Old 02-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #91  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Reading about all your running make me so jealous! I had my race last sunday and after training for weeks, I decided to do a complete week without running so my muscles and joints can heal a bit (my hips joint was starting to get painful after the run)

I feel bad about not doing much. It's too icy for biking, so I go for little walk but I don,t know, I was used to running 6k every 2 days so... big change.

I haven't made up my ming yet on what is my next goal : trying to get a better time at my 10k (because, well, I was one of the slowest in my age category last Sunday) or starting a half marathon training... Any advices on that?
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #92  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 151/142/130

Height: 5ft 9

Thanks philana! Your encouragment really helped as did thinking about coming back here to tell you all about it!
RebaRamBam I realised I have a public footpath behind my house! So I ran around the estate a bit then down to there up and up that track . I don't drive but there is a park but it's a little way away. I'm not sure how long it'd take me to get there but next run I might run to it and see how long it takes me.

So I did it ! I must admit.. I stopped about a minute short on one of the 3 minute intervals though. I'm considering repeating a day of week 4 before continuing to week 5 cos I like to make sure I am getting right to the end of every one with not too much difficulty.
Anyway for my first run on pavements and up and down quite a few hills (cos I haven't worked out a route yet) I'm fairly happy . It feels so good to have been out there now.

And people weren't staring at me at all! . Everyone was just busy walking their dogs or getting home/crossing the roads etc and no one really noticed me.
PaintedButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #93  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 151/142/130

Height: 5ft 9

Eeep it's gone quiet in here! How's everyone getting on?

I realise I wrote the last post but I wanted to come tell you all about my run . I had such a great run.

I found a footpath that is absoloutely gorgeous with some spectacular views just about a 8 min walk from my house. It's along side a river but there's several trails linked to it, some of them really steep but take you up really quite high and then you get this spectacular view of the entire valley, of all the fields and forest.. utterly breathtaking .
So I did day 2 of week 5 C25K- 2 repeats of 8 mins running with a 3 min walk in between. Well I got to the end of the second 8 minute and though "is that it?" and so decided to put some other music on and went for an additional 11 min run along one of the steeper paths.. and wow it was hard work but so rewarding getting to the top of that hill for that view!
Anyway I was really worried about my next run- 20 minutes continuous running.. the dreaded day 3 run of week 5 but after that I'm now excited and can't wait for Tuesday to come so I can do it.

Last edited by PaintedButterfly; 02-26-2012 at 02:16 PM.
PaintedButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #94  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Painted, that is so awesome! Can't wait to hear about your 20min run. I remember that when I could run for longer than 20mins I was in love with running. Not having to pay attention to anything but your breathing and the road ahead is so nice.

I've been absolutely horrible. Because of eating bad I've not wanted to run because I know how toxic your body can feel when exercising with bad food in your system. LOL. So, I've been mostly clean today. I think I'll run tomorrow.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #95  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

One of the instructors at the gym I go to has been really supportive of me throughout my weight loss and is part of the reason I began running again. She's a super woman, haha. She runs every day and still teaches like 2 or 3 classes and then looks for other ways to work out.

She mentioned a 4 mile fun run coming up next Sunday. I think I'm going to do it I've come close to running 4 miles but have always had to stop because of time constraints. I think I can do it!

She's going to bring signup forms on Tuesday...let's hope I don't chicken out!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 260/236/145

Height: 5'4"

Painted - It's so good to live in a place where you can real enjoy the scenery of your runs. If I lived in the city I don't think I could do it. My route has some gorgeous views which really puts me at peace when i'm running. I also have a river route close by and the national park. I can't wait for the summer so I can get to these runs.

Sontaikle a Fun run sounds.....well fun! goodluck with it. I'm sure you'll kill it.

Today I decided to reign in the speed on my runs. I'm being sooo competitive with myself about my time i'm absolutely killing myself. So went on my 5km run which took me 37:30 and I REALLY enjoyed it. I wasn't gasping for breath and my knees didn't kill. I figure if i'm making running a long term fitness regime for me I have to learn to be abit more moderate about it and actually enjoy it without pushing myself to death. So yea, relaxing runs vfrom now on.

Last edited by Ali87; 02-26-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Ali87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #97  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

sontaikle- Gahhhh that sounds like alot of fun. Good luck

I need to read this board and catch up but thought I'd join in..

I just got done with a 3.3 mile run. Inside because its a bit chilly...but hoping to run outside in the next few days =D Took me 37 minutes. Theres a 10k going on here this summer that I want to sign up for.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:41 AM   #98  
say what?

Ali: sounds smart! I've never pushed myself yet time wise. I just wanna do my best distance without discomfort. I am super afraid of getting injured. Which is silly, but yeh. We all have our silly things.

I made a mistake in when my re-exam for an important class is, it's friggin' tomorrow. And I am so not ready yet. No running for me today. Study. Study. Study.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I think I'm going to take a break from running for a while. I don't have the energy to go out and do it. I'm trying to do the elliptical for an hour to continue exercising. I just don't want to run right now. It's like a mental problem rather than a physical one.
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #100  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I'm not a runner but I'd love to be! I ran a little the other day, I was exercising inside and I just got the urge and I ran outside and it felt great. Granted it was like 2 minutes but ehh it's a start. Usually when I'm walking I run a little ever few minutes but I'm still pretty unfit.

I can see the appeal and freedom of running.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #101  
say what?

It's quiet here! where are you gals? not running just like me?

I was hoping you could encourage me.. I've not been running in over 2 weeks and had bad eating in that period. Now I am doing good again with the food, but I am so scared to go running. Afraid I'll not manage longer than a mile. How rapidly can you decline from not running?

Before my break I did 3.7miles pretty decently. Think I could just go for a 3mile run tomorrow?
Old 03-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 260/236/145

Height: 5'4"

Philana - You never know 'till you try. If you're apprehensive just aim for 1 mile. That'll get you far enough that you'll know whether you can do 3. Depending on what you're lifestyle has been like the last 2 weeks i'm thinking a break that short can't make too much difference. But then...

I've caused a little bit of a mess for myself the last 5 days. Off plan and off my head I think and certainly not running. I just was eating anything I could get my hands. Quite dissapointed as I havn't binged in well over a year and really trying to figure out what caused it but can only blame a change in routine. I was looking after my mothers bookshop for 3 days, riding my bike there and back (18miles total) and just sitting reading seemed to just trigger me to eat. Then by the time I got home I was too tired and too bloated to go running.
Went running today and it really felt like the first time again. So lathargic and tired. I've put myself on a detox which I hope will get me back into shape in no time. But still really dissapointed with myself.
Ali87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #103  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

philana : A good thing about cardio is that you don't loose it that quick. your first run after your breack might look painful, but you'll get back in the mood really fast, beleive me! I just got back from a break too, and I feel you, I felt I was gonna be so bad when I would start running again. Truth is, I was slower but I still made a good distance. You can do it too

ali : everybody is a mess, everyone in a while. and at least, you still rode your bike!

I've started this week my 18 weeks half marathon training program. I'm a bit scared about this long distance, I've never made it past 10.5k. Oh well, you never know until you try.

I'm supposed to go running later this afternoon. Luckily it's super warm today, so it's gonna be a pleasant run!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #104  
say what?

Thanks for the suppert Ali & Turbo!

I decided to just go for a 3mile run and see how I'd do. But then I got kind of competative with myself and tried to run my best time. I did it in 34.5mins. Which I think is pretty good because I ate awfully for 2 weeks and barely moved a muscle. I did feel a bit out of breath but nothing was hurting. So I pushed myself but I don't think too much.

I really wanna run under 30mins on sunday. I doubt I am going to. Do you girls have any tips on how to best prepare for it?
Old 03-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 215/141.4/140

Height: 5'7"

I did my first 5k race yesterday! Yay! My time was 34:01 even with walking a little so I'm pretty pleased although I wish that I would have pushed myself a little harder! But I loved it and can't wait to do more races! I really want to try doing a half marathon later this year and maybe some other races on between. I still can't believe that I've come so far!

Turbomammoth - I've been looking into half marathon training schedules and can't decide what will be best for me. What is yours like?

Philana - great job with your 3 mile run!

Ali87 - i've had days like that too. After running for 20 minutes one day I suddenly couldn't even force myself to do more than 10 the next week! It was frustrating but for me I think a lot of it was mental so I was back to normal pretty quickly.
RebaRamBam is offline   Reply With Quote