Old 02-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 260/236/145

Height: 5'4"

How much weight have you lost? 80lbs over the last 6 years
Did people notice? - people who I've known constantly through the 6 years. Most people only saw small changes as they happened over a long period of time.
Has your confidence changed? - Absolutely. I feel normal now. Though that could partly be abit of growing up, though I'm sure the weightloss helped.
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? - I never bothered much before as I really couldn't bring myself to show those parts but feel like it's probably easier, less surface to cover.
Does your ring size get smaller? Havn't noticed this.
How different is your life? Hard to say as the weight came off slowly and any chages I could also put down to maturing. I have less anxiety deffinately.
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? Largest they were at were 38DD, now I'm 36D - possibly C
Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? - Yep, I am more concious of what I eat when I go out. But if I really want something I have it.
Do you look thinner to yourself? Yes
Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Occasionally, when I dropped alot in one time. But otherwise it's been very gradual.
[B]Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family?[/B - Not that I can really see, though my reactions to people have changed alot.
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? I never took pictures.
How many does it take now? Depends if I'm ready for it or not.
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Couldn't wear skirts before due to chafing.
Do you chafe now? No
Are jeans more comfortable? They were always comfortable
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? Not before
Can you now? Just about Graduated - maybe another couple of lbs.
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? Absolutely
Does it now? I run 5km every other day and feel fit and strong.
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? Yes, though I could have done it an easier way. I believe most of the work was on my attitude and mind.
Are you happier now? Yes
Were you unhappy before? Quite often, yes
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? I was Overweight since childhood. I began modifying my diet just before my 19th Birthday
What made you decide to lose weight? I didn't like my lack of cotrol over myself, I hated my body and felt I could't achieve what I wanted in life if I stayed at the weight I was.
Ali87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #17  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

How much weight have you lost? The first time I was here I lost 48 lbs. I just had a baby and am down 34 lbs currently with 50 more to go
Did people notice? Not right now, I just had a baby. But before when I lost weight people started to notice after I had lost about 30 lbs. I think that's because I started weight lifting and it really changed the shape of my body by making me smaller and just look good.
Has your confidence changed? Back then when I was close to goal, definitely! I could wear stuff I didn't feel like I could before, I felt amazing. I was so proud of myself
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? That is something I noticed, it does get easier!
Does your ring size get smaller? I had to resize my wedding ring twice during the time I lost 48 lbs. I also lost a shoe size.
How different is your life? It was pretty much the same except I felt better and I was happier.
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? I went from a DD to a D so not really.
Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before?I make different choices and eat smaller portions because I want to maintain all that hard work.
Do you look thinner to yourself? At first, no. But as time went on I finally realised I was smaller.
Did you notice the progress as it was happening? No, it's hard to notice a change when you see yourself everyday. People who only saw me once in awhile were the ones that really noticed.
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? Nope, but I did have one friend that was jealous of my loss and pulled away a bit.
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? I have big thighs, I still chafed but it wasn't as bad.
Are jeans more comfortable? A little, but they weren't really uncomfortable before
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? Not so much, but I could after I lost some weight.
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? I'll always be self concious about this because I have a fear of tripping in public
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? I would do it all again! Which I am
Are you happier now? Yes
Were you unhappy before? A little
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? A few years
What made you decide to lose weight? I couldn't believe I was almost 200 lbs and didn't want to be that way. I wanted to be a healthy normal weight and feel good about myself. I also wanted to have kids one day and set a good example for them. Now my daughter is here and I want to get back to where it was because I now know how great it felt to lose all that weight and look that good!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #18  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

How much weight have you lost? About 46lbs, still want to lose at least 21lbs more I think.

Did people notice? It took a while. I lost weight then put some back on then restarted at 170ish. After about 20lb-28lbs lost people notice. Like literally nobody said anything then BOOM everyone starts to comment!

Has your confidence changed? A bit. I'm still very self-conscious but it's improving. I am generally happier about myself but it's taking a long time.

Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? It was never a problem before.

Does your ring size get smaller? Yes, most definitely. My shoe size has too

How different is your life? Not very. I personally am happier though and I have incorporated exercise into my life more but not much else is different.

Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? Yes! Several inches off the band size and a cup size down (and they weren't exactly big before so I am not amused lol)

Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? I do indeed. I've been vegan for 4 and a half months so my diet has changed immensely.

Do you look thinner to yourself? Sometimes I don't recognise this slimmer version of myself in photos or if I walk past like a window or something. But often I feel I look exactly the same. It's so weird.

Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Not at all, it takes photos to see the difference.

Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? Strangers are nicer to me but that might be because I smile more and look happier. Some friends treat me the same but some got nasty and jealous. My family are always like "you're so skinny now" even though I'm not and they make me laugh.

How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? Errr, a few lol!

How many does it take now? Still a few!

Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? My thighs touched but didn't chafe a lot.

Do you chafe now? Thighs still touch a little, but I figure on my pear shaped body that'll happen whether I am 120lbs or 300lbs.

Are jeans more comfortable? Yes.

Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? Yeah I could fine.

Can you now? Yes.

Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? Yes!

Does it now? Yes! But now I focus on what I am doing for myself rather than what I believe other people will say about me.

Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? Gosh, yes.

Are you happier now? I am happier with myself most of the time, yes. But in general there isn't a huge difference in happiness overall, if that makes sense?

Were you unhappy before? Oh yes.

How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? From age 11-19/20. In between dieted and lost some but always went back to being unhealthy. Not this time.

What made you decide to lose weight? I honestly cannot remember. I think I just decided one day that enough is enough.
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:50 AM   #19  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

How much weight have you lost? 77 lbs from my highest pregnancy weight, 62lbs from my highest post pregnancy measured weight
Did people notice? Yes, but we moved half way through and I lose slowly so not as much as for those who have known me from the beginning
Has your confidence changed? Yes, very much so. But I've also worked on dressing better, understanding my body, wearing well-fitting bras etc
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? No. Never had a problem with shaving.
Does your ring size get smaller? Yes, but I can't wear rings due to a metal allergy.
How different is your life? I'm more active, I started a blog about bra fitting, clothes and weight loss. My DH has gotten on board too. My daughter's food has changed. As a family we do more physical activities and we spend less money on food.
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? I made a blog post about this very thing. Yes, inititally I lose a lot in my band. Now somewhat in my cup but I also had to go up a number of cup sizes because of the amount I lost in my band
Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? Yes. Not as often and we prefer restaurants where we can eat relatively healthy. We have pizza places nearby with calorie counts so we go there. Or we go somewhere where we can get a very nice cut of meat with salad.
Do you look thinner to yourself? Definitely! I take a lot of progress pictures so it's pretty clear.
Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Yes. Because of the progress pictures and I take lots of measurements and then post it on my blog so I have a record.
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? Maybe but again because of the move probably not as much.
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? Define good. I have very few pictures from my highest weight.
How many does it take now? Still a lot. We all look crappy if the light is bad, you're making a face etc. There are a reason models take so many pictures in photoshots. Plus, not all of us are very photogenic
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Yes, thighs. Still do. I did even at 140lbs when I was a long distance runner. That doesn't necessarily go away.
Do you chafe now? see above
Are jeans more comfortable? I guess? However, I now buy curve ID jeans from Levis whereas before I didn't spend as much on clothes and bought anything that remotely fit so it's hard to compare.
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? Yes.
Can you now? Yes.
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? No. I started jogging at 225lbs. I'd still pass other runners much smaller than myself then.
Does it now? I can't run anymore due to a knee injury but I swim and lift at a gym and I'm not remotely self-conscious
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? YES. The work was sooooo worth it because it makes me appreciate my weight loss. Plus, it gave me the tools to understand maintenance better. Looking back the worst thing in the world for me is if all the weight would have magically disappeared overnight because I wouldn't have been able to maintain it or appreciate it.
Are you happier now? Yes, but that is more to do with me dealing with my sugar addiction/emotional eating problems and learning to deal with problems head on.
Were you unhappy before? Sort of? Again, I had the sugar addiction which was affecting my life. I had a loving husband and aughter before so that part was good but the food part was not.
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? I've yoyoed for years. It's been over 8 years since I was at a healthy weight. But most of that time was spend 20-30lbs overweight. It wasn't until my pregnancy that I go over 200lbs+ and then took forever to lose it.
What made you decide to lose weight? My daughter realizing I was addicted to sugar. Horrible pictures. A lot of things.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #20  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

How much weight have you lost? 98.6 lbs
Did people notice? .....im going to go ahead and say yes.
Has your confidence changed? yes, i know i'm a smokeshow.
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? yes, but i also feel the need to shave less often. sparser hair?
Does your ring size get smaller? yes. A LOT. 10ish to like, 7.75
How different is your life? a lot more planned.
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? 40E to 34D
Do you go out to eat? yes, but rarely.
If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? when i do go out, i eat whatever i want
Do you look thinner to yourself? sometimes
Did you notice the progress as it was happening? sometimes. i like poking new bones
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? yes, i get told im too skinny, i get more respect, i get more attention, etc. the human relationship has absolutely changed.
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? 2-3
How many does it take now? 1. everytime.
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? thiiighs
Do you chafe now? nooope
Are jeans more comfortable? yes. i love jeans.
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? yes, for like 5 mins
Can you now? yes, almost forever.
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? no
Does it now? no
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? some days yes, somedays no. it depends on how im feeling.
Are you happier now? yes, i am the happiest person ever.
Were you unhappy before? no
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? all my life.
What made you decide to lose weight? something just clicked.
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 211/194/140

Height: 5'4"

How much weight have you lost? From my highest known weight, 50 pounds. From my post-baby #2 weight, 35. I still have at least 20 pounds to go.
Did people notice? My husband and family do.
Has your confidence changed? Yes!
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? About the same
Does your ring size get smaller? Yes, none of my rings fit, and my hands look much smaller
How different is your life? I'm more focused on nutrition and fitness, but my day to day stuff is the same.
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? They are looking pretty deflated and I'm having some extra skin issues, but don't know how much size I've lost.
Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? No more dairy or gluten, but other than that it's about the same (I've always been a steak person)
Do you look thinner to yourself?
Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Not until I hit about 25 pounds.
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? My family is starting to listen to my food advice. I don't go out much so I can't really say about friends or strangers.
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? Not really my thing, I'd rather be taking the pictures.
How many does it take now? Ditto
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Between my thighs and under my arms
Do you chafe now? thighs are still a problem
Are jeans more comfortable? Yes
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? No
Can you now? Yes, and I can sit with my leg under me without it falling asleep instantly, too.
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? Yes, jogging has never been my thing.
Does it now? I can run after my kids without thinking about how I look
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? Yes! Even though it's a work in progress.
Are you happier now? Yes, my moods are more even, I sleep better, and I can move without all the aches and pains
Were you unhappy before? yes, and my knees gave me fits
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? I have always been overweight, so to try and get to a healthy weight is an ongoing process. I'll let you know when I get there!
What made you decide to lose weight?
Raven132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

How much weight have you lost? 30lbs so far.

Did people notice? Yes. People started noticing about 8lbs ago.

Has your confidence changed? It has not, but then again I don't really feel like I've done much. ALSO. I was at my thinnest around 21 and my confidence shot up. I've managed to keep most of it around. I feel pretty sassy most days regardless of my weight.

Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? It wasn't HARD but my leg would get cramped and sometimes my belly would prevent me from leaning over as far as I wanted to. I don't have to deal with either of those, but my legs are muscular now so I have to position my leg in such a way that I'm not flexing so I can get the hair in the valleys of my muscles.

Does your ring size get smaller? I think it might have. The ring I always wear has been swinging around on my finger more so than usual.

