- not feeling controlled by food and emotions
- feeling comfortable in my own skin
- not feeling like the 'fat friend'
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:21 PM   #32  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Well... I've decided that i want to reach my goal weight of 140 by July 16th. Why that date? Well... that's the date I'll most likely be in Greece at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) that is a part of my parents' missionary organization. I had been going almost every year since I was 8. I was always the fat girl. The large one... the one nobody talked to. I want to be able to see all of these people I grew up around (adults of course) and have them tell me that I look great. And actually know it's true. To be able to travel around Europe and feel as though I belong amongst all of the thin people... to not worry about if I'm too fat to fit into the clothes I try on when I walk into different stores over there.

That's my goal.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #33  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Being at a healthy weight
Having a thin face and a flattish stomach (I don't think flat's going to happen without plastic surgery)
Being able to wear what I want
Doing what I want without the fear of hurting myself or getting into something I can't finish
Impressing my docs
Impressing my outdoorsy acquaintances
Not having a glimpse of my gut temporarily deflate my sense of competence or confidence
Not feeling embarrassed when I meet somebody from my past. Either just being plain glad to see them, or being glad to get to see them squirm while they try to fit their previous assumptions about me into a new mold.

Last edited by theox; 10-17-2011 at 07:23 PM.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 160/151/135

Height: 5'2

Goal looks like...

A body-con dress with no self-consciousness.
Leggings with no cellulite
Not feeling unattractive as soon as I see a thin pretty girl

Last edited by One3Five; 10-25-2011 at 04:10 PM.
One3Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #35  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

Goal looks like ...

- feeling comfortable with myself
- not holding my stomach in (minimizing the fat in that area!)
- fitting into clothing (and paying less for that clothing than I would at a plus-sized store)
PollifaxFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:38 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 172 / 165 / 145

Height: 5'7"

- No more "thunder thighs". This runs in my mom's side of the family, and my mother has been calling me "thunder thighs" since I was about 12. I was less than 100lbs at 12!
- No more muffin tops
- I want to see my hip bones jutting out just a bit. When I was in high school and in 1st year, they always did, and that's when my body looked its best.
- No more upper arm fat. Holy bejeezus. I'm tired of that rounded upper body looks that happens when someone with breasts to speak of + upper arm fat puts their arms right near their body.
- Being happy whilst clothes shopping. I still fit into clothing from regular size stores, but it doesn't fit me as well as I want it to.
- In general, not feeling as puffy.
- 29" waisted jeans, fo reals. 28" would be a dream come true. I'm at 31" right now
cellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Height: 5' 6"

I love the idea of this thread & everyone's responses!

For me:
-Wearing a bikini for the first time ever
-As many others have mentioned: NO THIGH RUB!
-Not feeling out of breath when I walk up the stairs to my apartment
-Looking good in candid photos (No accidental double-chins or stomach rolls!)
-Single-digit size jeans
-Not worrying that people are constantly judging my weight
4theloveof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:01 AM   #38  
Randi

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"ish

Goal For me:
-Generic/same as everyone else [Thighs not rubbing together,No rolls,Being at a healthy weight and BMI]
Not having to shop at Torrid, don't get me wrong, I love their clothes but I've had enough of friends asking me where I got a cute outfit, me telling them ----Torrid, and then having to explain that it is a Plus Size store. Obviously we know I am plus size I just hate saying it.
-Not being every guy I know's best friend because we get along great and flirt all of the time but I have "hot friends" and they just "don't see me like that" not that I want to date every friend that I have but...you know..maybe that's why I became friends with one or two of them..
ForeverLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #39  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

@ ForeverLove, Oh gosh, I hate that! I have had friends ask me where I get coats and shirts, when they notice new pieces of clothing, and I often say "I don't remember" instead of saying "Torrid, a plus-sized store." It's shame about lying AND shame about where I shop.
PollifaxFive is offline   Reply With Quote