3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

~~*March Chat Thread!*~~

Old 03-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #61

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

riestrella: Welcome back!!! I did read all that phew -_- but theres so much I dont even know where to start so ill wait till you write a smaller one lol

bopbot: thanks it was 2 days of pure joy and sunshine he was so happy slept through the night 2 nights in a row but now the monster cranky pants is back as i suspected because the 2 bottom teeth are trying to push through :/

quiet balerina: i have tried it... it works for like 5 minutes then hes done :/ he must be very warm blooded or something because no matter what i give him frozen spoon rag or whatever its like unfrozen and hot in minutes.

torito: nah id like to do an alaskan cruise and of course i wouldnt mind do the others as well ... i went on a caribbean cruise back in 2007 and it was the best vacation ive ever had in my life!!!! id like to do another caribbean cruise but the east one hit the bahamas etc so beautiful.. and I dont think so id be upset/mad as well... especially since you took your time to hang out with them/watch them, buy them candy, bring them to the movies etc... a hug was the least they could do.

Happy St Pattys Day everyone!!!! not much going on today, staying home with Aiden and his dad is coming over were going to watch some hockey have a couple drinks and make homemade pizza tonight mmmm
Yesterday was so beautiful again, were so lucky to be having such odd but beautiful weather this time of year.... some horrible tornados the other day in michigan felt so bad for the all those people and the destruction one of the downsides to weird weather in march but all in all its been great... got some nice walks in and we went shopping yesterday for Aidens little buddy Logans 1st birthday present... we got him some clothes and some little toy trucks and cars (he loves cars) and we got him a "Cars" (the movie) talking book and little soft stuffed animal car type thing... gonna grab him a couple other things too!

As I mentioned up top in one of the personals its been 2 days of pure joy and sunshine with Aiden he slept two nights in a row through the night his 2 top teeth are through but as i suspected the 2 bottom ones are now trying to push through and hes crankier then ever ugh -_- no sleep last night and hes cranky today as well.... lots of naps for him today lol

Weight wise im doing good... down from eating out at the restaurant on wednesday thank god but im still only where I started... this weight loss stuff is so frustrating i cant lose to save my soul.... i swear im going to like non stop workout or something cuz something has got to give soon... id like to just lose 3lbs by the end of march and be down to 215lbs

down 20lbs by my birthday January21st 10% loss: 215lbs 20% loss: 191lbs No longer obese 148lbs No longer overweight 134lbs
for every 5lbs!
My Personal Weight Loss and Healthy Info Page 411: https://www.facebook.com/CandicesWeightLoss411
candice1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #62

Height: 5'3.25''

So an update on today-I ended up ordering a lighter dish (this isn't the type of place that has low cal options, so i got some wonton noodle soup) and my father laughed at me-not in a malicious way but kind of a "silly, why order this when there's stirred lamb and lobster etc" and he said stuff like you can eat like this sometimes. I agree that I can-if I wanted to-but I ate all of that stuff growing up and I'm tired of it. Plus his idea of sometimes isn't mind-he too has high blood pressure and cholesterol and says that he hates going to the doctor etc, and I don't want to follow in that path. I already know what it tastes like and the taste is good, but I don't feel good eating it-its like the sensation and my emotions no longer coincide when it comes to eating high cal foods. I saw them eating-my dad didn't even want to talk to anyone, he was scarfing down this really oily food and I thought I don't want this kind of relationship with food anymore.
Wasn't perfect-still felt insecure when my fam said stuff BUT I noticed that I got a lot better. My sister said "why don't you order when we go out to eat? ITs rude to just get water. mom agrees that is rude" - and I said "because I don't like to eat out and whenever i suggest some other activity, you still just want to eat out" I didn't mention that she always pushes me to eat out too, when I never comment on her food choices, but it wasn't worth the fight and finally she goes "ok we can do something else" but I thought it was progress-usually I just end up feeling horrible and I would have ordered something to fit in-never would have immediately had a response.
I reminded myself "no one can force this food into my mouth" I did eat some bites of the food my dad put on my plate, but nothing else from the dishes other than that-I stuck to my wonton soup. When he made comments about my goals and stuff, I did feel insecure, but much less than before and I quickly bounced back and brushed it off. I know that he says those things to be helpful, and I don't have to agree.
I am nervous about going on vaca with my ENTIRE fam this winter-how will I stand up? But I think that I am progressing on my resistance, because before I would be fighting to keep myself from eating that food and now, I don't feel any yearning for it-its more that I am working on not feeling awkward around the fam.

I listened to my gut and it said "You could do with less of me."

B00ty-Underwear pic as of March 2014 NSFW
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #63
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone!

So this week was one massive epic fail weight loss wise. I can't even explain why on the eating end. It was just bad. Work out wise...I'm just so flipping tired by the time I get home. Not only was it the first week of a new schedule for me, but last sunday was day light savings time...so technically I was waking up at 4:30am instead of 5:30...at least it felt that way.
I wake up at 5:30 to get ready, I have to catch the train at around 7:00...I'm at the hospital all day until around 4, where I either catch the 4:15 or 4:44 express train back home. So I don't get home until around 5:15ish...and by that time I'm either STARVING (we have tiny lunches with no opportunities for snacks in between, and I will NOT eat on the train. It's so dirty) or exhausted...or both, that I just go home and crash. I need to do some sort of accountability. But although it was a failure of a week, I don't think I gained. I just feel yucky.
My boyfriend said that I should start going to his gym instead of mine. We go to the same fitness gym, but just different buildings. He goes with his brother and does nothing but strength training, while I do cardio. But I guess it's some sort of accountability where if I don't go, he'll ask me why I didn't go. Hopefully that'll work. I just hate his gym..it's smaller than mine, and the personal trainers HOG the whole abs work out area so I never get to do abs. The staff is also rude there to. I could go on for hours about this...

I'm going to the gym with my boyfriend today before we go out to dinner with a good friend of mine who is in town visiting. We're going to Dave and Busters because she's never been there! I'll probably just get a salad because I feel so gross. I'm going to find some good motivational quotes to put in my room, find one for my phone so I can always see it when I use it, and something for my car so when I'm exhausted after work, I still go. I need to find something that works. I hate feeling tired, but I also hate feeling this gross. And I know that if I don't do anything, that this will only get worse.

Yesterday was fun. My boyfriend and I went out for the night for St. Paddy's Day. I had made a homemade shepherd's pie and irish soda bread that turned out really well...my first time making it! We were so tired by midnight though that we just went back to my house and crashed. We feel so old now! I gave him a TON of left overs though for his house because I'll never finish it in time, and I just don't want the temptation in the house.

quite ballerina: that's cool your roommate is an SLP! I love the profession, but I can see what you mean with her liking it most of the time. It definitely gets stressful at times!

pixellate: It's really frustrating when someone always has something to say when I choose to eat a salad or soup at a restaurant. Next time they say something, you should dish out a comment on their food choice...I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate it! You have a lot of control though, which is great! For the vacation, suggest making dinner a couple of nights, or bring your own food so while they have their stuff, you have your healthy things to eat.

bopbot: zoo trips are always awesome! those are great goals in mind for those "what if" situations! Once I get a job I should definitely consider doing something like that! And farmers markets are awesome! Enjoy!

torito: that seriously stinks about losing your free time. It's great that you're helping out, but I understand that it can really put a limit on the time you have for things you need to get done. If you have that hour in the morning for the gym, bring your homework with you! There's been plenty of times that I've plopped myself on the elliptical or stair master and worked out for an hour while I read, highlighted, or even answered questions! It's quite a talent to have. And you're not being dramatic over the other kids either. That was incredibly rude of them to refuse to say goodbye because they were at the computers. Either call them out, or next time don't bring them treats because they obviously don't deserve it!

Rie: I had to laugh when you mentioned your boyfriend's mom babying the puppy. My mom got a cat in december, and the thing is her second child. She holds it like a baby, constantly talks to it, buys it crap EVERY week. It gets better...the cat's litter was shown on a tv show recently, and every time he was on tv, she had to scream "THERE HE IS" and if something bad happen, she would say "how dare they allow that to happen to my baby!" HOLY COW ITS A SHOW. Anyway, that was just a tid bit that amused me. I think it's a partial midlife crisis thing. God help our grandchildren...if this is how a pet is treated like, I fear for my future children. The distance will always stink. Although my distance wasn't across the pond, 2 hours was bad enough. Every time we had to leave to go back to school, I was a mess for a day! But just think of the wonderful time you had with him, and know that you love him and he'll be there for you no matter where you guys are. Congrats on maintaining while on vacation! That's always a huge accomplishment! And if you're sick of Insanity, you can always ship it over to me!

sgregg: this is my first year without a spring break. You lucky duck! Hope you're having a nice relaxing week!

LeilaJey: I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better!

My ultimate goal: Be happy and healthy
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #64
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

bopbot I agree about the empathy/being thankful thing. Iím sure I was like that as a kid, as are most.
mmm.. the farmers market sounds great! I love looking at homes for sale, a few years ago I almost bought one (I was probably like 20) but my parents convinced me otherwise, but I was still getting the emails of houses that fit my description and I was kinda sad when my realtor emailed me saying sorry he forgot to take me off the list and I stopped getting the emails. Itís fun to look, I dream of renovating my parents house all the time.

pizelllate Glad to hear that your dinner went ok. I often have to remind myself that only I can control what I eat when others tell me its ok to splurge.

Candice glad to hear about the good weather, and that heís sleeping through the night. Keep on pluggin away at the weight loss and eventually it will come off, I know it can be frustrating.

Samantha I know exactly what you mean about being flipping tired. I get up for school at 6, and donít get home till after 7 when I go to the gym after school. Snacks are pretty easy to fit in though, but I always try and bring quiet snacks lol. If youíre more likely to go to your bfs gym I would, but if youíre going to hate it every moment youíre there I wouldnít. Motivational quotes are great, check out reasons to be fit tumblr.
I canít do homework at the gym, Iím at the gym to focus on me and generally Iím lifting weights or doing something where I canít concentrate on small letters on a page.

Itís been a pretty tame weekend, I didnít do anything for st pattys day. I went out and bought my nephew a new bike for his birthday, so we went for a bike ride yesterday. It was pretty fun, I havenít ridden my bike in literally years (I got called a dyke by some guys one time and I never got on againÖ donít ask me why I let that stop me). So today is my last day of reading break and I have SO MUCH TO DO, that Iím doing the logical thing and avoiding it. Tisk tisk.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #65

Height: 5'3.25''

sammalamma - small lunches are the WORST cause they are like a bad tease-enough to make you wanting more. I too hate eating on the train, I can't believe I used to do that-what a waste of cals. Sounds like you did fine by calorie wise though-I think that the yucky feeling is a good sign-your body is telling you to stop-until I started feeling disgust, I used to eat anything, anywhere.
Thanks for the tips! I am going to start bringing high fiber crackers if something like that happens again, so that I go to a restaurant full. Glad I got a "taste" of what vaca with the fam may be like so I can come here and get good advice!

Torito-I want to learn how to ride a bike! I'm glad that you got on one, and if something like that happened to me, I would have felt horrible. Is reading break like a break before exams? Isn't it crazy how the most boring activities are fascinating when you are procrastinating? LOL

I listened to my gut and it said "You could do with less of me."

B00ty-Underwear pic as of March 2014 NSFW

Last edited by pixelllate : 03-18-2012 at 08:27 PM.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #66

S/C/G: 245/222/140

Height: 5'6"

Whew...that's a lot to read. I read some and skimmed some.

torito
- A bike ride sounds like fun. My hubby and I keep talking about buying us some good bikes so we can go riding every now and then. And why would they call you a dyke? That's weird.

samma - Yes, spring break was very relaxing and I'm not looking forward to that alarm clock in the a.m. How was the experience at the bf's gym this time? I have never been to a Dave and Buster's either, but I keep seeing ads about it. I think the nearest one to me is about 2 hrs away. About being too exhausted to work out...I know what you mean. I have to get up about 5:15am and I'm gone all day at the elem. school and then have to come home and get supper ready and get the kids settled. I was thinking of waking up about 4:30am and doing Jillian's 30 day shred, but I just don't know if I want to roll out of bed that stinkin' early!

pixelllate
- I'm glad the lunch with your dad wasn't too weird and good for you for standing up for yourself!! One day your folks will just get used to it and it will be old news...hang in there!

Candice
- I hope Aiden gets those teeth on thru smoothly this time. Marley just cut her 7th one and I think another is trying to come through because she has been a little fussy. You should definitely try the teething tablets if you haven't yet. They work wonders. Also, it's ok to give him Tylenol or Motrin for the pain.

bopbot - I'm going to have to check into getting one of those care credit cards. Thanks for mentioning it.

Rie - Glad you made it back home safely! And yeah, your bf's mom does sound a little wacko, but everyone has that one family member that's a little off.

AS for me, well, spring break was AWESOME. I'm so not looking forward to waking up at the butt-crack of dawn in the a.m...which is why I really need to be in bed right now. Anyway, I didn't track anything this week. My goal is to track every single thing I put in my mouth for the next 5 days. I've slacked on tracking and I'm hoping being consistent with it will get me back in the habit. I was also thinking about starting a workout routine in the morning before getting ready...which means I'll have to wake up at 4:30am and do a quick workout like Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I so hate home dvd's, but I need to start doing something if I'm going to do this for real. However, Marley started being mobile within the last 2 weeks, so I'm constantly on my toes making sure she's not getting into anything. I've been losing slowly since being at the elem. school all day just because I'm constantly doing something and I don't eat very much. I would like to speed it up just a little so I'm thinking I need to do some kind of exercise. Maybe I could just do more around the house instead since I really don't have the time to give up. Sigh...okay...rambling. I better go!

"Being fat is hard. Losing is hard. Maintaining is hard. Choose your hard."

June Daily Weigh-In!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #67
Samantha

sgregg: waking up at 4:30 am should be illegal. just saying! haha. I went to my gym today instead of his because he doesn't go every day and the days he goes alters. Apparently he went today and I didn't know. His mom is getting surgery tomorrow, so we might not be able to run together. I'll probably just run around somewhere before going to his house.

Valuable lesson of the day: NEVER drink a large iced coffee an hour before going to the gym. I power walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill before becoming incredibly shaky and dizzy. I actually feel a little sick still and it's been 2 hours. Oh well. Live and learn.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #68

S/C/G: 245/222/140

Height: 5'6"

I so did not wake up that early. Marley decided to choose last night to stay up all night. I got about 4 hours of sleep. I took a 10 minute power nap a little while ago, so I could finish some things before going to bed tonight. Plus, I ate a huge dinner and I didn't want to lay down right after eating. I tracked everything I ate today AND I have not had one Diet Dr. Pepper all day. That's a super good thing for me because I usually drink too much of it. I had coffee this morning and unsweet tea at lunch, but then water the rest of the time. My weight was up this morning due to Spring Break and AF bloatiness, so I think I'm going to wait until Wednesday before I do an official weigh in. How was everyone's Monday?

Samma - I have never had iced coffee that has made me jittery. However, I did drink some yesterday and had a hard time getting settled last night.

"Being fat is hard. Losing is hard. Maintaining is hard. Choose your hard."

June Daily Weigh-In!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #69
Samantha

Sgregg: I usually don't get jittery either. I guess Dunkin Donuts put a little extra in for me haha.

So I woke up in the middle of the night with a stomach bug. So I had to call out of work today. Oh joy.

Hope everyone has a nice first day of spring!

Old 03-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #70
Awesome

S/C/G: see ticker

Samma, might've been the stomach bug. Whenever I get those, I often have a jittery feeling right before I get sick.

Way to go, sgregg! I find that the hardest thing about sticking to a plan are the days when everything ELSE doesn't go as . . . well, planned.

I've been trying to eat a little less sodium for the past few days to get a better idea of what I ACTUALLY weigh right now after having eaten at roughly maintenance for two weeks. I was 166.2lbs when I began two Wednesdays ago, and I stepped on the scale this morning to discover . . . 166.0lbs. Woohoo maintaining! Also woohoo for already having reached my goal for the month of March. I may try to lose another pound by the end of the month once I can exercise again. There's barely any pain in my ribs now.

Also, the boyfriend made the most AMAZING salad for dinner last night: roast beets, spring greens, home-candied walnuts, chicken, a homemade dressing and a little bit of yogurt . . . mmm.

Ad astra per aspera!
bopbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #71

S/C/G: 176/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Hello 3FCs!! Haven't been on here in a couple of weeks and missed this forum a lot! I arrived in Belize 2 weeks ago where I'm carrying out marine conservation research, doing lots and lots of swimming which should - in theory! - be making me super skinny (5/6km a day!) , doing way more exercise than usual. BUT I've no access to a scales and am scared that all the burritos and milkshakes are going to take their toll! Salads are way more expensive here than tacos and burritos, makes dieting a bit tough! However, tomorrow I'm going to try get back on track and cut out the fatty foods, as otherwise it's a perfect opportunity to lose weight without having to force myself to do exercise! Oh well, should get a tan at the very least Hope all u guys are doing good, hopefully when I next weigh in (probably June :/) i'll have made it to target..?!! Oh well, p.s. belated Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Birthday goal..!
Buckkeepblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #72
From Hippo to Hot!

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

QB - Thanks, I missed you guys too! Yeah, I do think his Mum might have something wrong with her...her mind seems just wired the wrong way =/.

philana - Well done for getting back on track! Don't worry about eating the junk, it happens to us all! We have to live after all.

torito - Thanks for reading my post! Yeah, I know for sure I'm seeing him in August. So I have a vague count down! But for now I'm focusing on saving up money and waiting for interview results. It won't feel real until I have a date though! It was always a downfall of mine too, but this time I was determined to not slip up. So I just made sure I exercised and had 1 treat a day. It worked!
Wow, those kids do sound ungrateful. Maybe you should have said something right there and then to them directly about what you did for them. Kids need disciplining or else they don't know any better.

bopbot - I know what you mean about weddings, I would want mine to be simple - perhaps in a garden of a nice house and have the reception on a deck of some sort? I just want an excuse to have lanterns and fairy lights everywhere! But yeah, it's ridonkulous how much they expect you to pay for things. I would love to live in Kyoto too, I think once I'm over there for a year I will just move there anyway and get a job directly with a school instead of through a programme/company. The bf is doing exactly what all us white people are doing over there - teaching English!
You sound very conscious of your money, good for you. I too like to plan ahead and save money. I'm not focusing on a house, but I do want to live in a city at some point so I'll be saving for that. Remember to do what makes you happy in life now. There's no point being over worked for years just so you can have a house one day in the future, because you don't know your plans might change. So while it's good to be prepared, make sure to live happily right now.

candice - Glad you're having nice weather! I wish we were too, but England never gets nice weather ever =p. What are you doing to lose weight? Maybe you need to change things up a bit?

samma - Life happens and sometimes we simply can't fit in time to be conscious of our weight! Don't worry about it too much. If you don't like your bf's gym, then don't go! I would advise against it, you might start snapping at your bf every time he questions why you weren't there. So to prevent some tension, I would avoid it. Don't punish yourself so much and say you're gross! You're a beautiful girl.
Yeah, she's a whole jar of nuts that woman. Funny how some women treat animals as children. Thanks for the support, you're right, I'm lucky to have him!

sgregg - You know me, I'm a fitness freak I will always encourage people to work out! But I also encourage to do what you like, not what you hate!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #73

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

philana welcome back!

torito I'd be upset by the kids not saying goodbye too. I'm sorry they acted that way.

bopbot Wow! I stand corrected on my credit card comment. Silly me. that's awesome that you're planning so well for your future! I'm impressed.

candice Poor little guy! Those are my only teething tricks. That, and putting a regular teether in the fridge vs freezer so it isn't too cold. but it doesn't sound like that would help him at all.

*whew* sorry I've gone and disappeared again. Remember how last Monday one of the babies I look after got sick? Well, that Wednesday her mom caught the stomach bug....Friday her dad got it...and I got it Saturday night. I was so bummed! I didn't even go out for St. Patrick's Day because I was so worn out after the week. I had one glass of wine in the evening. Felt awful Saturday night and had a fever. Still felt gross Sunday; didn't eat anything all day. Called in sick Monday and only had crackers.

I'm back at work now, and still mostly just eating bread, crackers, and applesauce. Trying to add in other foods (had a yogurt earlier) but doing without my coffee isn't fun. Hopefully I'll be back to 100% soon.

This weekend though...VERY much looking forward to it! Going up to NYC for a show! (I think I talked about it before when I bought the tickets. sorry...bad memory sometimes) I still need to dig through my closet to figure out what I'm going to wear. I think I have a dress in mind...we'll see.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:22 PM   #74
Samantha

Bopbot: all I can say to that dinner is...NOM!

Rie: I doubt I'll go to his gym since traffic going there is horrible! He wouldn't pester me about not going...he's so spacy he would probably forget about our deal within a week!!

Quiet: glad to see I wasnt the only one in misery! NYC sounds like its going to be a blast!

Feeling much better today, I went back to my externship today. My appetite is not back, so I ate pretty small today. I had a couple dizzy spells too from being dehydrated, but Im pretty sure I'm a fish now with how much water I've drank today!! I also made it on the local news TWICE today. One was about people safely crossing the street when a train is coming...so I looked like a fool sprinting across the street for the train when I was given the okay, and the other was me just passing by in the afternoon, which also was about the public transportation company and their security going on strike. I love Philly. Haha!

Well I'm off to bed soon since I'm an old fart. Have a good one!

Old 03-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #75
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

pixel EVERYTHING is better than studying. My house is never as clean as it is when I have exams to study for. Reading break is spring break, my exams were all around it.
sgregg I thought it was weird too, but being a approx 13 year old girl getting called a dyke by 15 year olds made me feel like poop.
Glad your spring break went well, and good luck with being back on track
Samantha hope you feel better!
bopbot glad to hear your rib is feeling better, and I agree that dinner sounds delish!
buckkeepblue good luck with cutting out fatty foods. Can you take measurements or even watch how your clothes are fitting to make sure you have a gauge?
riestrella You can do it, you’re strong! If you could be in America and not gain (barely) any weight I’m sure you’ll do just fine.
quiet awe I hope you feel better. It seems like I’m saying that a lot, I guess it’s that time of year. Have fun in NYC! I’m jealous!

It’s been a stressful week, with two midterms this week and my study room is also the spare bedroom, so where my nephew sleeps so I’ve been getting kicked out, or having to listen to the tv while trying to study so I’ve been super frustrated. Actually I just feel frustrated about everything lately, must be PMS. I came home yesterday and there was timbits (amazing donut holes for all you non-canadians lol) on the counter and I got so mad, but I calmly explained to my mom that temptations are really hard for me and I’d appreciate if stuff wasn’t left in front of my face. Then she made chicken cordon blue for dinner tonight. Sigh. I grumply ate my spinach salad (which was good!) Plus the fact that the scale is bouncing around like CRAZY, which never happens to me has me even more frustrated.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.