3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Old 09-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #16
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I do that too. As soon as I get home from the grocery store I take a sharpie and write the points value for a serving on the box of whatever it is. After a while you kind of memorize most of it....but it's still good to write it down to be sure. Also....every once and a while...go back and check that it's still the same (if you've been doing it from memory) because if they change the recipie at all then the points value can change too.

“People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who really make it in this world are the ones who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can’t find them, they make them.”

DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #17
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I can't wait!! I'm going to the store tonight and I will write on the box every point and such! so excited.
Goal 4: 135 (Pre baby weight):
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #18
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

don't forget to measure what you drink if it isn't water. Drinks count too. I know apple juice was always my downfall. I had to just cut it out.

“People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who really make it in this world are the ones who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can’t find them, they make them.”

DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #19
Harwell

S/C/G: 211/198/135

Height: 5'6"

Im doing Weight Watchers too. I lost 85lbs in 2006-2007! Then gained it all back over the past 4 years! I think i am going momentum plan. I get 26 points per day! We should share meal plans and success! So far i have lost 7lbs

today i ate:

THURSDAY 9/29 starting 26points

-arnold sandwich thin 1pt
-whole egg 2pt
-provolone reduced fat cheese 1pt
- almond milk 1pt

-kroger 100% whole wheat bread(2) 2pts
-regular deli ham (2oz) 3pts
-mustard 0pt
-1c strawberries 1pt

-yogurt 2pts
-crackers 2pts

-kroger 100% whole wheat bread (2) 2pts
- 98% fat free hot dogs(2) 3pts
-mustard 0pt
-almond milk 1c 1pt

total for day 23pts (3under)
Exercise: two walks, 35mins and 20 mins

i love seeing meal plans and what everyone else is doing with their points!!
NadineMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:48 PM   #20
Vegetarian college girl

S/C/G: 185/157/140

I want to join! Serious question, and I want a simple answer: how do the meetings work? I'm planning on attending my first one on Monday night, but I don't understand what the weekly fee pays for, or if EVERYONE at Weight Watchers actually *does* the WW trademark points/flex points system. Because I don't get it.

I looked up the answer on WW's website, or I tried to, but it basically was super vague "meet your meeting leader" and "accountability" and "support" and my gosh, I just don't get the point...it's so vague online
wtfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:49 PM   #21
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
Another great suggestion is to get a good food scale. They're inexpensive ($20 ish) and they will help you really monitor how much you're taking in. The next suggestion is echoing everyone else to TRACK. Write down everything. The easy way for me is to plan ahead, but not everyone likes to do that. Meanwhile, I really admire people who can eat on the fly and fit it into their point limit.

When I first started weight watchers years ago to lose my baby weight, I spent the morning after my meeting with my points calculator and a sharpie, writing down points values and serving sizes on the packages for all of the foods I had around. It was incredibly helpful.

Good luck!

A food scale is another definite must if you are being serious! I weigh out all my serving sizes whether its lunch meat, dried pasta, ground beef, chips, whatever you are eating measure out your serving size so you know for sure what you are eating! My scale was 25 bucks maybe off amazon and the most valuable tool I have ever bought I think!

Starting over December 13, 2013.
Goal to get as fit as possible for London Vacation on April 14, 2014
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:10 AM   #22
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I love this! I love getting all of this information. I am going to the store tomorrow morning and redoing our pantry! I am making my husband start eating better now too. he doesnt need to lose any weight. at all. But he could eat a little better and he would proabbly start feeling better! ugh. Thanks ladies. You are all so helpful I just want to hug you all
Goal 4: 135 (Pre baby weight):
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #23

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfudge View Post
I want to join! Serious question, and I want a simple answer: how do the meetings work? I'm planning on attending my first one on Monday night, but I don't understand what the weekly fee pays for, or if EVERYONE at Weight Watchers actually *does* the WW trademark points/flex points system. Because I don't get it.

I looked up the answer on WW's website, or I tried to, but it basically was super vague "meet your meeting leader" and "accountability" and "support" and my gosh, I just don't get the point...it's so vague online
If you're someone who can just follow a plan, it's not so necessary to go to the meetings. Some people need the accountability of weekly weigh-ins or discussion for ideas and support. Much like we're all here, they do it in person. You go in, privately weigh in with a designated person, then sit in on the meeting on any related topic (how to handle the holidays, how to work extra exercise into busy schedules, great new food items, etc). You usually can ask questions, there is some dialogue, then at the end the group is commended by the leader for reaching goals. They usually mention how much weight was collectively lost, then point out specifics (this person lost 10% and they get a pin, or this person lost 50lbs!) If you don't feel comfortable with that being discussed, you can tell your leader and they won't share your goals with the group.

For me the group is a little boring, but I don't have problems following a weight loss plan. I just plan it, then follow my plan. No problem.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote