Old 02-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 167/ticker/130

Height: 5'7

This is the best thread ever. My biggest problem is I'll have one bad meal or urge to eat candy or something and I'll be like "oh well, I'll just eat crappy for the rest of the day" and then that turns into "well my week is shot, I'll just start over next week." I need to stop that!

I have realized though that the last time I lost a bunch of weight I got down to 129 which was the lowest I've ever been but I remember never thinking I looked skinny. Never when I was in the 130s or at my lowest weight did I think I was at a good weight - I just kept on thinking I needed to lose more. That is ANOTHER mindset I need to drop. I need to learn how to be happy with myself (once I'm at a reasonable weight and when I don't get a muffin top from my underwear :P)
kelelaoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:56 PM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

Oh, my gosh! This is so me! The worst part for me is that I don't even enjoy losing the weight that I gained because I was trying to lose before I gained it. So every pound I lose I think, "Whatever. It used to be X." Then I just gain it all back again because I'm so discouraged. It feels like I have to lose weight to lose weight. It's crazy! I'm also trying to get off of the binge cycle. I've been doing so well for the past four days. I'm waiting a bit before I weigh myself, though. This is going to be my last time to lose the weight! Oh, and I'm actually going to hit my goal!
SensualSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:11 AM   #18  
Sassy, Classy, & Badassey

S/C/G: 239/221.8/135-ish?

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualSiren View Post
The worst part for me is that I don't even enjoy losing the weight that I gained because I was trying to lose before I gained it. So every pound I lose I think, "Whatever. It used to be X."
This. I am completely in the same boat. It's not "I feel really good and this weight loss is awesome and I love it." It's that I have to get to my previous weight until I feel like I'm truly losing weight. Until then, in my mind, I might as well be gaining.

Why do we think that way? Losing weight is great, not matter where you start or where you have been! And hey, it's a heck of a lot better than continuing to gain! Ugh. I need to work on this.

I mean, that is not to say I do not feel happy about my progress thus far... but it's just not the same. It feels different this time. It feels like less of an accomplishment.
badassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #19  
Erin

S/C/G: 210/172/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm so glad this thread exists!

I go back and forth all the time. I honestly have always had body issues (even at 145 as a senior is high school) and I think that this is why I sabotage myself. At least at 180 I know why I'm unhappy with my body. I'm afraid I still won't be happy if I reach my goals. Talk about a head case, right?

I'm trying really hard to make this attempt better and so far so good (after less than a week back at trying--geez!).

Good luck, ladies!
ErBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #20  
The Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I don't think I am going to feel as excited about my weight loss until I get down past my lowest weight, which was 205.
KittyKat1465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I'm the same- I keep thinking well I was 209 and that's lower than where I am now. Only by 10 pounds (although I got a new scale and it's 10 pounds higher than my old one) but I still can't give myself as much credit as I would if I weighed less than that.
Princess of the KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Definitely joining this thread! My story is this:

After having my 2nd child I was the biggest I had ever been in my life (215 lbs!). Was determined some way some how to LOSE the weight ..did an awesome job. I was so proud of myself..so happy and had so much energy (plus everything fit great!) I lost a whopping 80 pounds! ...Just to turn around and gain it all back!

These passed few weeks I have been suffering through a deep depression..my body aches..I have zero energy and just sometimes feel like I'm worthless! Not just that, none of my clothes fit! I went from being a size 15 to a size 5! Now I can't even button up my 15's anymore. I feel like some sort of drug addict that has hit rock bottom!

I am determined to do this again..and keep it off. If its slower than last time so be it. But I refuse to gain it back. I have to tackle this now..while I'm in my 20's and still can and I have to be healthy for my children (that is number 1). I wish everyone on here luck and hopefully we can all be great supporters for one another!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:40 AM   #23  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I have said this same thing. I am determined for this to be the last time. When I say never I mean I will never be fat for no reason. Pregnancy does not count. Now, I have no reason to be fat so I will not be losing just to gain again. I am making this a full lifestyle. If I mess up I keep going. If life gets int he way I keep going. If I go out I make better choices but I keep going. I really do want to live my best life.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #24  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I have read the threads. I can safely say, "I am not going to play this game again." I lost 26 pounds from last August to February and I have been bouncing from 166-169...more like 168 and sticking there.

This was not my goal (166), but weight just stpped and I decided to see if I could maintain this weight.

I am very slowly creeping upwards. So, I made the decision NOT to go over the Wt 170.

So, I am cutting back the extra sodas. I know what I need to do...

Life styles changes are needed or you will gain the weight back and play the same game of losing and gaining.

For the last several weeks I have lost the motivation to lose the weight. I am checking the scale every few days. As long as I do not go over 170, I can make thw changes slowly.

Last edited by WannaBeLoserAgain; 02-26-2012 at 07:34 AM.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #25  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualSiren View Post
So every pound I lose I think, "Whatever. It used to be X." Then I just gain it all back again because I'm so discouraged. It feels like I have to lose weight to lose weight. It's crazy!
Totally feel this way too, it is like nothing matters until I get back down to 160.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #26  
Sassy, Classy, & Badassey

S/C/G: 239/221.8/135-ish?

Height: 5'5

I am so happy to hear that this thread is proving helpful/supportive to all of you. Yay!

Last night, I was over at a friend's house where my boyfriend was helping them finish their basement. I had assumed all day long that we were going to go out to eat around 9 or 10pm last night so I hadn't eaten since noon. I knew we weren't going to a diet-friendly restaurant so I saved a good 800 calories for this meal. The boys didn't end up finishing until midnight. We left around 12:30 and by this time, I was H-U-N-G-R-Y! My boyfriend and I had taken separate cars so I told him I was going to grab dinner on the way home (in my head, the entire way I was thinking I was going to have a huge binge at Taco Bell). But I got there and was like "No. This is not who I am."

The entire way home, I was having an inner struggle - I did not want to binge at Taco Bell. I knew that. I had been doing well and I did not want to do that to myself. But I was so hungry there was a voice inside my head saying "It's no big deal. You'll start over tomorrow." I hate that inner dialogue. It's not even a voice - it is a compulsion. Like I HAVE to binge. I have to eat XYZ to feel better. I know that compulsion well. I know do not want to binge - but then I do. The entire time, thinking, knowing and struggling with the fact that it is not what I should be doing.

But last night, I didn't give in. It was the first time in months I stood strong against the inner-battle with my mind and didn't give in.

So, instead, I got three Fresco tacos from le Taco Bell and they were delicious (and 180 calories a piece) - total not binge!

Today, I am going to my boyfriend's nephews' birthday part where there is certainly going to be bad food and cake and candy, etc. I hope my inner strength will come through today. Honestly, there are no guarantees. I wish I could tell you that I know 100% I will not give in. I want to be able to say that. Desperately I want to be able to say that. I know 100% I do not want to - that is for sure. But I do not know 100% that I won't.

Wish me luck! I hope all of you are having fabulous weekends! How has your progress been this weekend? Any downfalls? Any successes?
badassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #27  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Good luck h4a5r! (sorry if I missed your name somewhere) You can do it. And congratulations on last night, you're doing great.

I'm also never going back! I lost weight before without trying, I was just happier and healthier than before and the weight just came off. Then I didn't really think about it and a lot of came back on especially over the last year since I quit smoking.

Soo this time I'm just changing my eating habits completely. No junk food whatsoever. I ate pretty healthyily anyway but I was getting pretty fond of desserts haha

I like this thread, it's pretty encouraging
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #28  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

h4a5r - way to go on staying on track yesterday!

My day yesterday wasn't that good, I knew I was going to eat a burger and fries so I knew it was going to be high. The day wouldn't of been as bad if I had of said no to the Starbucks cookie... 470 calories for a cookie! ouch. Anyway, least I got lots of walking in!

Today hasn't been the best day, but I am doing okay for calories - be it, unhealthy calories again. But I did walk in place while watching TV so got lots of steps in today too.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #29  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Feeling pretty good food wise today but I need some motivation to exercise. It's really wet and miserable outside and I'm kinda sleepy. Just ate lunch, will digest and get to it though Hope everyone's doing great.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

UGH! I feel awful today..not because of my weight (well that too!) but because I feel like I have a virus. Fever, running back and forth to the potty, feeling nauseated..yup definitely! And I gotta be at school at 12. BLAH! This morning I woke up and I was 190.6 so that's a good thing..but I do believe I only dropped it because my calorie range was like 900 yesterday because I felt sick yesterday too. I see the doctor in my future!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote