Old 04-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #61  
I will do this.

It is good. I've been Seriously considering a cleanse. Whole foods, minimally processed stuff.

My body is totally freaking out on me and I think it really needs a break.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #62  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Freaking out because of thechinese or because of the whole foods?
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #63  
I will do this.

Freaking out because the last two years have been dieting and binge eating. It doesn't know which way is up. :-/
Old 04-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #64  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Rie After I graduate, depending on what my job situation become I would like to move out. I’d like to make the smartest decision for my future, which would be stay here until I know where I want to live/buy a house. It’s only been recently since my brothers life has been in the toilet, that they’ve been coming and being disrespectful to everyone else that still lives here.
Oh goodness, I couldn’t image dealing with the teenagers with twilight and such at the theaters. Kudos to you for being able to! I also try not to judge a movie by the book, I was actually really impressed by how well the film was done (especially compared to twilight), and I loved the lead up to the games/behind the scenes because that wasn’t in the book.

Leily I completely agree that it’s such a nice feeling. I’d love to be able to do something like that for someone, but that opportunity hasn’t presented itself. Maybe one day. I am no longer pushing for a apology, but I’ve become so frustrated with them, that I really have nothing to say to them.
Aww I’m sorry to hear your TOM sucks so badly. Have you talked to your doc about it? I used to have really bad cramps and such, but after finding a pill that works for me it’s a lot better. And I can defiantly attest to exercise helping!! The first few minutes aren’t fun but then my cramps completely go away
Congrats on the 150s!!

Taylor welcome!! If you ever feel like giving out free massages let me know
Sorry to hear about the grandma, life definitely sometimes does get in the way. Just don’t throw in the towel try to make smart decisions and be there for your husband
My $0.02 are that cleanses are not useful, if you eat healthy and exercise your body will ‘cleanse’ itself, eating/drinking something so you’re on the toilet for days is not healthy. Again, just my opinion

Icon glad to hear your eye is a bit better. It’s so strange (and sad) for me to hear about insurance and health care, since Canada has free health care and I’m in the health care field.
I couldn’t even imagine trying to pick a dress!

sgregg you must be so excited for the last day. I’ve noticed that it’s been quiet around these parts too

I’ve spent the night catching up on some of my pvr recordings instead of studying. It was a pretty nice and relaxing day. I had to do a presentation at school, which of course, I hate, but I think it went ok. It got video taped and I have to watch it and write a paper on how I could improve for next time. I’m more interested to see what my body looks like (since lately I’ve felt so BLAH about it. I thought I’d be so happy to be in the low 140s and look so good, and I just feel that I, well, don’t) so maybe seeing myself on video will show me that the changes are there.
I’ve been happy that I’ve gotten back into my normal workout routine with no calf problems this week, but I think it’s going to be my last week at the gym. With it becoming may (ALREADY?!) I’m going to be so busy with finals, getting ready to go to mexico, getting ready to move to Victoria (on the island - 2 hour ferry ride away from where I live now) for my last clinical placement that I think it would be smarter for me to do insanity from home. I do worry about the lack of motivation though, some days I just don’t want to work out but I don’t have a choice because I already have my gym stuff in my car so I just have to go after school. Coming home will give me more of a chance to change my mind, but I’ll just have to try to keep the same mindset that I don’t have a choice.
torito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #65  
I will do this.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Yesterday was a stellar day as far as eating goes. Pretty proud of myself!

The hubby and i got invited to another couple house for dinner this Saturday. They are getting take out from the very best BBQ joint in their town. Oy.

I decided we are going to being a huge salad so I can fill up on that and they asks us to bring dessert so I am gonna go fresh fruit with low-fat vanilla ice cream or yogurt. I know I am going to make the right choice and feel good when I leave.

Sunday the hubby and I are gonna take the dog for a hike! We love the mountains!

Anyone else have awesome weekend plans?

Now I get to go to school and give facials and massages for the next 10 hours on the clinic floor for hours for state licensing. W00t
Old 04-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Hi everyone I hope ya'll don't mind me jumping in
Taylor your plans sound fun!
This weekend we have a few plans. Today we are taking the kids to chucke cheese to play games (no eating lol) and then tomorrow we are going to a farmers market with my bff. You can pick strawberries cheep there.. I am excited! I hope they have some healthy things there that maybe I can use for adding to my dinners this week.
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #67  
I will do this.

I love farmers markets!!! Mine starts in June and I really looking forward to it!!

Well I had a NSV today! My teacher bought everyone ice cream sandwiches today and I did not eat the one she gave me!! I felt as if I was kinda being rude but she is supportive of what I am trying to do.

In other news I had a few too many chicken tenders at dinner but I am willing to live with it.

Tomorrow will be the real challenge with the BBQ at my friends! Thank goodness I am bringing the salad.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies!

So, this past week has been full of unhealthy foods for me...ugh! But I know this coming week will be lots better! I'm still maintaining, but it's frustrating because I know I could be losing instead if I would just make better food choices.

Anyway, one more week until the end of student teaching! Ahhhh!!

Taylor - woohooo on refusing to eat the ice cream sandwich! I probably wouldn't have turned it down. Ha! Good for you! I had Chinese the other day too and it does just make you feel yucky when you eat the greasy stuff...ugh! How's your husband?

Ash - Welcome! Hope you had a good time at CEC. How was the Farmer's Market? Find anything good?

Torito - I am so excited. But in all honesty, I don't think reality has set in yet. I have been in and out of college for 10 years! It's going to be weird to just be finished. I'm sure in the future I'll work on my Masters, but still...it's just not the same.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #69  
I will do this.

Sgregg hi honey! The hubby is good - just job searching. This is the last weekend we will have free with each other or a whole so we are just really enjoying it. And yes, greasy food makes me feel down right awful if I eat it. Tired, grumpy, bloated = no fun! And congrats on your last week of student teaching! That's brilliant!

Everyone - wish we luck with the BBQ dinner with my friends tonight. /gulp.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #70  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I've been totally lacking on coming in here this month, I'm sorry guys!!

I did have a nice birthday! My boyfriend surprised me last weekend with a trip to Penns Landing and Old City in Philadelphia. We went to the constitution center, saw the liberty bell, and walked around independence mall. Of course, I'm from Philly, and I've NEVER seen those places!! It was pretty cool!

I've been lacking with diet and exercise. This externship placement has been such a pain and very time consuming. I'm exhausted by the time I get off the train at 6, and I still have dinner to make and stuff. I'm also still job hunting, so I feel guilty if I go to the gym after getting home and making dinner because I need to keep looking! There's jobs out there, it's just that no one wants a first year out of school person anymore. BLAH.
I have 11 more days until I'm done, and 12 days until my graduation. It's so crazy to see that the last two years of grad school have actually flown by, and in 12 days I'm going to have my masters and finally be a speech pathologist!!

My mom surprised me yesterday with a graduation trip...to Atlantis in the Bahamas!!! I'll be going May 20 to the 24! So...starting today I am on a STRICT diet and exercise regime, and this time my mom is on board too because she wants to look better too (Though she's eating left over chinese for breakfast. WTF.)
My mom has gotten better with being supportive. I've been so stressed this past week that I've been breaking down when I get home, and I've been having heart palpitations (thank you grad school). So, she told me I could buy P90X or Insanity since I've been really wanting one of those. She told me it's for stress relieve and that she wants to start being more supportive with my weight loss and trying to be healthy because out of everyone in our family, I've actually taken a healthy initiative with my weight loss. She said that she's proud of my accomplishments because when she was my age, she was pregnant with me and pushing 200lbs. That meant a lot to me! ...and I bought insanity I can't wait to get started with it! It'll be easier for me to work out too because sometimes I just hate going to the gym after work because it's SO crowded and actually not enjoyable. I'm a morning gym person, and I don't have to fight for a machine in the morning.

Taylor: good luck at the BBQ! It definitely can be really tricky, but if you just stick to the area with salad and healthy foods, it's not as hard!

Tori: good luck with finals and stuff! And good for you to have a relaxing day! We need those sometimes through all of the chaos!

Rie: happy birthday! I love myfitnesspal! I've been slacking on entering stuff because i've been so bad with my eating. But when you're on track, it's awesome! Zumba is so fun too, but it can be pricey. Alot of the places around me require a full membership in order to do zumba. So for now, I have the zumba dvds, and I'll do it on youtube too. If you search around, you'll find that some instructors post their dances online so you can do them at home!!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #71  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

torito- my eye is almost back to 100% now! I havent taken an antihistamine for 2 days. Just in time to go see the immunologist lol. Well, here you can go see a doctor for very cheap or free if you are low income, hospital care etc is free and a lot of outpatient services are also free, you dont need insurance. Its just if you want to go privately for something that you pay through the nose or need insurance for. Like your wisdom teeth, if you go to the hospital in the morning and queue, you can have them taken out very cheaply or for free. But if you want to have it done nicely in a nice, flash private hospital, with the surgeon of your choice, and not have to wait months, you're going to need insurance xD I think I'm going through the hospital system for the immunologist so hopefully it will be free. It'll just be at least June before I get there lol. I cant believe its nearly may either!

