Old 03-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #16  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Riestrella Japan? Sounds amazing, have fun! How long will you be there for?

bopbot
Fresh herbs are amazing too! Maybe you could grow tomatoes or something in your windows?

torito yum yum, sounds great. I love it.. I'm only learning about it now but my boyfriend used to sell organic vegetables. Now we're only growing enough for ourselves. It's nice to see where food comes from.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 163/155.8/140

Height: 5' 5"

iconised: So far my plan has just been tracking my calories and actually being honest about what i eat which i usually don't do and going to the gym 3-4 days a week and i usually do some weight lifting then 35 minutes on the elliptical! Oh and i'll be graduating with a degree in nursing :-)
candice: Thanks for the suggestion. I definitely need to work on the water thing, i'm so addicted to soda! also, starting slow and pacing myself is hard too, i tend to jump into things fast at first then quit like you said. This time around i'm really trying to make managable choices and not restrict anything, but just moderate it. And i definitely remember the plastic kitchen toys too lol...i used to love them
jwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalk View Post
iconised: So far my plan has just been tracking my calories and actually being honest about what i eat which i usually don't do and going to the gym 3-4 days a week and i usually do some weight lifting then 35 minutes on the elliptical! Oh and i'll be graduating with a degree in nursing :-)
candice: Thanks for the suggestion. I definitely need to work on the water thing, i'm so addicted to soda! also, starting slow and pacing myself is hard too, i tend to jump into things fast at first then quit like you said. This time around i'm really trying to make managable choices and not restrict anything, but just moderate it. And i definitely remember the plastic kitchen toys too lol...i used to love them
jwalk: no problem... ya def lose some of the soda itll make a HUGE difference.... sounds like your on to a good start tho with tracking your calories and such.... lmfao and I ended up getting him his own play toy cell phone too cause hes always screaming for mine which wasnt so bad because when i went to pay she said i had a free $30 gift card from all my points win!!
candice1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #19  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

How is everyone?

I'm on antibiotics and as soon as I take one it eats everything in my stomach and I am starrrving. Not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. They've also made me really tired and dizzy so I didn't do any exercise today. Ahh well, it'll be over in a few days.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #20  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! The website finally opened for me!!! I kept getting errors for the past week whenever I tried to post!

I've been SO off with my eating and exercising. I'm trying to transition over to a different schedule since when I start my medical externship placement in one week, I won't be able to go to the gym in the morning anymore. But at the same time...maybe the medical placement will be a good change for me. I won't have that chance to binge when I get home (yeah...lots of binging because I've been really tired, and I know I'm eating poorly, but I can't stop) because I'll be at the gym instead, and I won't be able to eat that much at the hospital because I'll be out and about seeing patients all day long. I'm just at my ends wit. This was SO easy for me 2 years ago, and I'm dying to have my body back from 2 years ago....but I just can't get into it. And when I am into it for 2-3 weeks, I see NO results. Not even a .2lb weight loss. Nothing. Maybe I need a buddy to talk to. Again, I get no support from home. My mom was finally understanding when I broke down last weekend, but that was VERY short lived.

I'll get into personals later...I just needed to get on here and rant about my inability to stick to program.
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

(cross post between this and Bikini challenge)
I'm still here...lurking.
Stupid TOM is here, and I am MISERABLE. Spent most of the weekend cuddled in bed with my heating pad and pillows. Caught up on all kinds of shows on my DVR.
Oh! I think I forgot to tell y'all: Classes and finals went really well. My final grades were awesome! Started my second term. I tested out of one of the classes, so now I only have a class Tues/Thurs night and it.is.amazing! So nice to have a lighter schedule.

Not like I needed more, but now I have additional reasons to get in better shape: my brother's graduation in May, and my cousin's wedding in July.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #22  

quiet ballerina: Dont you just hate TOM? Im on my last day and usually my first two days are horrendous... I usually cant even move because of the cramps but this month it wasnt even that bad I only had to take a tylonel once. thank god... hopefully it gets better for you. Glad to hear classes and finals and exams and all that went well!! Congrats on testing out on one of the classes thats awesome! Heres to loosing the weight!!!

sammalamma- good luck on the transition it can be really hard some times... no worries about eating horrible as long as you get back on track and stick to your new schedule everything will be fine im sure I can relate about wanting a previous body.. I would kill just to be the 180lbs I was before I got pregnant just a little over a year ago... I can totally relate to no support from home as well.. its all gung ho you can do it for like a week then it dies down and Im on my own again... totally why I joined this forum cause everyone is soooo supportive and the success stories are so motivating... dont give up you can do it.

Well busy month ahead for me... so far I talked to the loan place today and got them to give me an interest free extension for paying back my loans since im going to be broke for awhile... so I have 6 months according to them of interest free repayment assistance now and im good. tomorrow I have a doctors apointment for my thyroid... and I hate those apointments because for one every time I go in their scale is always 2lbs more then mine... so when im really 218 it says im 220 which is frustrating cause I know im not.... also the last time I was there 3 months ago I was like 221lbs i think?? somewhere around there and when I go in tomorrow ill be like 219/218 somewhere around there which he'll say I havent lost very much but really just a few weeks ago I was down to 216lbs which I would have lost quite a bit for me... but my weight fluctuates so much he dont see my progress... crappy but heres to a loss either way and hopefully I dont need to change my meds again and he'll get me back on track with my diet. then wednesday I have to call back social assistance and get an appointment to see them since my maternity leave benefits run out the end of this month and I have no job to go back to Thursday is my sisters 23rd birthday so Ill be heading home for that.. hopefully I can stick to a small, very small piece of cake and not gain anything from it... Saturday I have family pictures at Walmart, my grandmother won a free 11x13 or something like that so she wants the WHOLE family, me and all my siblings, the grandparents, my mom and me and my brothers kids.... yea 7 adults and 2 babies all jammed into the shot haha should be interesting :P Ive got a lot of running around to do because in april I can give my 2 months notice here and go apartment hunting for a 2 bedroom for me and my son... which I think I found a really nice place and theres openings but she told me to keep checking in until April that way I can set something up and move in on July 1st So hopefully I get it fingers crossed... I also have my brothers 18th birthday on the 24th and have to go home for that... more cake :S ugh and with Easter coming up at the beginning of April Im glad that ive got all that shopping out of the way and I can relax when the time comes

Other then all that I spent all day today cleaning my house head to toe with cleaners and products, sanitizing everything and throwing out garbage and boxes and everything I could thing of that wasnt needed.... ( this was all after watching the movie contagion last night lol ) ya kinda grossed me out and scared me a little bit.... especially with a baby crawling around touching everything and putting everything in his mouth. Good movie tho if you can handle it... lol Making a really nice dinner tonight for my son and I, grilled chicken with some steamed green beans and a baked potato and maybe carrots... And Im thinking of throwing my laundry in tonight too but then I wont have anything to keep me busy tomorrow so I might wait and do it tomorrow after my doctors appointment... but thats all for now Im rambling on about my day. Hope everyones having a great day!

Last edited by candice1022; 03-05-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #23  
Awesome

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

candice, I LOVED Contagion. I expected a B movie (hadn't seen the cast list before watching) so the movie was a very pleasant surprise.

Sorry to hear TOM is being so unkind, QuietBallerina. Mine's never too bad, aside from the week-and-a-half-long period of no weight loss (followed by a delightful whoosh, which I finally saw this morning).

Bad news, guys. We took Zara, my six-year-old kitty, back to the vet on Saturday, and she called this morning to say Zara may have a kidney infection and heart disease, and likely has early stage feline chronic kidney disease. Fortunately, she's stable and quite happy at the moment, so I'm feeling a bit more positive about the rough times to come. For now, we're putting her on antibiotics and moving her to a low-protein-percentage, high-protein-quality diet to slow the progression of the disease. In a few months, we'll do an ECG to check out what's going on around the heart.

Fingers crossed that her disease progresses slowly so she's with us for several years to come.

Edit: I should probably add that I'm okay, but I also have no appetite. The ol' bf is coming over in a little while and we're going to make kitty cuddles and enjoy the time we have together.

Zara and Arthur are tussling on my (wool, impossible to de-cat-hair) coat. It's really hard to believe she's sick. But we caught it SO EARLY, before any visible symptoms, that it's likely just the dietary change will keep her around for a good, long while.

