3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Best way to describe my figure on a dating site?

Old 02-29-2012, 12:41 AM   #16

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

You are very pretty and you look "average". You carry your weight really well.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:32 AM   #17

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Thanks. Tell that to my ex, haha. I want to do the dating site so I can meet *nice* guys, not ones that text me stupid stuff like "its cuz your so hot". Seriously? What girl gets a text like that and thinks to herself, "here is a fine gentleman that I would like to date"? Lol.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:12 AM   #18
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

I've been on dating sites a couple of times and yes, you get the idiots and players, but I've also met a couple of really nice guys. The last time I went on a dating site, it was just to have some male conversation more than anything, ended up meeting a lovely guy So try it and see who you meet, you won't know until you try it!

Also, I found a lot of guys on there said they were average and they really weren't. But we all think you actually ARE average! And if a guy is so hung up on looks, he's not even worth your time.
lilmisschattabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:13 AM   #19
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

I think you look great, I would go for average. You don´t look over weight to me, you look fantastic!

P.S. I met my hubby through meetic. No one knows, but I thank god for dating sites!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:00 AM   #20
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/143/125

Height: 5'6"

Curvy is a good word and you look good by the way!
Old 02-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #21

Height: I'm really short!

I would put average, I think a different posture may help, try not to slouch

2-hour cardio 3x a week
Legs workout 2x a week
More liquids, less carbohydrates and meats
mail me any advice at all, I really appreciate it
Jan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #22

S/C/G: 232/ticker!/170

Height: 5'8"

On average, the man's ideal body weight for a woman is "heavier" than a woman's ideal body weight for herself. Don't worry about what they claim they want! When they see you (and you are GORGEOUS!) they will be happy with what they see -- and that hip/waist ratio is a killer

Minigoals
5% of weight lost (220.4): 220.0 8/12/13
10% of weight lost (208.8):
ONEDERLAND!:
15% of weight lost (197.2):
20% of weight lost (185.6):
26.7% off/GOAL (170):
BMI <25 (164):
chel3fsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #23
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

I sure as hope I look like you in 11lbs. LOL.

And I'm with 'a few extra lbs' or 'curvy'.. GL!

Halloween Goal:

That's not sweat, it's your fat cells crying! KEEP GOING!
Mini Goals: 265 - done! 260 - done! 255 - done! 245 - done! 240 - done! 235 - done! 230 - 225 - 220 - 215 - 210 - 205 - 199
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #24

Thanks, kateleestar! It's so weird for me to be on the receiving end of that, haha.

I decided to make a profile on OkCupid too, because it's free. I'll practice there a bit and see if I like online dating, before I pay Match.com. :P
Old 02-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #25

S/C/G: 232/ticker/140

We have almost exactly the same stats, and when I was using a dating site I put "normal" or "average" as my body shape. You really do look "normal" in your pic (whatever that means lol). Definitely not overweight at all. Online dating is a great way to shop for guys. I met my current boyfriend on Plentyoffish. You definitely have to weed through the crazies, but there are some genuine guys out there.

I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me
MedChick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #26

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicalAstronaut View Post
Thanks, kateleestar! It's so weird for me to be on the receiving end of that, haha.

I decided to make a profile on OkCupid too, because it's free. I'll practice there a bit and see if I like online dating, before I pay Match.com. :P
Different sites will yield different results so keep that in mind. Because OKC is free, you'll likely get a lot of duds. I've tried it and PoF and I've found a very small handful of guys who I'd consider dating. So if you don't get good results on OKC, don't let it get you down!

Healthy BMI reached!

"I knew at that moment I had to make a choice. I could submit to everything that was happening and live a life of excuses…or I could push myself. I could push myself and make my life good."
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadya View Post
Different sites will yield different results so keep that in mind. Because OKC is free, you'll likely get a lot of duds. I've tried it and PoF and I've found a very small handful of guys who I'd consider dating. So if you don't get good results on OKC, don't let it get you down!
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm expecting. There seem to be a lot of younger people on OKC than on Match.com. Probably for the same reason as me, haha, it's free. I think I'll give it some time and see what happens.

On the other hand, I already have 2 dates! What???? Lol. Take THAT, James!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #28

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Okay, so I have recently become the "queen" among my people of online dating. I've used eHarmony, Match, PlentyofFish, OkCupid, and Craigslist (yeah...I said it...). I did not like eHarmony at all. It kept matching me with guys that were way shorter than me or way into sports. The height isn't that big of a deal, but I'm a tall girl and not into someone that is 5'2". I remember getting more "players" on Match than I expected, so I wasn't too impressed. PoF was short lived, I didn't really like how it worked. OkCupid seemed great. I met about 6 guys over the course of 5 months from OkC. We were very compatible. We had similar interests. They just all seemed to burn out. Surprisingly, I've had the most success with Craigslist. I had a 1.5 year relationship with someone I met there and I am currently in a relationship from someone I met there (Met at the beginning of December, he's been my BF since Dec 31).

So that all being said, here are some common things that I have found: *Every site, no matter what, is going to have the players. You'll get random messages with dirty/inappropriate text. Delete them. Set the person to ignore if possible. Don't sweat it.
*Don't wait around to get messaged. You will need to message quite a few people before you get a response.
*Don't do anything you aren't comfortable with and be smart if/when you meet someone. I had several rules that I followed to ensure my safety. I required that we messaged back and forth through the site quite a bit. I then moved to texting. Then I would set up a "phone date". These actually usually went very well. With the guys I met in person, I usually had already spoken with them on the phone for 10+ hours. I also make sure to get their first and last names so I could check them out on Facebook (to see if they were a "real" person). When I did meet up with them, it would be at a public and busy place. I would get two different friends the guys number, full name, and any other info that would help ICE. I usually got there early, too, so I could get their license plate (if I saw them get out of their car). So basically, be safe and be smart. Make sure someone knows where you are going. Reading it now sounds a bit over the top, but it's all about safety.

So I guess in the end, I was more impressed with CL. I urge you to be very cautious with it (I made them friend me on FB first, spoke with them on the phone several times, and I picked the place we met...oh and I brought pepper spray). But it can be a success story.

I find it funny that a lot of people are against online dating or think lesser of someone that uses it...why not? How is it any worse then meeting a random stranger at a coffee shop? They could be a murderer, too.

Good luck!
Oh, and I agree that average looks right. I put that as mine (and ummm in the US, overweight is average).

ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #29

Whoa, I wrote a novel, huh? lol

Old 02-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #30

Oh and if you decide to use CL, make sure you make a "fake" email address. That way if you get an email from someone that sounds good, but turns out to be not so good, they don't have your real email....I have plenty of tips...feel free to PM me.

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.