Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #196  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Just got on the charts just to not have lost anything this week. I'm hoping it's just TOM, but I haven't been eating the best this week. I started student teaching last week, and I've been so concentrated on it that food worries have taken a back seat. I'm just trying to eat the same things I normally do, so hopefully that will keep me lined out.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 260/seeticker/190

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

im afraid to weigh................gonna skip a week...i think!
Old 02-22-2012, 02:15 AM   #198  
Against all odds

S/C/G: 340/331/170

Height: 5'8"

Oh wow, I was #1 two weeks in a row?!?!

I'm having a hard time with that lol
I feel accomplished but I went on Holiday and I have not lost as much as I should. I WILL work harder this week. My Goal to be in Onederland is coming so close I can almost *gasp!* taste it!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:10 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Yay I'm finally in the negative for this challenge on the board!!! I hope it continues so I can reach GOAL!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Sorry I've been MIA the last week or 2. My ex decided he wanted to try to work things out between us...then changed his mind and dumped me again. I think I'm okay. :/ I'm unhappy, obviously, but I think deep down I didn't think we would work and I was kind of expecting it. Not so soon, because we were going to try to work things out, and instead he decided he didn't want to try. But I don't think he was the one for me. I hope I don't get any worse than I am right now - I haven't even really cried. I'm more angry than sad. But...yeah. I think I am okay. Is that weird?

I've been kind of unmotivated to run lately. It's weird. I don't mind doing the elliptical for an hour, but the thought of running for an hour is an entirely different story. Do you burn significantly more calories running vs. doing the elliptical? If not I might take a running break and stick to the gym instead. I know I want to do a half marathon, but I don't feel like running. But I also don't want to stop losing weight. Thoughts?
Old 02-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 208/205/154

Height: 5''8.5

Just joined the challenge, I am excited!
Omg you guys have some great numbers, this is going to be a tough tough competition! But I am ready :-)
Old 02-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicalAstronaut View Post
but I think deep down I didn't think we would work and I was kind of expecting it.

I haven't even really cried. I'm more angry than sad. But...yeah. I think I am okay. Is that weird?
No, I don't think that's weird at all. My ex pretty much did the same thing to me, except he strung me long for 9 months until he decided he wanted to work on us then wound up giving up 1.5 months later. It took me a whole 'nother month and a half to get fed up enough to dump him. He wasn't interested in dumping me twice so he decided to be a d-ck to me until I did it. THEN two weeks later told me he didn't know why we were broken up and he FEELS like I'm the one who broke us up. Nice, dude, real nice. But I was more angry than sad the second time. I was just done.

Anyway. I consider the second time around absolutely crucial to my healing process. First time it just felt like a giant gaping wound and I lost The One and we were meant to be together and blah blah blah. Second time around it proved to me that I didn't do anything wrong. The One wouldn't actually treat me like that. If we were meant to be together then we would be together and it wouldn't be a struggle to make it work. It was my closure from the first time. And dating him a second time reintegrated me into my old group of friends (Ex convinced me they didn't like me anymore after the first break up) which lead me to my current boyfriend who is the best. So not only was it crucial to my healing, I'm incredibly thankful it happened.

I hope you continue to feel like he isn't the one for you! The one for you wouldn't do that to you =)
Old 02-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 135/124/110

Height: 5'1"

Leaving today for LA and talked to my sis on the phone last night... apparently she has a bikini for her swimsuit (because her boyfriend thought it was hot?) and we're going to the beach together. I told her maybe I would wear my bikini as moral support, since it's just my sister, she doesn't care what I look like, there won't be anyone else we know and she's a little heavier than I am anyway. So I guess I'm packing both my tankini and bikini???? I'll let you all know how it goes!

I'll be without a scale for the next week, but I'll weigh in on Thursday next week a few days later than I normally do since it's still technically that week. I'll see you all then!
Old 02-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daki View Post
But I was more angry than sad the second time. I was just done.

Anyway. I consider the second time around absolutely crucial to my healing process. First time it just felt like a giant gaping wound and I lost The One and we were meant to be together and blah blah blah. Second time around it proved to me that I didn't do anything wrong. The One wouldn't actually treat me like that. If we were meant to be together then we would be together and it wouldn't be a struggle to make it work. It was my closure from the first time.
This is totally how I feel. Like, my friends want to talk about it like the first time and I'm just like...no. I'm done. I can't seem to spare any more energy for this and I don't want to. You're right, the One wouldn't treat me like he did. He made it so complicated and such a struggle, and it shouldn't be like that all the time. I got my closure, I don't think he was the One, and now I feel like I can finally move on.

I also hope I can keep feeling this way about it. I'm afraid of going back and feeling upset.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #205  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Looking at the spread sheet you would think I'm gaining but I'm down to 151 today (this is why I weight EVERY day so I can see trends). Sunday and Monday are my fattest days!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I've started weighing myself everyday too! And seeing good results from it.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #207  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Riestrella- When you get a chance, can you update my goal weight to 160? I'm 10 pounds away from my original goal and can see I definitely need to go a bit lower.

MusicalAstronaut- I'm happy everything worked out in the end for you. Even if it wasn't exactly as planned.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:13 PM   #208  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Baker – yes it did! Lol it went down 1 lb the next day so my scale was just playing tricks on me. Congrats on your loss! You’re amazing
I believe you can change your own goal weight if you wanted.

Philana – it’s hard to avoid, and not give into the temptations. But you can do it

Musical – sorry about the boy stuffs. I don’t think running burns that many more calories. It’s more doing something, so if you’re happy doing the elliptical I don’t see why that would be a problem
Old 02-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I'm new to the forum and this is my first week dieting, but I decided to go ahead and take this challenge. I think it will be a good motivator for me. I looked over the spreadsheet and you guys are all doing so great! It's really inspiring for me
Old 02-23-2012, 07:06 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 190/187/150

Height: 5'6"

i reached my first mini-goal for the challenge, which was to get below 160 before my cruise vacation- 12 days away!!! im sure ill gain on the cruise but maybe i can shake another pound or two before i leave. im packing some bikinis but im usually too self-conscious to take off my board shorts. we'll see...
Closed Thread