NSV - Weight lifting is AWESOME - and WHY the scale isn't the best measure of success

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: That's awesome. I know exactly how you feel, especially when it comes to studying. Though generally I give up the studying for gym time lol
    Do you do a split routine?
    I'm too much of a perfectionist to let the studying slide... I wish I could. I'm so stressed out!!!

I do upper body one day, and lower the next, if that's what you mean? I have the attention span of a flea... so I have to change it up a lot or I get crazy bored. I was SO sore when I first started lifting... and I'm rarely sore now unless I go crazy and try to max everything out .
  • thank you! I needed this! i have been going crazy!
  • Quote: I'm too much of a perfectionist to let the studying slide... I wish I could. I'm so stressed out!!!

I do upper body one day, and lower the next, if that's what you mean? I have the attention span of a flea... so I have to change it up a lot or I get crazy bored. I was SO sore when I first started lifting... and I'm rarely sore now unless I go crazy and try to max everything out .
    Haha you're better than me! The exercise becomes number one and the studying (and now job) go second.

I have to change it up too or I get bored. Sometimes when I'm at the playground during my bodyweight exercise day I'll do some random things and climb all over the place. People passing by look at me like I'm insane...but there's a reason I go in the evening so I don't disrupt the kiddies playing