3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Easiest way to not eat sweets.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/256755-easiest-way-not-eat-sweets.html)

librarygirl111 04-11-2012 09:33 PM

Easiest way to not eat sweets....

Some wonderful person put a sercet cupcake on my desk recently at work. How did I combat this? I gave it away to a nice security guard I know, and giving made me feel so happy. <3

It feels good to give, so if you ever find yourself as the bearer of some sugar you know you can't resist, simply give it to someone you know who is around you that deserves it as much as you.

You will be happy to know that (1) you could hand off one good deed to another and (2) you didn't break your diet!!!

Riestrella 04-12-2012 04:46 AM

Or SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER mwahahahahaha.

philana 04-12-2012 05:22 AM

The question is, how nice is it to be giving the things that made us all so unhealthy to people you wish all the best in the world? ;)

I have no issues with throwing stuff away anymore. It's somehting I shouldn't put in my body so it suits the trashcan just as well.

hotHealthy4life 04-12-2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philana (Post 4290127)
I have no issues with throwing stuff away anymore. It's somehting I shouldn't put in my body so it suits the trashcan just as well.

Yes. This. We should't feel bad when throwing out bad stuff. It's not food anyway.
However, given that most people don't exactly care about what they're eating, giving the sweets you don't want away is a good option :)

munchievictim 04-12-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riestrella (Post 4290113)
Or SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER mwahahahahaha.

LOL. <3

MiZTaCCen 04-12-2012 12:54 PM

Someone once gave me a cupcake and I smashed it (not with a hammer but with my hands) I felt great! haha a little messy afterwards...but great none the less!

Munchy 04-12-2012 02:18 PM

Aww, a student just came in with a cupcake for me. I told him no thanks and kept it moving :)

When the culinary students make food, though, I'm ALL over it!

sontaikle 04-12-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchy (Post 4290925)
Aww, a student just came in with a cupcake for me. I told him no thanks and kept it moving :)

When the culinary students make food, though, I'm ALL over it!

Ah I always tell people they haven't truly had temptation until they've had a cute little second grader offer them cupcakes and get sad when one refuses. I usually offer them a certificate and a sticker and then all is well again :)

Munchy 04-12-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sontaikle (Post 4290999)
Ah I always tell people they haven't truly had temptation until they've had a cute little second grader offer them cupcakes and get sad when one refuses. I usually offer them a certificate and a sticker and then all is well again :)

Well, most of the students offering me treats are violent and have sexual issues...it's a residential special ed school ;)

I can say "no" to them! ;)