Last edited by bopbot; 03-05-2012 at 07:08 PM.
bopbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #24  

bopbot: Im so so sorry to hear about Zara, that is a lot to be wrong with a 6 year old kitten. poor baby Hopefully fingers crossed its like you said... her disease takes many years to progress and you have tons of time left with her... its funny how attached we get and so quickly to our pets... I still remember my poor little scooter like it was yesterday cuddling with me at night in my bed And Im glad to hear you are ok... but you should try to eat something at least some crackers or a sandwich or something...

Off to the doctors shortly... this morning while going through Aiden's clothes I have discovered that my 9 month old has moved into his 12 month stuff :S ugh hes growing too quickly and I now have to go shopping All the clothes I was given as gifts for my shower and whatnot only went up to 12 months so the huge suitcase I had put away full of clothes ... is finally empty lmao

Last edited by candice1022; 03-06-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #25  

Leila sorry you're having a rough time on antibiotics. Will they be over soon?

samma I've been getting errors too, so it definitely isn't just you!
You've got lots of ears (err...eyes?) to listen to/read your problems. So vent all you want!

candice I know. cramps are awful. Mine aren't as bad as yours sounded, but they still aren't fun. I'm glad I got them on the weekend when I could relax, instead of during the work week. Yuck.
You already have your Easter shopping done?! Awesome job! And good luck with the potential apartment! Even though some things about my apt complex really annoy me...I don't want to deal with the pain of moving! Haha

bopbot Aww, your poor kitten! One of my best friends when I was 5 or 6 was named Zara!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #26  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Hello Everyone... I have lurked here and there for a while... Been pretty active on these forums for a few months now... So I just wasnted to say HELLO!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #27  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome jwalk!

leilajey sorry to hear about the stupid antibiotics. Hopefully you wont have to take them for long

samma Im sorry to hear about your lack of support. Don’t forget about all the support here. I know it’s hard at home when you don’t have any, I feel it too sometimes and I just have to remember that I want it for me, so all I need is for me to support me. You can do it! And good luck with the new schedule.

quiet sorry to hear about TOM. Such a downer, just remember that soon enough it’ll be over. Congrats on the good grades

Candice woah sounds like you’re quite the busy lady. I can see how those weigh ins can be frustrating when they don’t see the loss because of fluctuations. Good luck with the family photo, sounds like you’ll need it lol

bopbot awe I’m sorry to hear about Zara but lucky you found it early. Fingers crossed for you

jelly welcome and hello!

I’m so looking forward to reading break next week, though I have so much homework to get caught up on. I created a countdown until end of semester/mexico (82 days!) and I can’t waaaaait. I saw my brother for the first time in a year yesterday, as he’s moved up north for work, it was nice to chat and he said he still had 30 sessions of hot yoga and asked if I’d want them. So I got a phone call today saying they had been transferred over to my name ☺ I haven’t tried it before so I’m excitedly nervous.
torito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #28  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Just popping in to say hello. After having my 2nd child I never bothered to shed the baby weight until now. I'll probably be by a little more often. The wonderful group of 3FC was so helpful to me last time around, I'd be happy to be a part of the crowd again.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #29  

torito Hot yoga? I've heard of it, but never tried it myself.

....after doing personals yesterday, I forgot to write my own post! Oops.

It's Wednesday! Who else is excited? I'd be much more excited if it were Friday...but that's okay.
Oh! I don't know if any of y'all have tried it (or heard of it) but I ordered The Firm Wave and I'm so excited for it to get here. There are some days (especially on the weekends) when I just don't want to go to the gym; I feel like staying in and catching up on shows on my DVR.
So I figured it would be a good thing to get, and I can work out on that while I watch TV. Plus, I got it on ebay (still brand new!) so it was a lot cheaper than on the website.
If I had room in my apt I'd get an elliptical, but there just isn't enough space.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #30  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I'd be more excited if it was friday too, because that would mean my weigh in for the week was already done

I have space in my house for an elliptical, but I'm afraid to spend the money and end up with a fancy coat rack. I'm thinking of restarting c25k, but I gotta be honest, I really REALLY hate running.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote