Old 11-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Question upper body exercises anyone?

My lower body is getting a pretty good work out these days, my legs, which thanks to (mild) Milroys disease aren't my best feature are gradually improving and looking somewhat normal these days! yay!

However I'm looking for different exercises for my upper body (tri/bi-ceps, abs, chest, back, etc) and I wondered if anyone had any successful exercises to share with me? As i'm looking a little flabby, and will stay that way unless I step it up.

Thanks xx
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #2  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

I've been doing a circuit for abs. Some with a medicine ball and some without...you should be able to find a circuit on YouTube or online. I like doing it because you don't really need any special equipment so it can be done almost anywhere (read: no excuse not to!). Usually I include a couple planks (on my elbows, I'm weak) at the end of each round.

My major arm workout is playing Squash, although it only works one arm haha. I'm a bit clueless as to what to do for arms with weights so I just use machines at my gym for tricep presses and pull downs. Maybe try push-ups? Boring, I know, but they work most of the upper body from what I've read.
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Do you read Cosmo magazine? They had an arms exercise thing over the summer that I did, and it worked GREAT. I don't have it anymore...if you want to PM me I can try to describe it to you, haha, or take some pics of me doing them. But they're simple and you don't even need weights to do them (the article said water bottles would do fine, I used 3lb weights) and you'll definitely lose inches. I think I lost 4 on each arm. *victory dance*
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #4  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

I'm addicted to Pinterest and I have a board for workouts and motivation - here's an arm one that I've been doing that I like!

http://pinterest.com/pin/135037688796506232/
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

I have this same problem: flabby, flabby arms, so I thank you for this thread. I think I'm going to try the pinterest workout posted by platformnine. Hopefully, I have some success with it. I'm also going to try to find the arm workout on Cosmo's website that MusicalAstronaut mentioned. If I do find it, I will be sure to post it here.
princessgina00 is offline   Reply With Quote