Old 12-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #1  

Height: 5''

Talking running- losing it- lifestyle change- who's with me/

Running… you either love it or you hate it. It can be the most freeing, self-fulfilling feeling in the world or it can be the most monotonous job in the world. You’re constantly trying to “beat” yourself and get yourself out…

About six months ago I was regularly running/jogging 4-5 times a week. I wasn’t my ideal weight, I wasn’t reaching my ideal times and I wasn’t training for anything in particular. However, I was toned, I was in shape, and I was steadily jogging three miles.

Then… stopped jogging, I started going out a little more regularly ( I was out of school for a little bit before beginning my Master’s), and waking up extra early to get a run in before it became unbearably hot out (I live in south Florida), was no longer an option.

Now…I’m ready to make a change once and for all, hence my username.
I have Googled, I have searched, I have endlessly YouTubed for something to give me support, someone’s journey to follow and I have yet to find it. Never really was the type of person to blog, join discussion boards and actually contribute, but always the person to read and take bits of advice from complete strangers. HAHA. But lacking finding anything/anyone to consistently follow led me nowhere, expect here in hopes I will begin to share my journey (hopefully with people in relatable situations) and I can get and share advice, triumphs, ups and downs, this way.

That being said… I guess I should share a little about me.

I’m a 24 year old girl who lives in sunny South Florida. As mentioned above, it’s hot as **** down here and hard to run most times of the year, unless it’s before the sun has raised and humidity hit 98%. I work and take classes at night, so jogging after sundown is not usually an option, although it is most ideal.

I’m not here to say I am so overweight and don’t know what to do with myself. Yes, I am the biggest and most out of shape I’ve ever been, but overall I am pretty healthy. I’m 5 foot and about 129lbs. At my most ideal time I was around 120. I’d like to be around 115, actually, to be honest, I don’t care what the number says, I know what I’d like to look like.

I’m also not here to say that I want to lose weight and I don’t know how. Like most people, especially people who want to lose weight, I DO know how to lose weight. Cut the junk food, no fried food, eat more RAW foods, exercise, get sleep, stay positive, set realistic goals… we all know what we NEED to do. Actually DOING it is the hard part.

That is why I am here. We all know what we should be doing, losing weight isn’t a mystery. Just life is difficult, I’m sure most of us can agree there are not enough hours in the day to do what we want. For whatever the reason, people, including myself, want to do something, but just don’t.
I am ready to actually do it…starting TODAY.

I hope someone is reading this and is ready to take this journey with me.
To be honest, I haven’t even read any of the other forums yet…except the one about hula hoops…which I am convinced I need one now… I wanted to start fresh.

So like my username, I’m ready to make this permanent lifestyle change ONCE AND FOR ALL. Putting my information out here makes me feel liable and I don’t want to be embarrassed and get on here and say how I haven’t done anything in a week and I feel off…soooo here I go.
Last night, I stayed up until 5:30am. My boyfriend is in the Army and he stationed somewhere where there is a 5 hour difference and we were talking on the phone until pretty late.
I woke up around 11:00 am…not by choice either, but because my friend called me and woke me up. After laying in bed until 1:30 I figured it was probably time I get my *** in gear.

Reading the above sentence makes me feel like I am depressed, I’m not though, I just literally had no reason to get out of bed and start my day and a reasonable hour.

I crawled out of bed and went for a jog. I didn’t eat breakfast, I ate two teaspoons of peanut butter and a bottle of water before. I jogged for a little over a mile and a half and averaged 12.30 minute miles… wow that’s slow for me. But hey, it’s reality.

When I got home I felt light headed, I’m sure it’s a combination of lack of sleep and lack of nutrition. Did I mention I didn’t have a nutritious dinner last night either… a margarita and a crunchy sushi roll with a deep friend appetizer. Again, I know what I need to do to get where I want to be and obviously I haven’t been doing it.

Another reason I need to get my *** in gear, in February I have THREE runs. Two 5ks here in Florida for a charity I work for and one 8 miler in St. Thomas. As I said TIME TO GET MY *** IN GEAR.

Well as I typed this I just ate a lean cuisine, again, probably a meal that is full of sodium, dairy, and preservatives wasn’t my best option. I probably should have made a healthy salad, but I didn’t.

I’m really going to try and make a better choice for dinner- although I work in a restaurant, with A LOT of fried food.

One last tidbit, my boyfriend deploys for a year starting in January…I’d really love to have the most amazing body when he comes back-that would be awesome.

Time for change, ONCE AND FOR ALL. Who’s with me?
doingitonceandforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/240/160

Height: 5 foot 8

I'm ready to change!

Unlike you though, I am trying to lose the weight. I am in college, in a sorority, and although I get complimented on my face a lot...but body is something people just dont mention, and its because its nothing special. I want to get down to my ideal healthy weight, change my eating and exercise routines, and make a better life for myself. When i eat unhealthy, i become unfocused and i tend to do worse in school because of it. I keep veering toward the same kind of men because i dont believe i'm good enough for the ones worth fighting for.

I want to become that confident woman who has nothing to lose, and i believe by starting this journey of nutrition, exercise, and well being, i will finally get to that place.

I would also love to start seeing running as a freeing experience, rather than a prison i cant wait to be done with. I feel like if i get into better shape and running becomes less of a painful struggle, and more of a great workout where i can clear my head, then i could learn to love running.

I am ready to change my life. I always thought i was...but until i actually get myself into that healthy confident life style, im not sure i will.
ClaireBear92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/131.6/108

Height: 5'

I've been wanting to start running. So i guess i will do that. It will have to be in the morning, and outside as i don't have a treadmill. I feel like in order to make my *** and thighs look the way i want them to, i am going to have to run or skate at least 5 times a week. My issue with running is I have smokers lungs (which is funny because I've never smoked, just too much second hand smoke for 18 years.) but I'm up to the challenge. I mentioned in another post i want to wear shorts next summer, and running seems like the best toning/fat burning exercise i can do for that.

Also our stats are very similar! I'm 5' as well and 5 lbs heavier than you! Are you bottom heavy like i am lol?
aware210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I LOVE running but there don't seem to be many runners on here. I've done a number of 5Ks and recently did my first 10K. I'd like to do another 5K around February, 10K in March and then a half-marathon in April. I'd love to share running tips and tales with you!
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #5  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

runner here.

it's on my ticker.

let us unite, 20 something runners!
aka8941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 216/182.9/122

I'm a wannabe runner! Doing C25K at the moment - I love the feeling of accomplishment I have during and after. Doing my first 5k in March - can't wait!
Cheece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #7  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I want to join! I was always a powerwalker and that worked for me. But I need to shake some serious poundage and tone up badly after a baby and not losing the baby weight for 3me years. I am going to do C25K to help get my stamina back up. Good luck!
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/131.6/108

I think i am going to start c25k on Monday. My husband has been saying he would like a running partner when he gets home from basic, so that will give me time to do that. plus my doggy will love the exercise! All i need now is a stopwatch!
aware210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I started running with C25K, so all of you doing that, you're off to a great start! Today my boyfriend and I went to national park near our apartment. The trail there is a big loop that goes around the mountain and then back over it. We jogged on the mostly flat part that goes around the mountain (~3 miles), and then hiked back (~3.3 miles). It was great. I never would have been able to do that half a year ago! And now I love doing stuff like that. Jogging out there feels so much harder than on the treadmill, too. It's a lot of up and down, even though it's going around the mountain. I think I want to add that into my routine.

What running did you guys do this week? Anything special?
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/192/140

Height: 5'5

I needed to read this. I know what to do but can't get myself to stick to it! Ah,

haven't hit the track in awhile...I shall jog a mile and find my out of shape starting time!
Miss LunaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

I really want to join in on this!!! sadly its WINTER here and it can get to minus 40... eeeeeep! I'm currently trying to find some winter running gear.
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #12  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Running was a huge part of my life this year. I lost a huge chunk of my weight running, and I love it. I trained for a 10k and completed it in 1 hour 11 minutes, which was fine by me! I got a medal and everything.

Unfortunately I live in England where the weather is stupid all year around. Spring/Summer is really the only time I can run comfortably, so I had to switch my workout to Insanity because it was intense and indoors. I love a certain route you see, and when I'm not running there I feel miserable! I'm a picky runner you might say!

But when Spring comes back around and my route isn't muddy and slippy I will definitely get back into running. It's a great sport, it's so good to do if you want to lose weight and so fulfilling. I encourage everyone to at least try running for a month and see how they feel!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:01 AM   #13  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

ok ladies! I just got off my butt at 12 in the night and did the first day of C25K. It was great and it made me remember the great feeling after you are done with your run and how strong and good you feel.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:57 AM   #14  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

I already had a plan to start back on C25K–it's been three weeks since my last run!–and seeing your post redoubled my determination to stay on track with my exercise. The scale has been very slow without exercise, and I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things!
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #15  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Go C25Kers!!!!
aka8941 is offline   Reply With Quote