Old 10-09-2011, 12:57 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/175

Height: 5 ft 8 inches

free1 - I lost a bunch of weight last year, but didn't throw out the 22s and 20s that were too big for me. It turned out for the best, because I got pregnant and needed them post-pregnancy, but it's a little depressing to feel like I am starting from scratch again! (At least I didn't have to spend a lot of money on a size that I have no intention staying in.) But I know what you mean, I have my clothes that are too big that I know I should get rid of, but it's hard for me to actually do it.

However, now that I am officially back out of my 22s again, I kind of want to burn them, so maybe it'll be easier to part with those clothes this time around!
Astrix83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:03 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I just gave away 5 garbage size give away bags of shoes and clothes that didn't fit from losing weight.. it was bittersweet. I love shopping too much to be that upset but it was weird mostly for my shoes because I had some hot heels that I was hoping to get more use from not realizing my feet were going to shrink..
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/196/160

Height: 5'3"

My summer clothes are all baggy and dumpy looking but thankfully (?) it's no longer summer here anymore anyway! I bought 4 new pairs of pants yesterday in a size 14 and they fit. They really fit - there was no "they fit if I wear a long sweater."

I decided that even though my 18s and 16s are baggy and don't fit - I want to keep them until next summer so I can try them on again and really appreciate how much my body has changed.
Lucky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #19  
Joeywants

S/C/G: 145/145/113

Height: 5'3.5"

I understand being apprehensive about throwing away the fat clothes. I went from a size 8-10 to a size 0-2 and threw out all my old clothes.
I've gained nearly ALL my weight back and the size 8 stuff would come in handy right now.
I'm starting WW next week so I'm hoping I can make do with what I have until I can fit into a few of the looser fitting pieces I had when I was little
joeywants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I accidentally bought size 2 pants the other day. I was debating giving them away but I think I will keep them and try them on every once in a while.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

i was the same, and when i filled to bags full of clothes it almost was a relief when they were gone.. a slight underlining fear that what if???? but no i shall never gain back...

also bought a pair of size 12 UK Size shorts for my holidays and they are my motivation now
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #22  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

I have a pretty decent plus-sized coat that I wore all last winter that is now way too big to be usable. It's pretty sad, since it was pleather, and all my winter coats are currently too large. Which means shopping and spending of money. That, or freezing. Even my high school coats are too big (not to mention unattractive.) I'm thinking of just wearing one of those huge coats and saving myself the money. Never mind the pastel purples. I will deal.

I also made the mistake of buying a pair of size 14 jeans a few weeks ago. I don't know if they were this loose before, but now they are, and although I am still a size 14, the line runs big ("vanity sizes"), so I need a belt to prevent them from falling down. Does anyone else despise belts?

As I'm sure most of you know, different washes and brands fit differently. Right now, I have three size 14 jeans, but I only wear one regularly. When I was a size larger (is it just me, or have I only dropped one size after twenty pounds?) I didn't realize that one size could be so different in jeans. It's kind of nice, although I'm guessing I'm somewhere between a tight 12 and a moderately loose 14.

As for shirts, while some of my v-neck shirts are just indecent now and some other shirts add pounds, there hasn't been a huge change. There's this one shirt made of a hanging fabric that I have owned forever and I still love it. Anyway, weight loss lesson learned, I should wait to go shopping. / rant
PollifaxFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 211/194/140

Height: 5'4"

PollifaxFive, I hear you on belts! My 14's are falling off of my (nearly non-existent) butt and I so do not want to wear belts. Turns out I have really wide hips, big thighs, and no arse to hold up pants when they get to be too big. This sucks because I hate shopping, don't live within 20 miles of a thrift store, and did I mention that I despise shopping. So, because I stay home with the boys I will wear what I have until it falls off of me, then live in PJ's until my husband finally forces me to go out and buy clothes so I look like I have some sense when I do have to go somewhere.

What all that rambling was supposed to say is, no it doesn't make me sad until I need to go somewhere and my pants are falling off because I don't have anything that fits.

A side note: Really wish I had kept all my clothes from before I got pregnant with my first. There were a couple really kick-butt skirts I would kill to have back.
Raven132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Yes, it makes me sad. I just bought some new clothes before the semester started so I would have some nice clothes to wear during my student teaching. I ended up paying full price for one pair of pants because I just loved them so much...and now they are steady falling down!! Also, the same way with a skirt and a beautiful dress that I bought. I gave my mom the dress (she's a little bigger than me) and I will probably see if she can wear the pants and skirt eventually. I am currently in between sizes and don't want to go out there and buy anymore clothes unless I find something that's a REALLY good deal.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #25  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

i dont think i will mourn any bottoms. but its my tops and dresses i will be sad about. Although its going to feel great at the same time i love my clothes i am definetly a clothes kind of girl. even though im fat i love shopping and find cute stuff.

Lambiechop- i havent got to the point where i am throwing stuff out yet. but what i have been doing when i go shopping is i buy 3-4 sizes smaller. and if i really love something i buy it in my size now and 3-4 sizes smaller to. lol When i go shopping i buy half for now and half 3-4sizes smaller. so if i buy one shirt at my size now i buy one shirt at a large or medium. I now have a wall of clothes full of at least 20 outfits for probly in another 20-30lbs. so when im no longer fitting into the stuff in my closet. yes i will be throwing something out but i willl also be puting something in. : )

i think this will be helping me alot. : ) i hope it can help you to.
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #26  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I maintained my weight for over five years so I have SO MANY CLOTHES in sizes 14-18. Considering I'm a 6/8 now...I can't wear them.

I'm going to try selling some on ebay, but I do have a whole set of work clothes I bought last year just before student teaching that I'm going to give to a friend. I WAS hoping to use those clothes now, but I certainly can't.

Hopefully there are folks out there who want to buy some gently-used plus size clothes! I would love to use that money to fund a new wardrobe!

Last edited by sontaikle; 10-11-2011 at 09:45 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #27  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

Think of the CUTER stuff you'll be able to buy as you lose weight. There are great pieces made for bigger girls but there's TONS of great pieces made for average/thin girls.

I'm in a weird, but different, place with my clothes right now. I'm in Japan where I'm both too tall and too big for 98% of clothes. The more weight I lose, the clearer it is that many of my clothes don't fit like they should any more. I would actually LOVE to buy a number of pieces in my current smaller size but I can't. I refuse to shop online because I don't want to buy anything unless I've tried it on.

I know that there are pieces I'll be sad to get rid of as I get even smaller, but right now the desire to actually be able to buy something new is outweighing the sadness, if that makes sense.

Last edited by Kahokkuri; 10-12-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: I swear I can spell!
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:32 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Losing weight is expensive! Especially if you have never been in small sizes and you have to buy whole new wardrobes. I can't decide when to buy new clothes though because my hope is to continue losing. Should I just look baggy all winter?
Jamie1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/175

Height: 5 ft 8 inches

Jamie1985 - try looking for sales/clearance items. That way you can have some clothes that fit properly, but aren't spending huge amounts of cash on things you aren't planning to stay in! :-)
Astrix83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #30  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

I bought two new pairs of pants. I "think" I should be ok on tops for a bit and I have a variety of skirts that should fit for awhile. I'm hoping I can make it until December and give myself a mini shopping spree just before my husband gets home. I'm hoping to be about halfway to goal by then.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote