Best way to describe my figure on a dating site?

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • BTW, how'd the sports bar date go? What did you end up wearing?
  • jerzygal, what I've been told to send as a first email that works a lot is something fairly short. I usually send: "Hi, I'm Lauren! I noticed that you really enjoy [activity/book/whatever]. Me too! [ask them a question about it]" and that's it. I send out tons of these messages and sometimes I get a response, sometimes I don't. The guy might think "I've viewed her profile and she knows that - why hasn't she messaged me?" A lot of people make a profile and kind of wait to find the perfect person. But let's be honest - read your profile, does that really describe everything you are, exactly right? No! So I send messages to guys I'm not super sure about, but I think I might have something in common with. Sometimes we have a really good conversation and talk about things I wouldn't have known just from reading their profile. One of the people on this forum told me this and I'm going to repeat it - don't get your heart set on anybody just from their profile. You get to know them so much more from a phone call, or meeting in person for an hour. I met a guy who I really liked online, and we ended up having NOTHING to talk about in person. A conversation just didn't happen. I've only been at this for a few weeks but I feel like I've learned a ton, haha. Feel free to PM me!

And the sports bar date went really well! At least I think it did, haha. I wore skinny jeans and one of the few cute tops I have. :P It's this thing you wear over a cami (does it have a name?) from Forever 21 that's really pretty. I think I'm wearing it in one of the pics I posted in the original post in this thread! We ended up sitting outside (so we didn't even watch a game, the original reason we went there) and talking for about 2 hours. It wasn't late though so we decided to go back to his place and watch a movie. Which sounds kind of risky....everyone knows what "watch a movie" means, haha. But I mean it, we watched a movie. Which was nicer than going to a different bar and getting drinks (IMO) but we didn't talk much during that. After he said he'd come up to where I live next time and we'd hang out again. I don't know how he feels about me though, since he isn't really the one initiating contact here. We may hang out again this weekend, and I think since that's date #3 that'll give me a fairly good idea of how he (and I) feel.
  • I'd put average and then add your picture. Pictures are worth a thousand words, and the guy can judge for himself.
  • This was so helpful for me, MusicalAstronaut. I've sent a bunch of emails like you suggested. We'll see what happens. I'll keep in touch about it. Thanks!
  • Quote: I wore skinny jeans and one of the few cute tops I have. :P It's this thing you wear over a cami (does it have a name?)
    What you're describing is either a cardigan (if it's made of thinner material and goes to your hips), a shrug (if it's made of thinner material and stops at your natural waist) or a cropped jacket (if it's made of thicker material)