3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Low cal drinks?

Old 03-27-2012, 01:27 AM   #16

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/145

Height: 5'7

If you don't want to drink, just get a sparkling water with a splash of cranberry or a slice of lemon.. If you are just there to socialize, no one will know the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
When I first saw the title I thought "water" =p.

I've heard vodka is a good mixer if you're thinking of your weight. The way I see it is if you're going to drink then forget about your weight and have a good time. Drink what you like and what you want.
I agree with Riestrella.. Just have a good time! If your not doing this regularly, one night is not going to throw you off your diet.

I personally think it is more important that we learn to enjoy ourselves while dieting, rather then obsess over NEVER going off plan. That is the key to a successful weight loss/maintenance journey... in my opinion..

I will reach my goal by September 12th.
"On this path no effort is wasted, no gain is ever reversed..."
"I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."
sabri711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:27 AM   #17

S/C/G: 152/see ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

Why does alc has so many calories I dont get it?

CURRENT WEIGHT = 154.3
Goal #1 = 150 achieved:
Goal #2(Sephora&Mac Trip!) = 145 achieved:
Goal #3(New haircut!) = 140 achieved:
Goal #4 (A pair of 7 jeans!!)= 135 achieved:
pointless2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #18
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 180/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapedself View Post
Why do you have to get alcohol?

Because she probably wants to drink Alcohol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirenity View Post

I'm a big fan too, got most of the series on DVD aside from the last season and started to recollect the manga as it comes out (my old collection is long gone). Er . . . aren't there five seasons, not three? They did have Sailor Moon shirts at Hot Topic a few months back, not sure about now. But it was disappointing for me as they were only junior sizes and I'm far from that still, lol.
There's 5? hmm I have no clue it just 3 season which I DL, but I think they may all be bunched together because there are alot of episodes. I'll definitely have to double check. As for Junior sizes? WTH is up with that?! This is totally an "our generation" thing. You don't hear kids talking about Salior moon anymore, they probably don't even know what it is! Or maybe they do I don't know...but I'd totally be bummed too...and probably would have bought a Jr. size shirt for the **** of it haha.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #19

S/C/G: 215/201.5/155

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapedself View Post
Why do you have to get alcohol?
Because we're 20-somethings and that's what we do! Kidding... mostly hehe

Personally, I prefer doing shots and don't go to bars anymore so I can't really help you lol. Beer and mixed drinks make me too full, plus they get warm if I'm drinking them at a normal pace. I don't drink because I like the taste (I hate the taste of all of it), I drink because I like getting tipsy sometimes. So I'll have 3 shots of bourbon after my friends have had two drinks and call it a night, alcohol wise. That way I'll feel it but be mostly sober by the time the party dies out and it's time for bed.

Rerestarted July 23rd 2013

Last edited by Daki : 03-27-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #20
❈ one w/ the wind & sky ❈

S/C/G: 360/210/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZTaCCen View Post
There's 5? hmm I have no clue it just 3 season which I DL, but I think they may all be bunched together because there are alot of episodes. I'll definitely have to double check. As for Junior sizes? WTH is up with that?! This is totally an "our generation" thing. You don't hear kids talking about Salior moon anymore, they probably don't even know what it is! Or maybe they do I don't know...but I'd totally be bummed too...and probably would have bought a Jr. size shirt for the **** of it haha.
Yeah, they're probably bunched up together in some way. There are 200 episodes total, and it divides up like this:

Sailor Moon (1-46)
Sailor Moon R (47-89)
Sailor Moon S (90-127)
Sailor Moon SuperS (128-166)
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars (167-200)

Many episodes are left out of the English dub, and the last season was never licensed in North America in any form (although it's still relatively easy to find fansubs). I was a bigger fan 10-15 years ago but still light up whenever I see the show mentioned, and I'm still known to draw fanart.

I'm not sure, maybe I meant misses or ladies sizes? Either way I probably screwed up my descriptions! I'm horrible at keeping track of these things because I've been in plus sizes forever; all I know is that a 2X in a shirt like that is nowhere near the 2X I typically wear, if it exists at all, and that just about every cute shirt I've ever seen in Hot Topic is way too small for me. If I want something I have to pick from the men's tees. Anyway, you can see one of our members wearing one of those Sailor Moon shirt I've mentioned in her goal thread (not sure if she picked it up at Hot Topic but it's the only place I've seen them)!

Sorry to go so off-topic in this thread, maybe we can start one just for Sailor Moon fandom sometime?

Visit Elladorine.com to see my 150 lb. progress photos & more!Facebook Twitter

★ Goal for 2013: Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Baby REACHED 12-11-13]
★ Goal for 2014: Get under 200 pounds once and for all!!! ★
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #21
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointless2011 View Post
Why does alc has so many calories I dont get it?
I think, trying to remember my organic chemistry, its because the ethanol (which makes alcohol, alcohol) is metabolised into a sugar by the body. And we all know that sugar has calories

LEMON CHICKEN CRACKERS

"If you want to get thin, stick the mars bar up your a** and get a rottweiler to chase you down the street"- Billy Connolly
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #22

Height: 5'3.25''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daki View Post
Because we're 20-somethings and that's what we do! Kidding... mostly hehe

Personally, I prefer doing shots and don't go to bars anymore so I can't really help you lol. Beer and mixed drinks make me too full, plus they get warm if I'm drinking them at a normal pace. I don't drink because I like the taste (I hate the taste of all of it), I drink because I like getting tipsy sometimes. So I'll have 3 shots of bourbon after my friends have had two drinks and call it a night, alcohol wise. That way I'll feel it but be mostly sober by the time the party dies out and it's time for bed.
LOL yup. I always say no, honestly have not had a drink since Christmas, so I just feel like it-its one of the few things I can totally have on ocassion and have absolutely no desire for more. On the downside, that also means that I never know what to say when I order (scotch on the rocks...? wha??) Its not due to pressure from anyone. I am pretty neutral about alcohol, so any will be fine-its kinda of tough for me just to pick a drink I enjoy because I find all of them OK haha.
Thank you all for the tips! Now I feel more confident about ordering and not sounding like someone who came in with a fake ID haha.

I listened to my gut and it said "You could do with less of me."

B00ty-Underwear pic as of March 2014 NSFW
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #23

Height: 5'3.25''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZTaCCen View Post
Because she probably wants to drink Alcohol.

One time I thought that Naoko T. was coming to my local Borders (I was that young and naieve!) and I drew this picture for her to put her autograph on it. Turns out, it was an author of some DIC USA English "sailor moon" books
=(
I couldn't go, asked my sister to go and my sister said "I thought you were the japanese author?" and the author was like "i wish" and she wrote all over my drawing in bright red ink
I cried lol

I listened to my gut and it said "You could do with less of me."

B00ty-Underwear pic as of March 2014 NSFW
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #24
❈ one w/ the wind & sky ❈

S/C/G: 360/210/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
One time I thought that Naoko T. was coming to my local Borders (I was that young and naieve!) and I drew this picture for her to put her autograph on it. Turns out, it was an author of some DIC USA English "sailor moon" books
=(
I couldn't go, asked my sister to go and my sister said "I thought you were the japanese author?" and the author was like "i wish" and she wrote all over my drawing in bright red ink
I cried lol
Oh wow, lol. I can only imagine how painful that was. XD

Visit Elladorine.com to see my 150 lb. progress photos & more!Facebook Twitter

★ Goal for 2013: Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Baby REACHED 12-11-13]
★ Goal for 2014: Get under 200 pounds once and for all!!! ★
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #25
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 180/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
=(
I cried lol
I would have cried too! lol

Ella - I have all 200 episodes so I guess I have all 5 seasons haha. We should totally start a Sailor Moon fandom!

Okay I'm done sabotaging this thread...back to the original programing! lol
Old 03-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #26

S/C/G: 232/ticker!/170

Height: 5'8"

Weight watchers has a "drink" treat sheet...basically what I found was that you can't get much better than an orange juice/vodka (screwdriver) or a bloody mary -- two of my favorite drinks! Lucky me...

Minigoals
5% of weight lost (220.4): 220.0 8/12/13
10% of weight lost (208.8):
ONEDERLAND!:
15% of weight lost (197.2):
20% of weight lost (185.6):
26.7% off/GOAL (170):
BMI <25 (164):
chel3fsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.