90-Day Exercise Challenge! (May/June/July 2012)

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • haha yeah I'm finally starting to get used to elevation gains.

Aw I doubt it all came from your chest, but either way I'd rather lose weight and have a smaller chest then be larger with a larger chest if that makes any sense You should still be proud of the loss!
  • Well done on breaking through the plateau Karatari...
    i changed up my food diet so the scales are starting to move.. however the exercise has slowed a bit more then i'd like..

my NSV was last month i completed a 31km adventure challenge including Kayaking and running and cycling and hill climb and bog run

NEVER would have dreamed i could complete it this time last year..

weekend is coming up and have the bf Birthday and a few drinks and i've been doing well so might have a really hard work out on Sat morning to counteract the bad...

hope ye have good wkends
  • That run sounds mega fun, curlysue! Way to go!
  • curlysue-that is AMAZING!!!!! How cool are you??? Fabulous job and glad the scale is starting to move for you

I was wondering if anyone has noticed their appetite decreasing as they get smaller? I just notice mine has been decreasing and wondering if anyone else has encountered the same thing?
  • Dot, I haven't noticed lost enough to notice a much of a difference. I still get a little hungry between meals. Like right now. Good thing it's just about bedtime!
  • yay! into the last month! ugh I've been super sick and the last week really wasn't good for me obviously I only completed 40 hours of exercise...the previous month I did 50...and my goal was 60. But that was wayyy too ambitious and life just got in the way. So this month since I'm starting out sick I'm just going to go with 45.

How's everyone else doing?
  • First time posting here, I just update my post each day. You have given me a great idea Dottington. That is setting an exercise target in hours. Since I wasn't around for May and it's now too late for June, I can do it for July. For the rest of July my plan is to do route 1 of walking. From the 1st to the 31st of August it's route 2 and so on. Route 1 only takes me 30 - 35 minutes. I would like to exercise 6 out of 7 days.

So 35 minutes by 26 days (out of 31 days in July) gives me approximately 15 hours of exercise to complete. So if I was just to do my 35 minute walk each day for 26 days (given a day off per week) I should achieve it. Yesterday I didn't go out walking because it was miserable out but did 20 minutes of weights. Today I did weights (20 minute session) and because it's a stunning day out here, I will get to go out walking this evening. I was even going to try get another 20 minute session of weights in this evening if I could manage. I would like to be able to go longer than 20 minutes in one session but for a few weeks I'd be happy enough to doing 20 minutes for one session.
  • dreamer2012-yeah I found that counting hours really works for me because it feels more "real" then saying "oh well I'll just exercise". Hours are tangible to me :3 And then its really easy to add hours each month(or take back like I had to do this month!), and then ticking them off each day is fun too!
  • Yeah, I'm feeling like that now since I started counting! I'm clocking up those hours pretty well right now. Think it will be something I will do for exercise in the future and if there is a topic made for the next three months after July! It would be great to be able to make a bigger goal hour each month based on the length of my walking which I have made a plan to increase each month.
  • Quote: curlysue-that is AMAZING!!!!! How cool are you??? Fabulous job and glad the scale is starting to move for you

I was wondering if anyone has noticed their appetite decreasing as they get smaller? I just notice mine has been decreasing and wondering if anyone else has encountered the same thing?
    Cheers Guys was well chuffed with myself after it

My appetite has decreased significantly since i began.. which is a great thing..
    however i still have the "finish your plate" mentality so to counteract i just try put less on it and use smaller crockery :P

Well done Dreamer 2012 that goal seems very attainable..

i changed to low carb these past few weeks , i am feeling alot less bloated and the scales are moving, but i just can't get the push to up the exercise again.. aw well least its moving the right direction i suppose thats all good.. hopefully this week i will make more progress in moving my behind
  • He-lllllooo ladies!

Minor setback this week - the foot that I broke last February is kind of starting to bother me. Nothing debilitating, it just aches quite a bit when I'm walking around @ home and feels stiff. I decided to back off the additional running this week (which was probably for the best since it's about 200 degrees outside!). Since I haven't been running, that means I'm going to have to figure out something else to meet my workout goal. Arg. Maybe I'll have to buy a yoga DVD.

In good news though, one of my coaches at my gym said she and another coach were talking about me because they can really see my body getting slimmer. That was nice to hear, especially since the scale hasn't been moving and I feel like the only thing getting smaller is my boobs.

Hope ya'll have a fantastic weekend!
  • kariatari-sorry about your foot! I hope it feels better soon!

curlysue-glad the eating is going better for you Good luck with the exercise this week!
  • I have fallen completely off this bandwagon. I took June off because I got minor surgery and the rest of just...I just needed a break. But I am back for July and I will soon have a personal trainer so "WOO!" lets see how this goes.
  • sugarromeotangoYou can do it! The important thing is you're not giving up but getting back into it and finishing the challenge
  • Way to get back on the train, sugarromeo!

So I'm halfway through my bootcamp thingy, which is when we do weight & measurements to evaluate progress. I lost only 3 lbs (which they said would probably happen) and 4 inches total. ONLY FOUR FREAKING INCHES?!! I know I should be looking at the positive side and thinking, "Wow! I lost 2.5 inches from my waist, 2% in body fat, and I feel so much better!" But seriously - I worked my arse off for 5 weeks, working out almost every day and then watched what I was eating (6 meals a day, 14-19 g protein/30ish g carbs) religiously and THAT'S the progress I get?! ARG! I feel like I had better results running on my own and doing weight watchers. (However, I will say the strength training has made me much stronger than my own weights routine did.)

On the plus side - I did meet my flexibility goal, adding 2.5 inches to flexibility. Now I just have to test for cardio and strength. I'm pretty confident about strength, but cardio will be a toss-up.