3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Has anyone seen "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/248128-has-anyone-seen-fat-sick-nearly-dead.html)

MsGetRight25 12-03-2011 01:45 PM

Has anyone seen "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"

I've been hiding over in the Atkins corner, but 2 nights ago, I watch Joe Cross's documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". Now, I've become dead set on doing a 60 Day Juice Fast after my 3 months Atkins challenge, but I have to say that I had never heard of it before.

Has anyone seen the movie? What did you think?

Has anyone tried a Juice Fast? How did it go?

If you're interested in seeing the movie, its on hulu.com.

FunSize 12-03-2011 03:44 PM

Yes I love that movie! I think Joe is HOT (shh..) lol! But I've re-watched it at least 10 times. I have yet to do a juice fast but I really want to once I get ahold of a juicer. If not a full fast but a "fast" day once a week.

JessLess 12-03-2011 05:06 PM

It's free on Hulu, and I just watched it.

I'm glad those people found something that worked for them and am shocked by how quickly they lost weight. I've always been told to eat the fruit and vegetables rather than drink juice because the fiber is beneficial. It was a cool documentary, I'm glad I watched it.

Raven132 12-03-2011 05:14 PM

I'm too much of a carnivore to do it myself, but to each his own.

MsGetRight25 12-04-2011 10:27 AM

I'm happy to hear other people received it well. Joe is kinda hot. I loved the glasses!

I've watched it twice on hulu so far. I even paused it to write down the information that the nutritionists were providing. I've asked for a Breville for xmas. It's the only thing on my list... fingers crossed!

JessLess 12-04-2011 12:29 PM

That would be awesome. I did have juicer envy watching it.

dust2bunny 12-05-2011 01:19 AM

I bought a juicer on cyber Monday. Making my first juice on Wed. Its going to be Green Lemonade from Natalia Rose's book The Raw Food Detox. Very excited!!!

ade903 12-05-2011 11:29 AM

Please be sure to juice only organic fruits and veggies. If you juice regular, you'll just be concentrating poison into your body!

GonnaTurnHeads 12-05-2011 05:00 PM

I'm a juicer!! I really like it! I don't do full juicing fasts for more than a couple days, but I replace at least one meal a day with a juice.

KatTheAmazon 12-05-2011 07:07 PM

I've got it in my Netflix insta-q.

Daimere 12-05-2011 09:08 PM

I watched it last night. I thought it was interesting but I don't think I could do a juice fast for that long. Although I am going to start adding green smoothies to my diet

jessica2231 12-06-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsGetRight25 (Post 4128022)
I'm happy to hear other people received it well. Joe is kinda hot. I loved the glasses!

I've watched it twice on hulu so far. I even paused it to write down the information that the nutritionists were providing. I've asked for a Breville for xmas. It's the only thing on my list... fingers crossed!

i havent seen the movie but, my brother and my cousin went on a juice fast so i got to see first hand for literally three months how it affected them. They had different amounts of weight to lose but lost it all in the 3months. my brother had about 90lbs and my cuz had about 65lbs. in three months!!! They felt helathier and had more enrgy during it to. i tried to start it but it takes so much willpower. you are so cut off from any other foods. so for me its not the thing i would rather lose it slowly. ut if your thinking about doing it. well it really works and is healthy! so do it!:hug: And GOOD LUCK!!!

SMSDREAMER2007 12-07-2011 02:45 PM

I saw it and loved it. I would LOVE to go on a juice fast but it is expensive I don't have that kind of money :\ Ugh.

Riestrella 12-07-2011 07:04 PM

Really research these sort of crash/fasting diets - some of them can be really harmful to your body and send it into survival mode so when you do start eating normally it will store the fat immediately because you've been living off juice. At the end of the day we're just straight up humans, we need carbs, fats and proteins to function healthily. If you're just going to be juicing up natural foods then I don't see why you don't just chew on them!

caliyah 12-09-2011 03:52 AM

if you lose quickly..you gain quickly....I've juice fasted before and regained. I'm trying to go slow and steady this time. The hardest part is maintenance. Juice fasts don't teach you how to maintain long term losses