Old 11-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #1  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Question How do you stay motivated??

I was just wondering how do you stay motivated? With me its a on and off thing. I can't seem to stay on track. I just keep getting frustated with myself. Its hard to avoid temptation. I have it at my house which my parents are no help at all. Then working in a restaurant especially in the kitchen it very difficult. Should I bring healthy snacks to work? I just don't know wat to do? I want to lose 30 lbs by my 26th bday in March. I have all of Jillian Michaels wrkout dvds so I can wrkout. I need help.

Last edited by jmfan317; 11-02-2011 at 03:15 PM.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

I stay motivated by saying to myself "Imagine where you will be 6 months from now if you stick to it." I said that 6 months ago... and I am 54 pounds lighter.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196(HW220) /149.5/130

Height: 5'3"

One thing I do to stay motivated is put up sticky notes with mini-goals next to my computer. I generally choose something less than 5 pounds away, and will write something like “Because I’ve almost lost 10 pounds and I can lose the rest” or “Because I’ll be smaller this birthday than I have since I was 15” (you get the idea). It’s helped me a lot when I’m surfing the net and feel like snacking on something, cause instead I’ll look up, see my motivation and ask myself is I’m really hungry or if I just want to eat.
SparkleBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I don't know exactly how I stay motivated. Sometimes I'm not. I just try to keep going so I have no regrets about wasting time. My realization about myself is I have a tendency to make things inconvient for myself from catering to others a lot. This is starting to change now that I've found out how much I love Zumba. I didn't go to Zumba when I was sick and kind of lost motivation to continue with losing weight. I'm not fully on track for a speedy weight loss but if I can say the last time I exercised was at most a couple days ago I know not to feel like a slacker.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #5  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 170starting View Post
I stay motivated by saying to myself "Imagine where you will be 6 months from now if you stick to it." I said that 6 months ago... and I am 54 pounds lighter.
ITA. I told myself I would do this for one year. Look at the goals section and see how much weight these awesome people have lost in a year. It's truly inspiring. Or at least it was for me.

I wasted so many years telling myself that I would never succeed at weight loss. I truly didn't think I could do it.

I don't think that any more. If all these other people can do it, why can't I?
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote