Old 05-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #16  
Long Hauling It

S/C/G: 365/208/190

Height: 6' 3"

I know jealously stuff can be there, but that **** is so unproductive. Best thing you can do is keep making yourself a better person (not just weight) and if you want find yourself a better man. The fact that he may be jealous would just be a nice side bonus for you.
shapedself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #17  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

You're a step a head of me, at least you found someone to marry you at least once! haha I'm not marriage material apparently, but always the girls right after me are.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #18  
sugar is the devil

My very first boyfriend... he broke up with me 2 weeks after I moved in with him. His exact word were "I've changed my job, I've changed my friends, and the last thing I need to change is you". He got a new job a month or two before that. He met a girl there and they were hanging out a lot... I started to suspect things and I was right. We started dating right after highschool, so he also told me that "I hinder him from experiencing being single/he should be out partying right now". Well 1 WEEK after he broke up with me, he started dating that girl. They got married a year or so after.

I have never spoken to him since we broke up. I still hate him for telling me those lies instead of telling me the truth as in he wasn't feeling it anymore/met someone else. You wanted to be single? Was 1 week enough to experience being single ?! But looking back, I'm glad it was her and not me who married him. I agree with what most people said; stop focusing on it because it will do you no good AND be glad it's now her dealing with his **** and not you!

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 05-01-2012 at 06:02 PM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #19  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
The bottom line is he grew up, and I should be the bigger person and really, really need to quit waiting for the apology that is never coming.
Gosh, you had to cope with a lot at a young age!

I'm not so sure he grew up. Grew older maybe. Grew UP, who knows?

But thank goodness it isn't you having to deal with it any more finding out if he did or didn't! He sounds like a mess.

But yeah... don't be waiting for an apology that may never come from someone who has a track record like that. I'm not saying miracles NEVER happen, but don't be holding your breath over it.

Focus on your own self and your own life and happiness.

Don't water weeds -- they get overgrown all over. Pull it out and plant something better in your heart garden.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 211/194/140

Height: 5'4"

You all are awesome. Thanks so much for the support and letting me know I'm not the only one.
MizTaccen, you only haven't found the right one yet. No rush, believe me. My mother was married four times, two divorces and widowed once before she met my father.
Raven132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #21  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Raven, I saw my X last week for the first time in a long time. He got married sometime last year and I've been told he's a changed man, finally grown up, etc.

When I saw him, he was with his new wife. I'm 99% sure she was wearing my old engagement ring. Changed? Grown up? Nope, same ol' dude...

Moral of the story: it's unlikely that particular tiger changed his stripes. Don't look back, continue to look forward toward all the wonderful things ahead of you.
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 155/see ticker/130

Oh girl, even though I didn't marry at the age of 17 I sure as **** thought I was!! I was VERY self concious (not going to the beach with friends, or even my boyfriend) and he made me feel even worse about myself. I didn't have time to work out because I was doing school, work and the rest of my free time HAD to be spent with him. I am SO glad I am out of that relationship! It lasted 4 years but now it's over with. I think the best solution is to delete him & her off your facebook list/google+/linkedin or where ever you can see or hear about them. I also deleted my exes friends that I frequently seen tag themselves with him everywhere. Just delete him out of your life!
youngnstrong7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnstrong7 View Post
Oh girl, even though I didn't marry at the age of 17 I sure as **** thought I was!! I was VERY self concious (not going to the beach with friends, or even my boyfriend) and he made me feel even worse about myself. I didn't have time to work out because I was doing school, work and the rest of my free time HAD to be spent with him. I am SO glad I am out of that relationship! It lasted 4 years but now it's over with. I think the best solution is to delete him & her off your facebook list/google+/linkedin or where ever you can see or hear about them. I also deleted my exes friends that I frequently seen tag themselves with him everywhere. Just delete him out of your life!
Despite having a son between us the only contact I have with him is through his mother. She still sees me as her daughter, so this is crushing her. She is so not a fan of the next daughter in law she won't even use her name. I have to admit it makes me smile just a little that in the eyes of his mother no one will ever be better than me.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 155/see ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven132 View Post
Despite having a son between us the only contact I have with him is through his mother. She still sees me as her daughter, so this is crushing her. She is so not a fan of the next daughter in law she won't even use her name. I have to admit it makes me smile just a little that in the eyes of his mother no one will ever be better than me.

Aw that is very sweet of her. I didn't see anything about your son earlier, so it makes everything a little harder. My ex's mom was being nice and contacting me but I had to block her number, he would call me really drunk from her phone all the time and annoy me. I dont have any contact with any of his family members anymore and Im happy that way
youngnstrong7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #25  

Just to wrap this thing up:
1. Thank you all for all the support and sharing your stories. You guys rock!
2. I'm over it now. After the initial shock wore off it only took a couple of days for me to just let it go. We had fun, but now that "fun" is no longer a priority in my life that doesn't really matter.
3. You guys are awesome, thanks again.