Maybe my eating habits are causing a stall in weight loss?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: I think you are eating MORE than you realize. There was A LOT of guesstimation in there.... ALOT... especially on higher cal foods like the RANCH, oatmeal, croutons, cheese, etc. Id bet my next paycheck that if you actually WEIGHED everything you put in your mouth, on a digital scale, youd find your counts are off by prob HUNDREDS of cals a day.
    That's my vote, too. Looking just at the salad - 30 calories of croutons, a half ounce of cheese, 4 oz of chicken, and 1.5 servings of ranch is going to be around 500 calories, not 350.

Also, you've been doing this for ~12 weeks, and you've lost 28lb. That's an average of more than 2lb/week, or about 1% of your body weight a week. That's pretty good weight loss, especially to sustain for that long. Having several stalls in a month, isn't really a stall. Your body needs some time to rebuild itself in new, healthier ways. Making more blood vessels for muscles, removing connective tissue as fat stores shrink, etc. Your weight won't go down every day. It might pop up. It might go up and down...

My opinion is that you should cut yourself a little slack, keep doing what you're doing and give it some time to start working again. If you feel the need to do something - weigh your food, measure your food, and track your calories accurately.