Taylor- how was your hike and bbq?

Samma- the bahamas sounds so awesome! I'm a morning gym person too, but its so hard lately when I dont have a schedule that I have to stick to. Cant wait to start work!

Nothing much happening over here, we bought my boyfriends wedding clothes and those for his groomsmen on the weekend so that was pretty exciting. Graduation is this week so I have to head out and find something to wear and some work clothes too >.< I hate it how sometimes everything you like is there and you can only buy a few things, then when you need it and have the funds, theres nothing that would be appropriate! Gah! I need shoes too. GOD
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

I have decided that I'm getting up super early in the morning and doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I have GOT to do something. Her workout is super intense for me, but it's a short workout and that's what I need right now. Something that doesn't take very long.

I've had a really great and relaxing weekend. We had company yesterday and it was nice to just hang out. Then, today we picked up a plate lunch and ate it at a nature trail off the Natchez Trace. We didn't walk the trail since we had Baby Girl with us, but it was still nice getting out in nature. After that, we came home and took a 2 hr nap! Finally, to top it off, my mom called and said she was nearby shopping and the kids and I met her for dinner.

My goal for this coming week is to drink at least 6 cups of water per day. I KNOW I can do this. I think I'm going to make a chart to make it more official. I have got to get my butt into gear. Hope everyone has a great week!

Icon - I have to find something for graduation too! I hate shopping.

Samma - What an awesome gift! Totally jealous of you!

Taylor - How was the BBQ?
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #73  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Taylor congrats on the NSV
Samantha Glad to hear you had a good birthday! And wow, Bahamas lucky you!! That’s so awesome. And I know what you mean about being tired at the end of the day, I think everyone feels that its just mind over body sometimes.
Icon Glad to hear about your eye! And that health care system sounds a bit better than I assumed it was. They’ve talked about changing Canada’s to be like that, but most people are against it because the rich get better and the poor get sicker.
Tux shopping is definitely not as fun as dress shopping, glad you found something though. And I think its Murphys law or something that the money is never there when you need it
sgregg You can do it! Try drinking 2 glasses of water per meal (breakfast lunch and dinner) then before you know it, you have your 6 in! I do this (plus my extra water during snacks and exercise so I go well over 8 glasses of water a day)

I had a pretty decent weekend. Saturday I knew I had to get a lot of studying done, so I managed to play catch up in one course, get everything done for another (including having my resume done… which looks so sad because I haven’t done anything in years due to being in school) and attempt to study for my physics lab final which is tomorrow (eek). I had to (unhappily) wake up early this morning, because my brother in law did a triathalon! And my nephew did the kids version so I had to be at my sisters house by 7 am (I’m still tired and grumpy, wish I was the napping type). I was cold all day from standing outside, I couldn’t imagine how cold the athletes were. My nephew did good, and we had his timing figured out pretty well so I got it all on video, but my BIL did awesome, so awesome that I missed both his coming in from his bike, and his finishing. He was a full 20 min faster than we thought finishing, so I was the only one standing at the finish line (my sister had taken the kids to get pancake breakfast) when he was done. I think my sister cared more about missing it than he did. He asked if I’d do it next year, and I laughed. I’m not the swimming type.
torito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

LeilaJay: the cat was normal sized...maybe some US squirrels are smaller than Ireland squirrels?
Slowly getting back into a better sleep routine. Thanks!

Taylor sounds like a good weekend!

samma a trip and Insanity?! Awesome!

torito: ohmygosh a triathlon!? Those are mind-blowing to me. I can't imagine doing that.

My week/weekend was pretty busy, but it went well!
Last week I had a quiz Tuesday and my Final on Thursday. Did really well and I'm pleased with my overall grade. 2nd semester completed!! This week I'm on "Spring Break" from school...but I still have work.

Even though I don't have to do homework for grades, I do need to practice. Gave myself a break Saturday & Sunday but now it's back to the grind.

Weekend was jam packed because I hosted a party for a friend Saturday and my cousin (along with her fiance) came into town so I spent a big chunk of Sunday with them. Came home with enough time to shower, wash a big pile of dishes I had left in the sink and go to bed. I kind of kept hoping my roommate would surprise me and wash some of my dishes for me since she knew I had a lot going on (and I've done her dishes a LOT for her) but no such luck. haha
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote