Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #91  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Hey ladies. Holding steady here, and no complaints about that with last week's 3.9 lb loss...except the fact that I am just ounces away from that 100 lb loss, and it's teasing me! I think I should just be happy with the size 6 Levi's I bought today--which are just eluding me by about 5-10 more pounds. I can zip them, but not quite there to wear them out of the house yet. But still! THIS is why I love exercise--it really shrinks you!
Kawaii, we've all been there, done that--and it absolutely sucks. I agree with the others though--this guy is definitely not worth your time. Eventually, that'll become easier to see.
dizzy, I also see success with the occasional cheat day, so yay for it working for you, too!
running, whoo! You're just speeding through the 160s! Nice!
Gold, Alicia, and Traci, you're all doing great!
Jelbb, I hate stupid water-retaining sore muscles. They make it so difficult to see all your hard work translate onto the scale. You're oh so close to the 160s though!
Let's have a great rest of the week, ladies!

Last edited by rainydays; 02-07-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #92  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Bwahaha... I have been in this thread for like 2 years (I wish I was joking!!). When I finally see 159 I might pee my pants. Someday!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

I started out at 181, didn't weigh myself for a while, and then realized I was down to 167. I skipped (seeing) 17X entirely! Now I just want out of the 16X's, I'm probably around 165 right now so I'm almost there! Unfortunately, I'm really stressed out these days, I've got so much work to do and I'm wiped most of the time. Exercise hasn't come easy.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Traci: congrats on the scale moving for you! well actually, I’m one of those people that – when really heartbroken – eats less, not more. so yeah. I’ve put exercise on hold though, which sucks and makes me kinda angry cuz I had JUST started again after months and months of nothing, but I just can’t make myself do it… ergh. well anyways…. I’m gonna try not to give up!

Gold: thank you so much! yeah… I don’t think he is toying with me… he is actually the nicest guy that I have met in my 4 years in Japan, and one of the best ones in my life. but he has admitted that he is a bit of a pushover when it comes to his ex, and he doesn’t know how to say no to her. He’s told me about her before when we first started dating, he’s like “she has no parents, no family, she has only me” and I feel that SHE is playing hard the “I’m a lonely orphan” card and “I have no reason to live if you leave me and so my death’s gonna be on your conscience” kinda thing… which is just horrible. I KNOW he loves me, and I KNOW that the feelings he has for her are not of romantic love… *sigh* right now he said he’s super confused and asked to give him time but it just feels SO horrible…

dizzy: haha. see? an occasional binge is good for weightloss!! congrats!

jelbb: thanks. oh yeah, I had one of those end-of-the-world breakups before… now that it’s years in the past, I can definitely say that it was probably a good, thing, although not as bad as that. I don’t think I’ll be able to say that about this one if it does end up falling apart. there was basically nothing wrong with us until this happened, super suddenly. like, we were one of those annoyingly cute couple that you just wanna punch in the face when you’re single, you know? my best friend kept telling me “surely you’re really dating a girl…” lol. eh. well yeah, anyways, trying to reason with a broken-hearted girl is prooobably not gonna reach her, eheh. I’m kind of aware I don’t wanna hear it…. I actually read that book before!! during aforementioned end-of-the-world breakup… honestly, I really don’t feel it applies in this case. it really feels like some outside even just came to shamble everything. the thing also that you have to understand is that in the Japanese culture, you are trained from birth that being selfish is wrong, that chosing for yourself is wrong and that you must always put the good of the group before yourself. for him to make the selfish decision of being with me even though he thinks she needs him more is really really hard. for you and me it seems so obvious, but it goes against everything he’s ever been taught. *sigh* ah well anyways… congrats on the 171.0!! I really hope you see a good number at your weigh-in!

rainydays: oh man! 100lbs?! it would drive me nuts too!! good luck! yeaaaah… well I’ve already explained a lot to the two previous girls… but thanks for the hug!

Valrock: aww… hope you can do it this time around!

Nadya: that’s awesome!! wish I could do that! haha…

well guys, not much more to report on my end. weight was up a bit this morning, though not by very much. I blame it on the fact that I ate carbs yesterday. not like I ate a lot, but I usually don’t and I had a super horrible pounding headache and weirdly enough, eating bread seems to help, so I did.

the situation with the boy remains unchained. we were mailing yesterday and I asked if he wanted to talk to me after work (round 11pm, which is a bit late for me) and he said no cuz he still felt the same as the day before (confused) and I should just go to bed early. just sucks. but thanks for your support, all! it really does help. actually, I’ve only told a few people about the situation, because I don’t want to alarm everyone unless it officially falls apart. so it helps to talk about it.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #95  
GoingForGold

S/C/G: 177/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Dizzy - Yay! Glad to see you "broke through". Keep up the good work.

Jelbb - I am now in solidarity with hating 171. I simply will not be happy until you're happy. And 171 can go screw.

Rainy - I totally agree with you about exercise shrinking you...except today. I am a hot mess of bloat and everything else that hits you like a ton of bricks in the weight loss world. I feel LARGER today than i've felt in weeks, yet I keep weighing 159 give or take .2. :-P I'll feel better next week, maybe...FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU AND THE 100 LB GOAL. WHEN YOU ANNOUNCE IT, WE'LL HAVE A BIG VIRTUAL PARTY FOR YOU.

Hey Val - That would be hysterical if you actually peed in your pants when you hit 159. Keep us posted. Keep posting here - these girls rock.

Nadya - Umm...that is HUGE! I weigh myself everyday, so no chance of me skipping a decade without noticing, but good for you! I'm pretty sure Val is giving you the stink eye right now though (just kidding Val! ;-)

Kawaii - You know the situation best girl. I'm here for ya till you figure things out and things get better. However, this is the last time the boy should pull this card (the "she needs me" card), and you have to tell him as much ;-) Just focus on what you can control (eating as healthy as possible and maybe giving yourself a manicure)
Old 02-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #96  
GoingForGold

On another note, anybody dealing w/ stretch marks? I have had them around my upper thighs since high school (now I have alot more), but now I am getting them on my breasts :-( This is sooo sad - I always had knock-out knockers if ya know what I mean jelly beans!!! What to do?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #97  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Rainy:
Omigod! You're soooo damn close to that 100 lb loss! Christ, that must be exciting! So proud of you!!!
And yeah, I have a tonne of jeans like that from when I was smaller... ones that... I can zip them up, but they give me just enough muffin top that... well, I ain't wearin' 'em out anytime soon.
Size 6 though, lady, kudos! Good god, I wish I was a size 6 at 163.0.... I can't remember EVER being that size, even at 135-140ish... that being said, even at my lowest weights, I've never been physically FIT, (just low-calorie obsessed) so maybe all the working out that I'm doing will make this time different!

Valrock:
Sorry to hear about your scale honey. How super frustrating. But stick to it, eventually you'll see that number!!! 30 lbs is totally doable when you've already lost so much!

Nayda:
Man oh man. I never find exercise easy! But it's definitely way worse when you're totally exhausted. I do find though, that my energy levels are always higher when I have managed to start getting in those little walks and workouts.
Kudos on that loss though! God, sometimes I wish I didn't weigh myself in daily, so I could see losses in big leaps and bounds...! But daily weigh-ins sometimes feel like the only reason I get my *** up in the morning!

Kawaii:
Hmmm. What a crazy intense cultural difference. I guess I understand that concept, that he feels responsible. That being said, I think it's incredibly unfair to you, and NOT okay. I hope things get resolved either way, and you know we're here for you. I get not wanting to talk about it with friends and family preemptively, so... any new developments you need to get off your chest, feel free to dish here!

Gold:
I totally had those on my last round of weight loss. Honestly, I found that they faded pretty quickly... though I was as shocked and appalled as you are to see them appear while losing weight...!!! I'm not sure if they'll rear their ugly heads again this time, but... I'm prepared for the worst.
Definitely try some vitamin E oil and body butter, and all the other skin-stretching elasticity cures. It may not completely fix the current ones, but it could help prevent new ones from showing up. And I promise you, my new ones didn't seem to hang around all that long. I'm sure they'll fade before you know it.

Btw, I just noticed that you have an end goal of 130 by 30. That's AWESOME.... but you're not gonna leave the 20-somethings thread are you!?!?!?!?!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I'm back into the 170's and happy to be here!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #99  
GoingForGold

GREAT JOB SAPPHIRE!! We are happy to have you!!

Val - I meant to tell you that your pic is awesome :-)

Jelbb - I am going to try everything you recommended, b/c I can't deal with any more stretch marks. It's seriously freaking me out.

Kawaii - feel free to dish on whatever you want girl. We're here to support. We obviously want YOU to be happy, but i think everyone understands the situation is complicated. It's nice to have an objective view though! I thought I'd give you two posts today, b/c ur going through a tuff time.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #100  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Sapphire:
Welcome welcome welcome!!! Way to kick some 180s ***. Post lots, we're happy to have you! (Especially since we're losing SOME people... *cough* Gold *cough*)

Gold:
Here's an article of tips regarding weight loss stretch marks...!

There are also a bunch of products that claim to help, and some of them even have good reviews. Skinception and Revitol are supposed to be good, if you're willing to dish out the money for $50-70 products.
That being said, the reviews are always mixed. It always seems to depend on the person and skin type. Some people get instant-satisfaction within a week and things are fading like mad.... other people see no difference. So.... it's a gamble.

As for me...
Previous: 171.0..

Yaaaay, post-TOM wooooooshhhhhh! 170.0! I'mma comin' for ya, 160s!!!!!

Last edited by Jelbb; 02-08-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #101  
Once and for all

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey y'all. Hope all is well hanging out at 163.6. February is still my month to see the 150s.

Dizzy- I am so happy that it worked for you. The reason why I'm guessing this works, is bc the body is so efficient that it gets used to the 1200 or 1500 calories and can gobble it up since it knows what to expect. The minute you "shock" your system it's like oh crap I need to do something with this extra and sends your metabolism into overdrive. Hope that makes sense
Old 02-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #102  
Explorer

S/C/G: 188/170/163

Height: 5'9''

Yippiiii!!! 169.5! I haven't seen anything like this for like forEVER!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #103  
Chug-chuggin' on

S/C/G: 171/156/130

Height: 5'3 and 3/4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzysoi View Post
*bangs head on table* I just wanna see the 150's. Is that too much to ask?

I'm 167.8lbs. And I'm frustrated as ****. I work out five days a week and burn 600 calories. I eat 1200-1400 a day and yet instead of dropping, the scale is slowly creeping back up from 164.2.

I'm getting so frustrated that part of me just wants to say F*#% it and throw in the towel, but the other part works harder yet nothing is happening.

I'm so discouraged right now. The only thing keeping me going is that I'm binging on biggest loser episodes on netflix.
DizzySoi - I haven't read through the more recent posts yet, so I don't know if you've been given information that has helped you already. Check out this book, though: Fitness Made Simple. I found it at the library and have since bought my own copy. Anyways, one of the greatest tips given in that book is to do 40-50 minutes of light cardio right after you wake up and before you have breakfast. It can be walking, the treadmill, stationary bike, etc. As long as you're not huffing and puffing and can talk normally while doing your cardio, you're golden. Doing this helps to burn 200% more fat during the day AND it kickstarts your metabolism. This, combined with following (most of) the nutrition plan and workouts, is what's helping me to lose weight. It's healthy, too, no gimmicks, just dedication and honest work. Hope this helps.

Graatsia - CONGRATULATIONS!! *Cheers*

Say, all you ladies have been very kind and supporting to one another, and actually keeping up to date with each other. I'll be back to read the rest of the recent posts, but I've already put off cleaning and packing parts of the kitchen for almost two hours. The Internet can do that to me. xP. Keep up the great spirit, ladies!

Also, weighed in at 163 lbs last night .

Last edited by CallMeTraci; 02-08-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #104  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

You're all doing so great!!! At this point I'll be happy to see the scale moving DOWN at all. It's been a weird year :P.

I'm going to college full time, raising 2 CRAZY kids by myself, and trying to make this happen... I've got my hands full!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

@Val : Holy cow, lady! It sounds like you get a lot of exercise already, kids can be exhausting!

@graatsia : Congrats, you're doing great!

@unstoppable : You'll get it, you're so close, you've got this. =)

@sapphiregirl : Congrats!

@Jelbb : Hey, whatever works right? I don't actually know many people who skip being weighed as long as I do, I think I've met like one other person who doesn't weigh themselves regularly and that's it. I avoid it mostly because I can become somewhat obsessive when it comes to numbers...weight fluctuates so much that I'd start monitoring every tiny change if I checked every day and I'm only losing ~1 lb. a week so if I checked every week I'd be like, "Really? One pound? That's it?!" But if I check 5 weeks later, that adds up to ~5 lbs. Then I'm like, "Five pounds? Heck yeah!" Not that there's a difference, it's still only a pound a week, it's just a mental trick...like turning your alarm clock around so you don't obsess over the fact that OMFG it's 3:00am and I gotta get up at 8:00, I'm gonna die!

@GoingForGold82 : I've had stretch marks since I was 12/13. I got them before I was even overweight. I was so upset that my parents took me to see several doctors in an attempt to get me help - I was horribly depressed, being bullied daily, and the marks didn't help - but I was told that I merely had "bad luck". It took me years and years to get over them. I thought about them literally every day, I was obsessed. Now I kind of just ignore them. They don't come to mind until I put on a smaller shirt that shows my arms or I worry about physical intimacy. I still wish I could get rid of them but eh...I don't want to waste my youth worrying about them and that's what I have been trying to keep in mind - do I want to be 70+, looking back on my life, realizing I wasted time over some stupid marks? That would be way worse!
Closed Thread