'chubby' whenever she goes back! Anyways enough of my ranting, haha! We can do it!

------------------------

Forgot to add, I ate 1260 calories today. Sped walked 2 miles on the treadmill and burned 260 calories and I feel great! Its been a good day

Last edited by Bloopers; 05-24-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:38 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 157/157/140

Height: 5'7''

Hello everyone!

So reading through everyone's post I feel a bit lazy but I'm taking a new approach to things.

Previously when I've tried to change my eating habits, I had a really hard time sticking to it. I guess my problem is not so much that I don't eat healthy (I eat little meat, usually home-cooked, not so rich/heavy meals) but that I eat A LOT. I almost always go back for seconds. So, to start I decided to just change my eating habits by training myself psychologically that I don't need that second plate or that snack.

Actually, funny enough, since I've moved to Germany I've noticed that in general Europeans have better portion control than Americans- and nobody looks like they are starving! If I want to lose weight, and maintain that, I need to learn portion control too! In a couple weeks when I'm confident that I won't starve, I will switch to more lower-calorie meals.

Any suggestions or ideas on this? Am I taking a good approach by starting slow or better to jump in fully? I mean, I want to maintain a healthy weight long-term, not put in all this effort just to gain it back once the challenge is over.

Additionally, I joined my neighborhood gym on Monday. It's only for women and I can participate in many types of classes there, as much as I want. In addition to cardio, I've already gone to 3 Pilates classes and my boyfriend and I have both noticed a difference already. He poked my side and said everything seems a bit firmer Yay!!!
neenie is offline   Reply With Quote