Old 04-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Default fun exercise!

What do you do for exercise?
Usually we just walk, it was getting a little old. Yesterday we went skating.. it was so FUN! Not to mention, I could go pretty fast. I was sweating and my legs and tummy were burning!
We want to get bikes but those are pretty expensive. Maybe one day.

So now I wanna know, what do you do for exercise? Is it fun to you?
I really need to get on doing some other type of exercise such as sit ups, push ups and stuff. but I was planning on doing it monday, went to a concert on saturday and my neck finally feels better today I think I may wait till tomorrow to add that to my routine. I don't wanna mess up my back and neck all over again.

oh and I am down another 1b. That makes me 225! Woot! I wanna get to 220 by the end of the month, we'll see I guess! Hope everyone is doing well.
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #2  
Long Hauling It

S/C/G: 365/208/190

Height: 6' 3"

I weight train and, if I do cardio, walk. Jogging and running are great for you, but I really just don't like them. Weight training is fun for me, except on the rare day when I'm really feeling lazy and unmotivated. I do most of my working out at the gym.

For yourself, it sounds like you're on top of doing what you enjoy. Also, do whatever is consistent with your goals. Good luck.
shapedself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #3  

Congrats on your progress, OP!

As for bikes, have you checked Craigslist? I found a good deal on a practically new bike on our local CL!

Skating does sound like fun and it's supposed to burn a ton of calories. I need to lose some weight and work on my core muscles a bit (to help regain some balance) and then I'd love to incorporate rollerblading into my weekly workout routine. I used to love doing that back in the day!

I also love Zumba. It doesn't even feel like a workout - just fun dancing!
missphalange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #4  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Maybe you could get cheap second hand bikes or borrow some from someone? I have my neighbour's bike right now. It's not great but pretty good and has a nice saddle. She never ever ever uses is and can't now unfortunately. It's a lot better than the last bike I had when I lived in the city. It was pulled out of a canal and then one day when I was cycling on a road the wheel fell off.

What about dancing?
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #5  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

The last little bit I've been going back and forth on Jillian Michael Burn fat boost metabolism, I like it when I have music on and I don't have to hear her talk so much. As well as Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio weight loss video. They're not "fun" persay but I enjoy doing them and pushing myself through them.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #6  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Congrats on the progress your making :*

For me, I run. Alot of people in real life make fun of me because I tell them I really do enjoy it xD I also Rollerblade when the weathers nice, and hike a lot in the summer(few more weeks =D) all of which I enjoy
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

What concert did you go to? Heavy metal?

I walk, hike, run, lift weights at a CHEAP gym (no frills, no air conditioning, just sweaty guys in hoodies and no one EVER cleans or wipes the equipment), and occasionally go to Zumba classes. I like to dance and walk around big cities.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 169.75/125/125

Height: 5'2.75"

I walk, cycle, use my exercise bike and I'm trying to get into weight training (failing, but trying!).

I've also moved buildings at work, so I now walk up the 8 flights of stairs to my floor each morning.
d130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #9  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Lifting weights and bodyweight exercises are my FAVORITE FAVORITE thing to do in the world and I will skip everything else to do them.

I also love walking I will walk around everywhere if I can.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

Congrats Ash, you are melting!

I set cardio goals to get myself motivated because otherwise I will not do cardio. I am actually afraid to do fitness classes because I think I am more out of shape than everyone else.

I love weight training because I think I get results really quickly.
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:15 AM   #11  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

I love exercise (believe me this love was not overnight...)

Formally - I run, do P90X, practice yoga and pilates
Informally - I enjoy long walks when I sight see or travel, hiking, Kinect Xbox360 Just Dance 3, Dancing, Gardening
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #12  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I like to do "suprise" training on the elliptical where it changes between intensity constantly. It sort of makes me want to keep the same pace even when it gets harder. Keeps me motivated.

What I enjoy quite a lot recently is I have this cheap a$$ 'twiststepper' at home that I bought from craigslist and I have it set up on the attic so that I can put my laptop on a tv-arm-rack-thing where it won't slide off. I can work out for an hour and watch my favorite shows online such as The Voice or Eureka. I can even surf these boards from there. It's not super high intensity, I get a tiny bit sweaty and my heartrate goes up to 135/145 but it burns about 500/600 calories in an hour. And I do it for just half an hour in the morning when I watch the news. It really feels like the EASIEST workout ever. Hihi.

Last edited by philana; 04-25-2012 at 07:49 AM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/139/120

Height: 5'4"

I'd like to find new things to try too, but it's hard to work into my schedule with a toddler. Right now, I wake up early, and use the elliptical and bowflex in my basement. I can't do much else, as I can't leave the house in case she wakes up (and my husband is a truck driver, so he isn't always home to watch her).

I'm trying to find fun things to do with her, but the pace just ends up being too slow to provide as much benefit as I would like. I used to love rollerskating before I was married, but she's too young for that right now. I've always wanted to try taking a swing dance class, but I have trouble justifying the time away from her.

In any case, what I am doing is working for me for now. I'm hoping once I get to my goal, I can maybe find the time for a hobby that will keep me fit, but that probably won't happen until my daughter is quite a bit older.
JessicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

I do a lot of hiking and some running. I used to hate running, but couch to 5k is awesome, and now I like it. I've just discovered trail running, which is AMAZING. It's so much more fun to run on pretty trails and charge up huge scary hills than it is to run in circles or on a treadmill. I'm trying to find a dance class to take, too. I used to do bellydance and swing, which are both really fun, but I haven't been able to find a new class since I moved.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #15  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I'm on an enforced break from working out now but when I'm in form, I go to the gym 2-3 times a week to run on the treadmill and use the elliptical. That's my base to make sure I do something during the week.

But what I really enjoy are at-home workout videos. I started off with the Walk At Home ones, then moved on to Jillian Michaels, then the Beach Body ones (Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire etc) which I beyond loved and which turned me on to other kickboxing/tae-bo videos (Billy Blanks, Cathy Friedriech, Amy Bento etc etc). I like workout videos because there's so much variety from aerobics to dance to body weight exerciseing to kickboxing/martial arts to yoga and pilates. So for pretty cheap, in the privacy of your own home, at whatever time is convenient for you (often 2 in the morning for me), you can get a workout in. If you want to try out some videos instead of buying, most public libraries have a moderately good selection. Until I found kickboxing-type workout videos, working out was a chore that I just tried to do. Now I actively miss throwing some punches and kicks and can't wait to get back into it.

The caveat here is that I'm not much of an outdoorsy person so it works for me. If you like outdoor activities, maybe you could find places to go hiking, rent bikes for a day at the weekend, do more skating, power walk (with/without weights), C25K is a fantastic programme to get into jogging/walking, do yard work etc. Try as many things as you can. It'll keep you from getting bored and you may find something you absolutely love whilst you're at it.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote