Old 02-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #1  

Default Do you feel worse about your weight during PMS?

I am PMSing right now and I feel extra mopey about my weight, even though I know I will be in better shape later.
I don't look too different (tho the thigh chafing has lessened).
Just gotta remind myself, its my hormones changing or whatever affecting my mood and keep going strong!
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #2  
Awesome

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I'm mopey right now because it's 2-3 days before my TOM and I know I won't see any weight loss this week. I hate that.

Edit: I'm especially mopey because I'm within .3lbs of my first goal, which marks the loss of 10% body fat!

Last edited by bopbot; 02-27-2012 at 05:22 PM.
bopbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #3  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

i definitely do! it's always the most difficult time for me.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #4  

Thanks all,
Someone today made a comment implying my weight (not a rude comment) and ugh it makes me wish that there was a way to hide my weight while I was losing. But I guess we have to accept that this is the current shape we are in and its not gonna be that way forever!
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #5  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I'm waiting for my first period after having a baby and it's been revving up for awhile. I'm broken out and cranky and bloated.

But I feel okay because I know why I'm retaining the water and at least it's only temporary haha. I'll feel even better once I get this damn thing over with too! The first after you have a child is supposed to be intense.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #6  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I don't care so much about the weight because I know I'm not gaining 2-3 pounds of fat. I do however hate that I get bloated. >: (
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Yes, for sure. I get all sorts of crazy cravings and overindulge at least twice, then I feel horrible. It's hard to remember that every time it goes away and I feel better, but just try to remind yourself that!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #8  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I definitely do. The bloating makes me hyper-aware of it, which puts me in a bad mood. Plus if I break out, that makes me cranky in general, and the weight is something else to feel crappy about. I just try to remember that it's the PMS and that it'll be over soon

Last edited by ParadiseFalls; 02-28-2012 at 11:16 AM.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #9  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

It's funny... and I remember having a conversation about this on here with berryblondboys earlier too. But when I'm bloated (for whatever reason) I find myself thinking that much more about clothes, weight loss, exercise etc. Not in a bad way, but I guess in a way to remind myself why I'm doing this and sort of refocus myself.

The one problem is, though, that I often have a desire to try on clothes during that time, which is always a bad idea! I even took some clothes to get altered right before TOM came one month and then, of course, they ended up being somewhat too big.

Another part of it too is that my refocus on appearance during that time is sort of a reassurance to myself that even though I might be larger temporarily, I'm nowhere even remotely close to my highest weight. So even with the temporary bloating I still look awesome in whatever clothes I choose to wear (granted I do normally grab more comfy clothes during that time!).
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #10  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I do! I'm on TOM right now and dealing with this mopey upset feeling like this is total hopeless and that I'm never going to get to my goal. This time around I haven't felt as bloated but I definitely look bloated. My muffin top and love handles are out farther than usual. I really hope that it's just this week and next I look and feel better.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #11  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

What I noticed more than anything is that when you get down into the lower weights is how much you notice 1lb or 2lb water weight gains. I really feel those extra lbs now and I didn't when I was obese or just overweight. I felt "gross" during my period sometimes but I never felt that extra weight like I do now.

It's a strange feeling really. I don't know if I'm just in tune with my body more, or if being 116lbs makes me sensitive to having 2lbs of water weight.

What's crazy is that when I wake up in the morning and if I feel that extra weight I already know what the heck I'm going to weigh!! A few days ago I woke up and felt bloated and I said "Today I'm going to weigh 118, watch." AND I DID.

Weird.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #12  
Awesome

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Does anyone's weight usually go up right before/during TOM, or does it generally stay the same?

Mine's gone down by .2lbs this week (I am expecting onset of TOM on Thursday) and I'm taking it as a sign that I'm going to see a nice loss on the scale once TOM is over.

BUT EVEN WITH THAT, I AM STILL .1lb FROM MY FIRST GOAL. ROAAAAR.

Last edited by bopbot; 02-28-2012 at 12:22 PM.
bopbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 160/145.5/135

Height: 5ft 3

Ugh, I gave into PMS cravings this week and also gave into feeling negative and pessimistic about my weight.

I knew it was all bloated water weight, but I told myself mentally: "Ah, what would eating more calories do? I might as well satisfy my appetite." I convinced myself that I didn't need to lose another 1lb this week!

I even stopped working out. I said to myself: "Oh what's the point? If I can't follow my workout routine perfectly, why should I follow it at all? Maybe I'm being too hard on myself."

I can't believe it. I can't believe what weak resolve I had and how easily I just gave up. I don't know if it's PMS hormones contributing to this (probably is).

Anyway, I just finished working out and I'm going back on track on my diet from today. I'm also going to change it up and try eating more steamed food for March. I want to eat cleaner with less oil and sodium (I made quite a few stir fries for lunch for the past few weeks). I need to refocus seriously.

Last edited by Em123; 02-28-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Em123 is offline   Reply With Quote