Old 01-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #241  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 151/142/130

Height: 5ft 9

Argh I have gained back all the weight I lost in 3 days!!!
I have no idea what is happening. I'm still hanging onto the idea that cos I've been eating more salt I'm retaining water but eek my weight is up from 143.6lbs to 149.8 in 3 days

Last edited by PaintedButterfly; 01-29-2012 at 09:10 AM.
PaintedButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I finally faced the scale this morning. 180.2, way up from my low of 174.8 a week ago.

I think at least 2-3 pounds of it is water weight. I climbed back on the diet wagon and fixed myself a healthy breakfast. I also completed my first meaningful run in nearly 2 weeks. I ran 3.8 miles then nearly collapsed. I just felt awkward rather than comfortable running. My legs were there but I struggled to breathe and my stomach kept cramping up. It kills me because I am training for a half marathon and ran 5.7 and 5.8 miles easily 2 weeks ago. I feel hopeful that my lungs will come back after a few more runs. On days like this I try to remember how far I have come. I started running at 216 pounds and could barely run for 2 min. It took me a several months to work up to 2 and 3 miles. Now that I got my car and things are settling down, I’m trying to get into a good routine.

Also I am forcing myself to go see this guy friend from college I’ve had a flirty thing with for awhile. He lives about an hour away. I set a deadline of 2/20 so that I’ll finally do it and find out if we have something. Therefore I hope to be at 165 by then. Meeting up with a hot guy in 3 weeks is very motivating .
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #243  
Is walking to Mt. Doom

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5 ft 7

Yay Deans List & Honorable mentino.. how did that happen?

Thank you for running this challenge It's very much appreciated by all of us I'm sure.

Keep going ladies! Nothing worth having was meant to be easy to get!

xxxx
lilsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/145

Height: 5'7

168 this morning! I knew it was that stupid scale!! what a relief!
sabri711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 250/256.3/160

Height: 5'10"

I had a very indulgent weekend. Up to 214 this morning. The worst part was how lethargic I felt after Friday's and Saturday's less than ideal ratings. Even my husband commented on it. I suddenly realized that's how I felt all the time before changing the way I eat. I have to remember that next time I want to eat the heavily processed/fried/fast foods.

I did get my workouts every work day last weekend and got a great walk in the park with the dog on Sunday. Despite not wanting to, I still got up and went to the gym this morning. This week I doubt i will see a loss, just hoping to loss this weight from the weekend!!
KatTheAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatTheAmazon View Post
I suddenly realized that's how I felt all the time before changing the way I eat. I have to remember that next time I want to eat the heavily processed/fried/fast foods.
I had the same revelation recently. That I felt slow and fatigued all of the time before I started eating better.

I ate at Arby's (Crispy chicken sandwich with "swiss" and bacon) this weekend and while I was eating it my boyfriend said "As good as you thought it was going to be?" And I said "No... and as a matter of fact, it's not good at all!" But I was hungry, so I ate it. Wish I had just thrown it out despite how wasteful that is. After, I spent a few minutes trying to decide if it was the sandwich's fault it didn't taste good or if my tastebuds changed their idea of good. In the end I decided it was my tastebuds because I wound up giving the rest of my fries to my boyfriend (I normally hog my fries) and I thought the soda tasted off. It's weird how our tastes change!

Last edited by Daki; 01-30-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/145

Height: 5'7

hahah that same thing happened to me a while ago as well!! even white pasta (I stick with whole wheat.. or Barilla Plus (which is amazing i might add) ) tastes off to me! It makes it so much easier to eat healthy when you know the unhealthy stuff won't be delicious...

Now if only the taco truck down the street from my apartment would stop being so damn tasty...
sabri711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:44 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 186.6/181/164

Height: 5' 8.5"

Sorry Scarlett, I spent the week in New York so have been MIA!
LondonGirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:09 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 250/256.3/160

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daki View Post
I had the same revelation recently. That I felt slow and fatigued all of the time before I started eating better.
It's funny because I've had that revelation before but it didn't stick with me. Maybe this time it will since it was such a drastic change!

Last edited by KatTheAmazon; 01-31-2012 at 08:11 AM.
KatTheAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #250  
Is walking to Mt. Doom

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5 ft 7

Oh dear.. having a bad week I blame lots of stress at uni and a heavy workload. Back up 2lbs from last week. Lets see if I can break even by Thursday....

Last edited by lilsquirrel; 01-31-2012 at 09:30 PM.
lilsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #251  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintedButterfly View Post
Argh I have gained back all the weight I lost in 3 days!!!
I have no idea what is happening. I'm still hanging onto the idea that cos I've been eating more salt I'm retaining water but eek my weight is up from 143.6lbs to 149.8 in 3 days
If you have no idea why it's happening, it's probably just water. I'm the same. I went from 142 on Friday to 147 on Monday. My weight fluctuates so much, I'm fascinated be people who can weigh the same for days in a row!

Don't stress about it, get back on track and you'll see progress. I had 3 days off counting my food intake (which I usually do religiously) and I don't even want to imagine how awful it was! But I'm back on the wagon now, trying hard and that's what matters! I hope you see a good number soon x

Last edited by themilesawaygirl; 02-01-2012 at 11:02 AM.
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #252  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 151/142/130

Height: 5ft 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by themilesawaygirl View Post
If you have no idea why it's happening, it's probably just water. I'm the same. I went from 142 on Friday to 147 on Monday. My weight fluctuates so much, I'm fascinated be people who can weigh the same for days in a row!

Don't stress about it, get back on track and you'll see progress. I had 3 days off counting my food intake (which I usually do religiously) and I don't even want to imagine how awful it was! But I'm back on the wagon now, trying hard and that's what matters! I hope you see a good number soon x
Aw thanks for the encouragement . It helps to know I'm not the only one! I think you're right and that it was just water after all. Thankfully it's been steadily decreasing again since then to now 144.8 which is still 1.2lbs above where I was last Thursday but it's a **** of a lot better than 149.8 that's for sure! With any luck maybe it'll decrease again tomorrow and well.. maybe by some miracle I won't have gained any within a week.
I guess that's one of the drawbacks of weighing yourself daily.. cos say I only weighed myself Last Thursday and today (Wednesday) then it'd only be a 1.2lb difference instead of the 6.2lb increase I've seen throughout this week!
I'm glad you're back on track . I am sort of now.. although my plan for today got totally screwed up cos my mum suddenly invited me out for lunch and she's been having some big problems so I couldn't really say no.. and it was a lovely lunch but it sure wasn't on my meal plan!
PaintedButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintedButterfly View Post
Aw thanks for the encouragement . It helps to know I'm not the only one! I think you're right and that it was just water after all. Thankfully it's been steadily decreasing again since then to now 144.8 which is still 1.2lbs above where I was last Thursday but it's a **** of a lot better than 149.8 that's for sure! With any luck maybe it'll decrease again tomorrow and well.. maybe by some miracle I won't have gained any within a week.
I guess that's one of the drawbacks of weighing yourself daily.. cos say I only weighed myself Last Thursday and today (Wednesday) then it'd only be a 1.2lb difference instead of the 6.2lb increase I've seen throughout this week!
I'm glad you're back on track . I am sort of now.. although my plan for today got totally screwed up cos my mum suddenly invited me out for lunch and she's been having some big problems so I couldn't really say no.. and it was a lovely lunch but it sure wasn't on my meal plan!

This is so reassuring to hear.. my weight fluctuates and can increase up to 7lbs within days... delighted to hear that i am not alone .. and really reassured we are all in the same boat..
fair play for getting back on track .. i am just back from a a night away in Manchester.. so looking forward to getting back on track tomorrow.. i was bad but not very bad while away, so a improvement on other trips away...
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:12 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 186.6/181/164

Height: 5' 8.5"

Baseline: 1/5 -- 186.4
Week 1 : 1/11 -- 186
Week 2 : 1/18 -- 181
Week 3 : 1/26 -- In NYC
Week 4 : 2/2 -- 181.6
LondonGirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:23 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 254.8 / 210.2 / 135.0

Height: 5'2

Still stuck on this plateau. I updated my weight for last week and this week. Sorry, for missing it Scarlett. PetiteFleur and I started running this week, so maybe it'll help finally lose some weight.

Last edited by jumelle; 02-02-2012 at 08:50 AM.
jumelle is offline   Reply With Quote