How different is your life? I go to the gym now and don't use needing to make dinner as an excuse not to go. But other than making time for me, it's not.

Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? Started out at 40C (My back is super fatty) and am now a 36DD. They don't look any smaller compared to the rest of me, I just lost a few band sizes.

Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? At least twice a week. But I do eat differently. I don't get bread, I don't get anything deep fried, I don't eat fries, I substitute my sides for veggies. Pretty much try to stick with grilled chicken (maybe with some cheese) and veggies.

Do you look thinner to yourself? Not really. Sometimes I think I can see it from certain angles but for the most part I still feel 207lbs.

Did you notice the progress as it was happening? It's still happening but the only progress I notice is that my clothes are looser, I see the weight on the scale changing, and my measurements change. But I don't SEE it in myself.

Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? Not in the slightest. When I was thinner I had more guys yell compliments to me about my butt.. but I still get that sometimes just not as often. Family is the same, friends are the same.

How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? If it's just me trying to get a flattering picture of myself? Like 30 lol.

How many does it take now? 15 lol.

Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Sometimes my thighs chafed.

Do you chafe now? Still happens sometimes but for the most part I use deodorant on my inner thighs to prevent it (Works wonderfully, might I add).

Are jeans more comfortable? They were never not comfortable for me. Unless I was wearing the wrong size haha.

Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? One of the things that made me realize I had to take care of my weight was that sitting with my legs crossed was starting to become a problem. I would have to set my leg up there with my hands and sit it in the right position so it didn't slide off.

Can you now? Yep! It still wants to slide a little bit but it's worlds better and I don't have to use my hands.

Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? Yes.

Does it now? Yes. I don't like feeling like people are looking at me lol.

Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? Totally.

Are you happier now? Happier in the sense that my weight is less of a concern and I know I'm working on it. But over all in life? No.

Were you unhappy before? Only when I stopped to think about my weight. Which was not all of the time. My boyfriend is great, my social life is great, and my job could be better but my weight has nothing to do with that

How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? I felt fat my entire life but looking back on pictures I really wasn't fat so I don't know where it came from. I was pudgy, sure but not the whale I felt like. I hovered between 155-165 for my late teens early 20s. Around 21 I may have dipped as low as 145 but then around 23 I started gaining. By 26, almost 27, I was 207lbs.

What made you decide to lose weight? I saw my friends doing it. If they could do it, I could too. I always felt like I couldn't. I was fed up with myself. Plus I wanted to be a good example for my boyfriend who is struggling to lose his last 50lbs because he got the lap band but never ate right. So I was hoping my eating right would help him.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:20 AM   #23  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

How much weight have you lost? 65 pounds as of this morning

Did people notice? Not at first. Though, when you're around the same people often (like I am during the summer when I'm not in school), they can't see the small changes.

Has your confidence changed? Absolutely. I'm still not 100% happy (who is?) but definitely feeling a lot better than before.

Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? I never had much of a problem with this, personally, so I'm not sure!

Does your ring size get smaller? Ugh, yes! I have to get all of my nice rings resized.. just waiting until I get to where I want to be.

How different is your life? Quite a bit.. since I'm eating/feeling better, I'm a lot happier. I enjoy exercising and I seem to be more apt to try new things because I'm less self-conscious.

Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? Less voluminous, yeah. Maybe down a cup-size or so?

Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? Sometimes! I'm a student, so not too often.. but I do. I try to pick healthy options, but I don't beat myself up too much if I have a slightly higher calorie meal, since it's not too often.

Do you look thinner to yourself? Definitely. You can see bones where there weren't any before, and I've slimmed down 3-4 sizes.

Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Not until I got into the later part of my journey.

Do people act differently towards you? A little, most people who knew me from before tend to look at me differently, and I can tell they're debating whether or not to comment. But in general, not really. I'm still the same person, just smaller.

How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? .. a LOT :P

How many does it take now? Still a few, I have yet to take an after shot.

Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Yep, my thighs mostly. I would get boils there sometimes

Do you chafe now? My thighs still barely touch, so it's much better now.

Are jeans more comfortable? Absolutely.. and my "before" pants were jeans.. so it's nice to try them on every once in a while to see my progress

Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? Not at all.

Can you now? Yep! I still find it strange, though.

Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? I didn't venture outside in the daylight until I lost about 20 pounds. Before that it was walking at dusk or so.. but one day I got brave.

Does it now? Not as much, nope!

Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? Absolutely! it wasn't easy, but I honestly feel SO MUCH BETTER. I wish I had known it before, I probably would have started sooner.

Are you happier now? Definitely!

Were you unhappy before? I was very self-conscious before, yeah. Looking back on it, I used food to comfort myself a lot.

How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? Basically my whole life. This is the smallest I've been since about grade 8.

What made you decide to lose weight? A friend convinced me to go hiking with him, and I felt like I was doing to keel over the entire time. I finally made it to the top, and that was the moment everything changed. I realized I can do what I set my mind to. So, the next morning I weighed in at 248 pounds. I cried and cried, but I knew something had to change.. and here we are.
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

How much weight have you lost? About 82lbs over about 3/4 years
Did people notice? People comment all the time, whether they see me all the time or hardly at all.
Has your confidence changed? Its increased 10 fold, the second my confidence rose, I got a job, a boyfriend, and a social life. It's not entirely down to weight loss but its a pretty huge factor
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? I wouldn't say easier, but it certainly doesn't take as long!
Does your ring size get smaller? None of my rings fit anymore :-(
How different is your life? It's totally different, as explained in an earlier question.
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? I was a 38F and now I'm a 32/34 F, the huge cup size has stayed resolutely the same.
Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? I eat the same things, I just don't eat as much anymore, I can't manage 3 courses, and I struggle with 2 now.
Do you look thinner to yourself? Common sense and smaller clothes tell me I'm smaller but my mind still see's someone much bigger. Not as big as I was before but bigger nonetheless.
Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Not for a long time, even now I still feel bigger than I actually am.
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? Not differently, but they're all really amazed/proud/disbelieving when I tell people how much i've lost.
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? It was about 1 in 20, if that.
How many does it take now? About the same! My mind still hasn't caught up
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? My thighs chafed like you wouldn't believe.
Do you chafe now? Sadly yes, my thighs are holding onto fat for dear life.
Are jeans more comfortable? I've always loved my jeans, no matter how big I got. But I feel I look better in them now.
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? Almost.
Can you now? very easily.
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? I hated jogging, I felt like a great lumbering whale.
Does it now? I'd do it as long as I had the help of an industrial strength sports bra. Otherwise I get funny looks and catcalls
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? Absolutely, for me it was actually easier than I thought it would be.
Are you happier now? I am much happier now, I'll be happier still once I lose the final 20/25 lbs
Were you unhappy before? I didn't think so at the time. But in hindsight I definitely wasn't happy either. I felt out of place, uncomfortable, I hated socializing and getting attention of any kind as I always felt it was negative attention.
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? I started gaining when I was 14 and ran into problems at school and at home.
What made you decide to lose weight? I hated the way I looked, felt, I hated the way I stuck out from my much slimmer friends, I felt like my weight was holding me back.

Last edited by IsobelRose22; 04-03-2012 at 01:29 PM.
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #25  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

How much weight have you lost? I've yo-yo-ed a couple times, anywhere from 25-35 lbs.
Did people notice? Yes, and it's been all positive feedback, despite some "you're wasting away" or "you're getting sooooo skinny" comments.
Has your confidence changed? A little. I'm nowhere near as terrified of nudity or bathing suits.
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? Dunno, I don't shave!
Does your ring size get smaller? I don't wear rings, but I imagine it certainly hasn't gotten BIGGER
How different is your life? It's different in the sense that I eat differently and try to exercise more, but losing weight hasn't redefined my existence by any means.
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? Nope, nothing before, nothing after.
Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? I do still go out to eat. I eat less than I would before because I'm more mindful of calories.
Do you look thinner to yourself? Yes, definitely!
Did you notice the progress as it was happening? I didn't always, but I had a series of "Wow I look smaller/This fits looser!" moments.
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? I notice more attention from strange men, which isn't really good. Friends and family, not so much - I think some of them are self conscious that I'm thinner, which is dumb.
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? 1,000
How many does it take now? 900
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Yes - inner thighs on a hot day.
Do you chafe now? I do not! Victory!
Are jeans more comfortable? Somewhat. I'm certainly not trying to deny my actual size any more.
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? Somewhat. OK, not really.
Can you now? Yes! I can almost touch my ankles.
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? Absolutely. I wouldn't have made it around the block!
Does it now? Nope!
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? Totally! I enjoy being a smaller size and feeling more "in shape" and not jealous of other girls all the time.
Are you happier now? I think so.
Were you unhappy before? I do notice I was pretty negative about a lot of stuff, which may have been insecurity masking itself as shock humor.
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? A few years, and my entire adolescent period from age 10-16...
What made you decide to lose weight? I realized in spring 2010 that I weighed the same as when I was heavy in high school - something needed to change!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 120/104/fit

Height: 5"3

How much weight have you lost?
20 lbs
Did people notice?
My family noticed, my male best friend noticed
Has your confidence changed?
**** yes !
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier?
¸
Ah I was not THAT fat haha.
Does your ring size get smaller?
I never wore rings before, so I'm so sure. maybe 0.5 less.
How different is your life?
I'm more active, I pay attention to what I put into my body
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much?
Nope, they stayed the same. (34B to 32C)
Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before?
Yes, and yes I usually take out half the meal, instead of gorging myself
Oh yes !
Did you notice the progress as it was happening?
Sure thing
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family?
¸
Well I'm sexier and I have a lot more confidence, so people are more polite, and men open all damn doors to me ! **** yes !
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before?
A lot, but it's more because I'm not photogenic haha
How many does it take now?
STILL NOT PHOTOGENIC
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where?
No haha. My upper thighs rubbed a bit though.
Are jeans more comfortable?
Of course !
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other?
I'd say no but it's because I'm SO not flexible haha.
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before?
Probably
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it?
¸
Oh my god, yes
Are you happier now?
Yes!
Were you unhappy before?
I was unhappy with my body for sure
I was fat and unhappy haha. Couldn't wear the clothes I wanted.
Magalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

How much weight have you lost? 24 pounds with between 30 and 37 to go!
Did people notice? My family did, especially since they hadn't seen me in two or more months. I'm not sure if anyone here at school has noticed, if they have they haven't said anything.
Has your confidence changed? Some. I wore a skirt - albeit with leggings - last week for the first time in a very long time. I got a few compliments and it felt great! But I'm going through a rough time right now so sometimes I actually feel worse. I think it's me feeling impatient. I realize that I'm so close and yet so far away. Assuming I'm still 157, if I'm going to get out of the overweight range before graduation that means I need to lose 14 more pounds. That will take 7 weeks if I manage two pounds a week...that's cutting it close. So I think I just generally feel frustrated and somehow more ashamed of that number than I should be.
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? I can't say I've ever had trouble with it.
Does your ring size get smaller? I'm not sure, my one ring seems to flop around more than it used to. I'm happy it does because I always wanted thin fingers but at the same time I loved that ring. -_-
How different is your life? Not a lot different besides the healthy changes I've made.
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? I think they've gotten a little smaller but my cup size hasn't changed yet...but they feel smaller... @.@ I'm happy that my band size is down though!
Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? Technically yes, technically no. I'm eating out in the sense that I order my food and someone else cooks it but I live here so I kinda have to... I try to avoid french fries, I won't order pizza, I don't get burgers, I don't drink anything besides fat free milk, water, or green tea, etc.
Do you look thinner to yourself? Some but I'll admit that I focus on my stomach a lot and I hate it so much that sometimes I still feel fat even though I'm probably just a little chubby at this point...
Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Funny thing is, I didn't. I didn't weigh myself until I had lost 14 pounds already and was like, "Whoa, really?"
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? I'm getting a little more attention from guys but I'm still shy so only a little. Family was happy for me though.
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? I pretty much never got "good" pictures, even after I thought I had I'd delete them eventually.
How many does it take now? Same as before. =/
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Nope.
Do you chafe now? Nope.
Are jeans more comfortable? Yep.
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? No...
Can you now? No.
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? Oh yes.
Does it now? Nope!
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? Definitely!
Are you happier now? Yes, although I still have a lot of work to do.
Were you unhappy before? Extremely.
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? Oh Lord, I don't even know. I'd say about 3 years?
What made you decide to lose weight? I was sick of the way I looked. What pushed me to make a change though was my school's PE requirement. I decided to get a personal trainer and it just stuck. I finished my PE requirement last quarter but I'm seeing him again now just because I can. I've thought about seeing him over the summer too if I'm still here but I'd have to see if I can afford it since I'll no longer be a student.
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:18 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

How much weight have you lost? 66lb to date - 9lb to go
Did people notice? Not at first - I started getting comments maybe 25lb in.
Has your confidence changed? Out of all proportion. I've gone from walking with my head down and hoping noone would notice me to facing the world with my head held high and a smile on my face!
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? This has never been an issue for me.
Does your ring size get smaller? Yes - I've always had small hands but all my rings are now very loose.
How different is your life? My life hasn't really changed - it's my attitude towards it. I'm more confident and outgoing and have more self-belief.
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? Not for a long time (apart from the back measurement), but suddenly they've shrunk a lot. I was a 40F and am now a 36D
Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? Yes and yes. I make conscious choices about what I eat and always ask for dressings on the side so I can have a little but not drown my food in it. I rarely have a dessert anymore.
Do you look thinner to yourself? I do now, but it took a long time for my brain to catch up with my body. In my head I'm still often my former self and it's dress sizes that usually remind me things have changed.
Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Not really - apart from dress sizes and leg muscles from all the walking.
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? Family and friends, no. Strangers yes but tbh I think that's down to my attitude to the world rather than their perception of me.
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? Untold although I rarely allowed myself to be photographed!
How many does it take now? A couple - I usually look and instead of "urgh" think "wow is that me?"
Did you chafe before? And if so, where? Tops of thighs
Do you chafe now? Nope - they still touch but there's no chafing
Are jeans more comfortable? Yes - no muffin top and I can breathe easily.
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? No
Can you now? Yes - a recent discovery and now I sit like that all the time.
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? Jogging? Are you kidding me?
Does it now? No - not that I'm much of a jogger.
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? Without a doubt. I can't begin to say how much from a health perspective alone, never mind an emotional one.
Are you happier now? Very much so. Health, confidence, outlook...
Were you unhappy before? Yes although I didn't think I was. Looking back though I realise that I often felt uncomfortable, self-conscious and like the ugly fat thing in the corner when I went out
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? About 15 years
What made you decide to lose weight? Mainly my health - some blood tests results shocked me into realising that I needed to stop deluding myself and deal with it.

Last edited by Elliemar; 04-04-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #29  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

How much weight have you lost?
So far i have lost 50lbs. I have 62lbs to go.
Did people notice?
yes people have started notice. sometimes they make it out to be alot more than it is but that just fine.
Has your confidence changed?
yes. but confidence about yourself and your weight doesnt change overnight. I know that I am one of many overweight people with low self esteem issues. I had to honestly learn to love myself no matter what!? I do my best to work on it everyday. I do feel more powerful and confident each day.
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier?
Yes and yes it has gotten easier and to think, im not even half way yet lol.
Does your ring size get smaller?
yes ivgone from a size 9/10 to a size 6 so far.
How different is your life?
not crazy different just healthy and happier. i work on myself inside and out.
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much?
thank God not yet lol.
Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before?
most definetly i do and most definetly i eat differently. i count the calories. Oh and i find myself feeling like i should tell people, "Hey did you know they ahve these things called to go boxes? Yes they do you dont have to stuff yourself you can save it for later." lol but i change myself not anyone else.
a bit but i know i lost 3-4 clothing sizes (pictures and videos really make me see the difference.)
Did you notice the progress as it was happening?
eh. some things like my clothes feeling looser but its like a week or two i feel like nothings happening then bam look my pants are so loose! lol its happens all the while i just dont notice. lol
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family?
they ask for advice and congratulate me.
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before?
well for me im photogenic. the proper question is a full body picture for me. and im not there yet.
How many does it take now?
im not at th e fully body pic yet personally i dont like how i look in full body pics just yet.
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where?
yes with shorts and skirts
Do you chafe now? Are jeans more comfortable?
no i dont
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other?
no i used to use walls or chairs to keep my leg on my other leg. lol
Can you now?
Yes! Its my favorite way to sit. It helps me to see the difference in my legs lol.
yes.
Does it now?
no
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it?
most definetly
Are you happier now?
yes and im learning so much about myself inside and out.
Were you unhappy before?
yes about my weight and my not knowing what full means or healthy
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight?
since the age of 13/14 now 23
i got sick of it. I was in a size 17 but should have been in at least a 20/22. None of my clothes fit and all of it looked horrible. Then I bought 3 pairs of maternity work pants so i could stay in a size "17" thats when i realized wow this is way way out of control. and its like over the next few weeks something snapped. and when i found 3fc it honestly made it concrete!

Other 3 funny tidbits:
1. i have to sleep with a pillow between my knees. (i actually do have bones in my knees!)
2. I have a collar bone lol
3. i have hip bones.
Who wouldve known??!!

You can do it!
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #30  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

How much weight have you lost? Just over 50lb

Did people notice? Yes, especially people who I haven't seen for a while

Has your confidence changed? Not really yet, but it will, I hope, once I get to or nearer to goal and start believing I'm slim!

Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? No

Does your ring size get smaller? Yes

How different is your life? Outwardly, not really apart from going to the gym now and finding myself having little but tales of the gym to talk about, boring! Inwardly, a lot, I have completely different battles with my conscience than before.

Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? Yes, by about a cup size, booo!

Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? I do sparingly now, and yes, I eat differently. Even if it;s a big occasion and I'm allowing myself to eat what I want, what I want is actually beginning to change, which is a big step forward!

Do you look thinner to yourself? Hmmmmm, I look fatter in photos that I look back on, and yes, my belly looks better, but I don't see how far I've come like everyone else does yet. I still foucs on my fat bits, but once they're gone, I hope to be happy with my reflection.

Did you notice the progress as it was happening? I've still got 20lb ish to go, but yes I am noticing. More with clothes not fitting any more than with my actual image though.

Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? Not really, but I'm a hermit studying for my MA at the moment so I don't really see people!!

How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? There was no such thing.

How many does it take now? I'm slowly starting to like pictures of myself now, but I'm not totally there yet!

Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Inside thighs if I wore a skirt or shorts.
Do you chafe now? Nope

Are jeans more comfortable?
Yes

Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? Yes
Can you now? Yes, even on buses/in tight spaces.

Yes
Does it now? Not half as much, although I still go out early in the hope of not seeing too many people!

Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? Absolutely

Are you happier now? I'm not sure. My situation has changed, and I'm not happy generally with where I am in life at the moment, but when I get back to where I want to be, and I'm fit and slim, I'm almost sure I'll be much happier!

Were you unhappy before? I was more angry with myself for letting myself get fat and not caring enough about my appearance, but I was generally happy with life.

How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? 10 years or more? I decided to do it many times before, but something clicked this time and finally I'm finding the inner skinny me!

What made you decide to lose weight? Not sure
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote